Notices

B16A Integra Turbo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B16A Integra Turbo Questions

Today made Tons of lead-way. Got more done as usual. Pictures are as follows.

Old head was something up with, Had my old XSi head on a shelf basically brand new. Slapped it on...

Within another day (of me being able to work) I should be able to get this thing in the car.
Attached Images           
Old 09-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: Car being prepped for Paint. Is prepped needs to be sprayed.

Some recent pics of engine bay- New wires added. Mixmatch set would not let car run correct. next main focus is tuning. Stock map sensor seems to be not holding. Im poping code MAP or w.e 4? code 4 I believe im boosting +/-10 psi and map is not holding. Thinking I need a 3 bar map to register more boost.

have bigger injectors, but not in. Im trying to figure if I should get a chip burned to allow me to run around with the larger injetors or just get it tuned and put the bigger ones in than?

Everything seems to be holding pretty good. It shoots up to 5-7 psi no problem Wheels begin to break loose.

Clutch is upgraded RACE unit and is tight. No clue how to adjust it.
Attached Images    
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So Progress was sort-of slow. had prepped car for paint, was not addresed for a week or 2 but finally got it sprayed/clear coated. Also The CF hood was shot.

When we got the car it seemed like it was good. It sat for a year or longer and looked sun damaged. We wet sanded and re clear coated the CF hood and it looks un real. Here are a few pics. I also had some lens tint or black out stuff laying around and gently hit the front corners. I ended up deleting the hood pic. But I will get photo asap.

Only thing I am looking for now is a upgrade map sensor. I had hit 10psi no problem and overload. Looking for a 2.5bar map.
Attached Images     
Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that paint on the motor looks terrible imo man..and why are you using accel wires?

gluck with build tho
Old 09-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is what it is. and they were relatively cheap the wires.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

i wouldnt use accel wires even someone gave them to me. NGK all the way, is what i say

what angle pipe did you use for the filter? i would like to relocate mine
Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Story is with them wires. I had a set of mix-matched ****. It was like a nightmare. Had a d series engine go 1 or 2 times. but the wires and dist. were like laying around and we used them wires. I dont think we were getting good results. I paied 20 some bucks for the wires. They were "for" the B16 engine. I was not going to keep battling wires that didnt even go to the engine. you know?

Filter needs to be completely relocated. I plan to run in up front where bumper is or relocate some where else. Its really not in the best spot right now. I had the part laying around from my old BMW. It was actually a B series intake kit, ended up hacking the bend off for my BM back than and still had it laying around.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by EFjoe91
Story is with them wires. I had a set of mix-matched ****. It was like a nightmare. Had a d series engine go 1 or 2 times. but the wires and dist. were like laying around and we used them wires. I dont think we were getting good results. I paied 20 some bucks for the wires. They were "for" the B16 engine. I was not going to keep battling wires that didnt even go to the engine. you know?
I'm sorry.. That made no sense...none at all. But use your logic how you see fit.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SHO- I had another car. It had a D series engine in it. I had threw a rod. Engine went. Spare parts laying around. Ended up using a D series wire. Which to my knowledge is not correct. B series engines wires are diffrent than D. I was running a MIX-MATCH of wires.

I found the accel wires on line for cheap- Thats why I bought them. They are spesfic for the B series engine. Now with the Accel wires Atlease I know I have 4 wires that are all pretty much the same. Does that make any sence...? to you at all.

Anyway her is a pic I took today of the CF hood and what not Again this hood was shot. Sun damaged. Clear coat faded to white. Some scratches. I stepped it from 600-1500 grit sandpaper and had some extra Deltron DC4000 velocity clear coat laying around..It was my idea, I was not sure what was going to happen. Alot of the stuff I am using and building is all like "laying" around. Paint. Engine parts. head. Either way I think it looks real good. Overall the car looks great. Made great progress with this over the weekend. Next steps are getting the correct sensors to handle the boost.
Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ended up dynoing out at 220 hp.

I was expecting 280-300. I guess I had high hopes.

Wondering what will help out the next time around on the tune and dyno.

A set of bigger injectors? Running 440CC now. Also- cat is blown out. wide open.

Thinking of a 3 inch DP...? Ended up blowing the turbo and replaced it with a better turbonetics ball bearing unit. Now I believe it will need another tune for the turbo.. What can we do to get more.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A real turbo
Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got some new wheels...
Attached Images     
Old 12-15-2016, 06:40 AM
Trial User

Bringing back a DEAD post, but I've been having issues with my integra and was wondering if you ever figured this problem out?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:50 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by TurtboTeg
Bringing back a DEAD post, but I've been having issues with my integra and was wondering if you ever figured this problem out?
Hi TurtboTeg, We get what you're trying to do here but, we're going to ask if you don't mind that instead of bumping an old thread no one has answered in 4 years, that you to create a specific thread regarding your question with as much background detail as possible. If you need to reference this thread, simply provide a link with the specific post # so we know what you're referring to.

That way, no one is taking a lot of time getting to your particular issue if they decide to help.

I'm going to close this right now, as an incentive for you to put your thread together with your specific questions.