Notices

Blox Turbo Manifold - Passenger Side Exit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blox Turbo Manifold - Passenger Side Exit

I want to run my turbo setup in an untraditional way. I would like to run my Blox log manifold with the downpipe exiting on the passenger side. The turbo I'm running is a Precision SC50 5 bolt, motor is B18C (No A/C but has P/S). My biggest debacle with running it like this is whether I can keep a full radiator or not. Does anyone have fitment pictures of their setup running this manifold with the compressor on the drivers side and downpipe on the passengers side? My searches have revealed mostly 4 bolt turbos running with the passenger side exit and having a half radiator (because this manifold is meant for a 5 bolt).
Old 07-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Blox Turbo Manifold - Passenger Side Exit

If you have the cast exhaust manifold from blox that uses the 5 bolt turbine housing, you're going to have horribly ridiculous fitment issues. These were not designed to run the opposite direction and would face the compressor inlet toward the power steering pump and apparatus. Sell the blox nonsense and get another exhaust manifold that faces the other direction. The exhaust manifold turbine inlet position is what's causing this problem. Nothing you can do about it, but get rid of it. Pictures won't help you because there's nothing new to invent.

Don't worry, I'm sure there are others that want to buy an exhaust manifold like that to fit the way it was designed.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quick Shodan. I will be doing autoX and road racing with this build, so I'm looking for quick spool. That's why I wanted to keep this Blox manifold, because honestly I love how fast it spools and theres no need for me to make more power with the purpose of this car. Awhile ago I had been looking at other manifold options with short runners and P/S friendly, but pretty much the only one I found was the Spoolin quick 4 I believe (which they are out of business..???). Do you know of any other manifolds that will work for what I'm trying to accomplish?
Old 07-08-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You can still do steel tubular log manifolds for circuit/autox purposes that don't have a cast flange to force you to use a 5 bolt turbine housing. Go-Autoworks I believe still makes one (to special order) and they still have their equal length shorty manifolds to work with as well.

For the B18C1, It's really time to step your turbo game up to better technology or even going with a dbb unit for that kind of punishment. if you truly have a pre-2006 SC50, there are rebuild / upgrade options that you can use to upgrade your current turbocharger, but honestly, with the changes out there today, I'd look into another unit to work with that engine for that kind of purpose. The Gen II GTX2863, The Rogue, Banshee, GTX3067R and GTX2867R are the ones you want to look at now when it comes to maximum efficiency. And they even come in 4 bolt turbine housings to match.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm I guess I have some things to consider then. Really going to examine my options here. You're awesome, thanks for the wisdom.