Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Inline pro manifold Please Help

Power goal: 300-350 HP
Chassis: 1998 Civic HX
Motor: b16a2 /w B16 trans

Situation: I had my B16a2 Boosted with some no name log Manifold and a t3/t4 garrett turbo (4 bolt) from what i understand good to about 400 HP, had issues with the log manifold and it was removed. I purchased a inline pro t3/t4 Manifold (yes it has both bolt patterns drilled) http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-92-inl...-manifold.aspx. now heres my problem the manifold angles the turbo in such a way the downpipe Hits the motor. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...pse4f833ec.jpg

It seems that this turbo manifold is meant for 5 BOLT TURBO ONLY. at this point i am trying to keep my inline pro, any recomendations on how to resolve this. suggestion on a compatible turbo??

need to get this figured out fast gonna call inline pro in the morning but i was hoping to get advice from some one with experience running this manifold
thanks much

if it matters the block is B16a2 fully stock, and i do have a Built B18c1 (eagle rods/wiseco pistons/block guard 9:1 CR) still in the shop just owe a few more $$ on it also have GSR trans on the side
Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Inline pro manifold Please Help

almost any manifold will require custom modification to the exhaust pipe to fit your particular engine/car setup. i sugest havint cut and clocked accordingly and welded back together
Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

$600 for a cast manifold!? Holy barnacles batman bunch of thieves over there
Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by odz-fab
almost any manifold will require custom modification to the exhaust pipe to fit your particular engine/car setup. i sugest havint cut and clocked accordingly and welded back together
yes but its almost impossible without completely obstructing one of the 4 bolt holes i cant even imagin how to do that, and no standard downpipe will work. 5 bolt is somehow different?

@odz-fab

i didnt pay 600 and its regarded as one of the best manifolds its stainless steel and can support 800 whp
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Best manifold...now that's just funny.
Take your car to a fabrication shop/performance shop. They'll make you a down pipe and your problem is solved. End of story, and yes its that's simple
Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even the cheapo manifold needs to mod ur down pipe. I too have an inline pro tho I haven't used it yet I figure 100$ well spent.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by camdizawg
Power goal: 300-350 HP
Chassis: 1998 Civic HX
Motor: b16a2 /w B16 trans

Situation: I had my B16a2 Boosted with some no name log Manifold and a t3/t4 garrett turbo (4 bolt) from what i understand good to about 400 HP, had issues with the log manifold and it was removed. I purchased a inline pro t3/t4 Manifold (yes it has both bolt patterns drilled) http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-92-inl...-manifold.aspx. now heres my problem the manifold angles the turbo in such a way the downpipe Hits the motor. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...pse4f833ec.jpg

It seems that this turbo manifold is meant for 5 BOLT TURBO ONLY. at this point i am trying to keep my inline pro, any recomendations on how to resolve this. suggestion on a compatible turbo??

need to get this figured out fast gonna call inline pro in the morning but i was hoping to get advice from some one with experience running this manifold
thanks much

if it matters the block is B16a2 fully stock, and i do have a Built B18c1 (eagle rods/wiseco pistons/block guard 9:1 CR) still in the shop just owe a few more $$ on it also have GSR trans on the side
This manifold was designed for the 5 bolt housing, (as you stated) so that it would allow for the downpipe to clear the a/c compressor and bracket. The caveat is that the webbing of the engine block next to the stamping number, must be ground down to fit the compressor housing (assuming you have the standard T04E compressor cover Garrett/Precision/Turbonetics). There's nothing that can be done about that, and was quite common knowledge of that possibility when it was introduced to the public in 2001. At the time, Revhard, Drag, and FMAX also required that the webbing of the block be removed enough to work with the A/C compressor.

The only alternative that one can do now is to either grind the block to allow it to fit, change your turbocharger to one that fits the T04B compressor cover (some Turbonetics and Custom Garretts allow for this). Going from a T04E to T04B cover in the same turbocharger is a bit pricey, so it may not be possible to "just switch".

In this case, its best to either change manifolds completely, or grind down the webbing of the block to allow for this. Inline Pro will not consider this fitment "an issue", so there's no real point in calling them. It was part of the design.

Good luck. Hope you get things to work.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have this manifold and its been on my car for going on 4 years. This is not the A/C compatible manifold and the best configuration is to have the compressor facing the drivers side. I have changed turbos three times and needed a new down pipe custom made when I changed the flange type. I had a 3" vband at first and currently have the same 4 bolt you have pictured. Also I had to use a stud kit for the manifold to turbo and turbo to down pipe. This eliminated bolts backing out and made bolting up the down pipe a TON easier! InlinePRO used this manifold for Matt Keller's car years ago and hung a GT42 from it. It is a great manifold and I have no plans on changing it anytime soon!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by LS AzZkIkr
I have this manifold and its been on my car for going on 4 years. This is not the A/C compatible manifold and the best configuration is to have the compressor facing the drivers side. I have changed turbos three times and needed a new down pipe custom made when I changed the flange type. I had a 3" vband at first and currently have the same 4 bolt you have pictured. Also I had to use a stud kit for the manifold to turbo and turbo to down pipe. This eliminated bolts backing out and made bolting up the down pipe a TON easier! InlinePRO used this manifold for Matt Keller's car years ago and hung a GT42 from it. It is a great manifold and I have no plans on changing it anytime soon!
Corrected. From initial look it seemed like the standard 5 bolt A/C compatible style.

Is this what he actually has?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have pictures of it mounted on the car? I'm interested to see how it sits with the turbo facing the other direction
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks to all for input. @ shodan same manifold. Just h
Got off the phone and its strictly a 5 bolt turbo system only. Clearing ac not an issue for me i already removed ac. Just yrying to get a 5 bolt turbo now any suggestions? I see alot more 4 bolt turbos havong a hard time finding 5 bolts looking for abput 57 trim and up
Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Schister66
Do you have pictures of it mounted on the car? I'm interested to see how it sits with the turbo facing the other direction
When i face the compressor to drivers turbo is hotting block big time apparently i would need to do alot of grinding
Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by camdizawg
Thanks to all for input. @ shodan same manifold. Just h
Got off the phone and its strictly a 5 bolt turbo system only. Clearing ac not an issue for me i already removed ac. Just yrying to get a 5 bolt turbo now any suggestions? I see alot more 4 bolt turbos havong a hard time finding 5 bolts looking for abput 57 trim and up
Literally hundreds of options based on that loose criteria.

Gotta state budget for the turbocharger alone (Have a number please, not a

"well, I'm not cheap, but I don't want to break the bank".. No good),
Power goals for now as well as the future , fuel used.

purpose of the car (Please don't just say "quick spool" and still "power for later" that means Zero),

And some examples of what you've already checked out for yourself.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish I could find an inline pro like posted above... they almost don't exist anymore
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wantboost
I wish I could find an inline pro like posted above... they almost don't exist anymore
I have a stainless one with a 2-bolt 38mm wastegate rather than the MVS...and its not ceramic coated, but the point remains, I have one if youre looking...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Pm me maybe?
<3