Notices

Art, John or other people who have dealt with many engine issues. New discovery to my prob.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 11:44 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art, John or other people who have dealt with many engine issues. New discovery to my prob.

Well basically to continue further into my issue with the car concerning with my last post I considered the climate to be an issue between day and night so I drove the car stopped and upon pulling the spark plugs it seems I have coolant in all 4 cylinders and on the treads of the plugs. If you read my previous post I registered basically the same compression all around on all 4 cylinders. Now upon this discovery is it safe to possibly say my headgasket is not blown and the piston rings are not shot but that the headbolts were not torqued down enough??? Funny **** is there is no white smoke but the coolant is seeping out the side where I showed on the pic below the thermostat housing, etc. Please let me know what you guys think and hopefully that is the case and **** isn't as bad as it seems and I guess I was just pissed as **** at the time I blew up on that post..Like I said hopefully that's the case. What do you guys think?? THNAKS ALOT, and thanks for the suggestions from those who helped, you guys are definitely a class act and good hearted, but don't be getting ****** mushy now.lol

Nick
Old 03-24-2002, 12:28 PM
New User

Default Re: Art, John or other people who have dealt with many engine issues. New discovery to my prob. (boo

you should *never* have coolant in the cylinders. Are you running head studs? If so, check their torque specs, as they do have to be retorqued after the initial 100 mile break in, and should be again checked at 1000 miles in my experience. If you are running stock bolts, they possibly could have stretched. Next culprit would be the head gasket, but they rarely fail on B series motors, even under high boost. Worst case scenario, if all this checks out, would be a bad decking job, warped head, or a blown cylinder wall. I'd start with the studs/bolts and work your way down until you find the problem.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Art, John or other people who have dealt with many engine issues. New discovery to my prob. (boo

I agree with john. Just out of curiosity, did you get the head resurfaced? Alot of times with all the heat the head can get warped. Another question is, if the head isnt warped what caused the head to lift off of the block? Usually detonination lift the head right off so things to keep in mind.
Check this out, find a stud with I think a 12mmX 1.25pitch thread and hook up somewhere in the back of the block then the other end to a vacuum line to it. Then hook up the vacuum line to a medical stethascope and see if you can hear detonation. I know this sounds cheezy but it really works...

art
Old 03-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey art do you then run the hose into the cab while you are driving or, do you listen at idle. this sounds like a good idea. thanks