Notices

BMC Manifolds.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMC Manifolds.

Noticed the BMC RACING banner at the top and was kinda looking through their page. Anyone had any experence with their manifolds? Cracking?

http://www.bmcrace.com/products/manifolds/
Old 08-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BMC Manifolds. (ef8 h0!)

Yeah my buddy has one for a d series...it cracked at the center weld so he took it back off and had a friend who is a welder/fabricator re-weld where the crack was. It was fixed for awhile and then he started droppin boost so yesterday we checked it out again and sure enough the whole back is cracked now so he has to pull it again and get it rewelded. I hear their new products are better cause his is like 6 months old. Im not impressed though just my .02
Old 08-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BMC Manifolds. (delslo93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslo93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah my buddy has one for a d series...it cracked at the center weld so he took it back off and had a friend who is a welder/fabricator re-weld where the crack was. It was fixed for awhile and then he started droppin boost so yesterday we checked it out again and sure enough the whole back is cracked now so he has to pull it again and get it rewelded. I hear their new products are better cause his is like 6 months old. Im not impressed though just my .02 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya they were kinda cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was just wondering the same thing.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (projectTeG)

bump for more info.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.
Default Re: (ef8 h0!)

i'm interested also, anybody else?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LoSt is BlaCk)

I ordered the BMC for a customer of ours and it's a good quality product from what a lot of people have told me. I believe there were a few that cracked in the past, but they fixed it no problem. Don't quote me on that.

I've seen his weld quality now and it's really good. I wouldn't have purchased it, if I knew it would give my customer any problems.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (BodyKits NW)

I think his manifolds are really nice for the price he charges. His logs have a great design on the turbine flange too, about as good as a log could ever flow.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

I have the t3/t4 log and love it. I had it on for 5 months or so now. I think it flows great and have no signs of cracking or poor work. 2 Thumbs up for the guys at BMC race.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dan_w_82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dan_w_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the t3/t4 log and love it. I had it on for 5 months or so now. I think it flows great and have no signs of cracking or poor work. 2 Thumbs up for the guys at BMC race. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Anyone else?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

the site says the mani's have a"Lifetime Gaurantee against Cracking (original buyer only) "

Old 08-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

I have had BMC elf on my car for about 2 months now. Haven't had any isssues with it yet.

Made 518 HP at 19 psi on pump gas on a b16 block/gsr head. Thumbs up for BMC.

Have two logs on order now, actaully one is already here. I will see how they perform compared to other manifolds we have used when we get one of the cars finished.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: (ef8 h0!)

I'm running a d series log manifold from james@bmc. So far so good with no cracks, even if it cracks, bmc has a lifetime warranty on the work. You can send it back to him and he'll fix it for free.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (BigMoneyP)

From what I know, BMC is/at the time a mom/pop/kid effort. Granted they have CNC access & a great 20-something welder (IIRC, he said he was young)...

The one I had was an older one, bought used/cracked, had it tig'd & cut the flange (stress cracks). Both cuts closed less than a 1/32, just enough to pull on the welds. The cracks were on the welds between both elbow/tee connection (between cyl 1-2 and 3-4), hairline where you hardly saw them. All welds had very good penetration though. The welds on that one look thinner/different than his current tig pictures. Can't say if it leaked exhaust gases, never ran it. Sold to a friend, so I'll find out.

They do a good job porting it to an extent. I remember the bmc welder saying he spends most of his time preping/grinding. Personally if I was to buy another manifold, I'd get a ram-horn from neukin or something.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They do a good job porting it to an extent. I remember the bmc welder saying he spends most of his time preping/grinding. Personally if I was to buy another manifold, I'd get a ram-horn from neukin or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't mean any bashing but just like to point out something. You said bmc said he spend of of his time prepping, but if you look at the picture below it did not seem like he cleans things up that well. Hell, the part number of the bends are still on there!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (Lycanthrope)

im running a BMC mani,DP adn DT.....
great product adn no problems..
250whp 225 ft lbs
STOCK LS...10psi....on a slipping clutch
....you cant beat their LIFETIME WARRENTY too

BMC
Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 AM

bmc t3/t4 log style manifold
233hp/232 tq
on a blown turbo
who cares about parts #'s
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 AM

that picture above is actually my car, and the manifold seems great to me, why would you be so worried about a number stamped on the pipe anyway, I'd rather have the fabricator spend more time making it strong than pretty.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: BMC Manifolds. (ef8 h0!)

heres a pic of my set up
Old 08-16-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: (twisted civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twisted civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that picture above is actually my car, and the manifold seems great to me, why would you be so worried about a number stamped on the pipe anyway, I'd rather have the fabricator spend more time making it strong than pretty.
[/img] </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not saying that it's a problem, I just pointed that out since somebody said that he claims to "spend most of his time cleaning/grinding", and the pictures of these manifolds contradict what he said.
I'm sure he makes good stuffs, but if I could pay the same amount of money for the same thing but has a better appearance I would do it in a heartbeat. If you compare this picture I found on ebay to the one posted, you can tell the difference.

I guess i'm just more **** about appearance, but if I paid for something I want it to looks good.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:14 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lycanthrope &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm not saying that it's a problem, I just pointed that out since somebody said that he claims to "spend most of his time cleaning/grinding", and the pictures of these manifolds contradict what he said.
I'm sure he makes good stuffs, but if I could pay the same amount of money for the same thing but has a better appearance I would do it in a heartbeat. If you compare this picture I found on ebay to the one that posted, you can tell the difference.

I guess i'm just more **** about appearance, but if I paid for something I want it to looks good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

is yours a mild steel one?
my SS one came out reat and looks great too
Old 08-16-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: (Snoflake)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snoflake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

is yours a mild steel one?
my SS one came out reat and looks great too</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol that's not mine, I don't even have a manifold yet. I'm in the market for one, it won't be a log though. But I believe that manifold is SS.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lycanthrope &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
lol that's not mine, I don't even have a manifold yet. I'm in the market for one, it won't be a log though. But I believe that manifold is SS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ahh ok just take a look at my log tho its a SS and for it looking good
Old 08-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure he makes good stuffs, but if I could pay the same amount of money for the same thing but has a better appearance I would do it in a heartbeat. If you compare this picture I found on ebay to the one posted, you can tell the difference.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

he does spend time cleaning stuff when he has time... he has tons of orders to do and trying to go to school...

heres one for you that he was doing since you like appearance

he does great work. i dont know much about his old manifolds but his new ones are top notch
Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

red ls cover cool

Quick Reply: BMC Manifolds.