Notices

B16 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 build

Hey just a quick question for those who would know Ive got a B16A im getting ready to build, ive got a brian crower stroker kit with an 8.0:1 comp ratio, im looking at getting the buddy club 2.0mm head gasket and then running a 70 trim turbo on it with a hit of spray to spool it, i just went to the machine shop down the street from me and asked about sleeving the block and line honing my main journals and my cam journals along with possibly coating the pistons, anyways long story short the guy at the shop said if i wanna go crazy with the boost, which is my plan, to go with a dart block, now ive been into the muscle car scene for years and i know the quality of darts ****, and i know its good, but if i can id like to stay with the stock block, will it handle 30-35+ psi of boost with sleeves and all kinds of other **** done? or should i just keep saving for the dart block and head and boost the living **** outta the motor, i think itd be pretty impressive to run 30-35+ psi on the stock block.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16 build (DseriezDemon)

TUNING!! ALLLL TUNING. lol. My buddy is running a JDM S13 in his 240sx...all stock internals, and he's running a garret turbo (i gotta check w/ him...i forget off hand)...but he's running 21psi on those stock internals. At this point I'd say...if you were to sleave it, and build it correctly, blue print it, balance it, titanium valves, springs, retainers, and forged bottom end...you'd be able to do it. Maybe with even less then all that. idk. But I'd say rather be over built for the boost, then underbuilt. lol. But if you're gonna build the **** outta a stock block...y not just use the dart? It's prolly cheaper, and def. more reliable! lol. If I could afford it...I'd def. buy a dart setup. But I understand what you're sayin. Best of luck. Keep us posted on what ur doin

-(jdm)bytemee495
Old 06-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16 build ((jdm)bytemee495)

yea definiteyl ill keep ya posted, and i totally agree with the overbuild overkill method of building, but the dart block and head are way outta my budget on this build, trust me if i could id love to buy the dart block and heads cause if i did itd definitely be pimp ****.