Notices

blockguard installation issue!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blockguard installation issue!?!?

Hi, my motor is now in the process of being rebuilt, ross pistons, eagle rods, stock sleeves bored out to 81.5mm to fit my new pistons, etc...

the question is I was supposed to put an STR blockguard on it, and my engine builder called me today saying that he couldn't put the BG in place cause if he did put it in place the sleeves would have moved. He then explained me that a company like STR who manufactures blockguard they do an average of like 5 blocks, and my block was just not in the specs, so that's the reason he gave me why he couldn't put the BG in place. Is this can be true????

sorry for my english.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: blockguard installation issue!?!? (birz)

the block guard is not going to fit right the first time some people get lucky. even my golden eagle one didnt drop right in. you have to file the block guard down to fit better. and even then it should still be a tight fit. the block guard will make your cylinders go out of round possibly that is why you get the sleeves HONED to take care of that. mine were out of round ness i had the machine shop measure my cylinder walls and then they honed the walls and they were back in spec. hope that helps