Notices

Assistance needed: D16y8 no positive pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance needed: D16y8 no positive pressure

Hey guys I have a D16y8 that is boosted on 10 pounds. I was on my way home from work this morning and got into Boost and didn't even push it hard at all.. Once I hit 4th gear it stopped boosting. All it does is stays in Vacuum now, It doesn't run like crap or nothing. Just will not boost. I have checked all hoses and lines and they are all still in tact and in good shape.. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Wastegate! You can still here the Turbo spinning. Just no forced induction.. any answers will help! Thanks!! Names Kevlar by the way! Hope to hear from you guys..
Old 05-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Assistance needed: D16y8 no positive pressure

tore a coupler, cracked a boost pipe, or a coupler popped off a boost pipe.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Trial User

Thanks for the Info MotoXXXMan! I figured it what it was when I got to digging deeper into it! I couldn't tell until I took the Cold Air intake off.. The damn Tubing that runs to the Intercooler blew out of the Intercooler! That was the first time it's ever happened. But I put it back together and tightened the Hose clamp down so we shall see if it holds this time.. if not I'll have to get a new clamp and see if that takes care of it for good! Thanks for the help tho buddy!!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kevlar Crouse
Thanks for the Info MotoXXXMan! I figured it what it was when I got to digging deeper into it! I couldn't tell until I took the Cold Air intake off.. The damn Tubing that runs to the Intercooler blew out of the Intercooler! That was the first time it's ever happened. But I put it back together and tightened the Hose clamp down so we shall see if it holds this time.. if not I'll have to get a new clamp and see if that takes care of it for good! Thanks for the help tho buddy!!
Use t-bolt clamps instead of regular hose/worm clams. Also it's a really good idea to have your ic piping rolled on the ends, make sure when you install your couplers and clamps that your clamp is past the rolled end this will stop it from sliding/popping off. I've also heard of people using hair spray before installing there couplers, but I've never personally used that method.

I usually get my t-bolt clamps here.

T Bolt Clamp
Old 05-25-2017, 06:51 PM
Trial User

Thanks for info boosted 94gsr. I'll get some of those clamps!