Notices

Arrogant Tuners !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arrogant Tuners !!!!

I’m writing this email because one of the “Super Tuners” on this site thought it necessary to talk down to a shop owner who simply admired him and wanted some pointer because he is just starting out with his new chassis dyno.

The funny thing is that this “Super Tuner” is so full of **** its not funny and if he was ever to spout this crap to a knowledgeable tuner who truly knows what is required for tuning to peak VE they would laugh at him regardless of his many high hp accomplishments. Especially when they find out that these accomplishment where done on a DYNOJET which has no data acquisition capabilities.

One of his questions was. Do you know anything about VE(volumetric efficiency) and this is what you tune for, peak VE. If you don’t know anything about it you have a long road ahead of you before you should even start tuning.

I’ve yet to see any tuner on this site post up the data they retrieved from an air flow transducer during there tuning and it is absolutely needed to tune to peak VE.

While tuning for peak VE sounds technical and makes you seem like your doing something more techy than you really are, why can’t you just say your tuning for peak torque which is the only thing your actually basing your corrections on without an air flow transducer.

Now this isn’t a debate about how much people know about VE, its about treating people like crap and talking down to people when what you are claiming is nothing but an exaggeration of what your really doing.

There will be no names in this post. The tuner who this is directed to will know who he is, if he is not so arrogant that he forgot about the incident. All I ask is that you treat people with respect.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arrogant Tuners !!!! (trickeng)

i know mase is a mod here and people may think its aimed at him, but it is not mase. nor is it jeff evans.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So it is not Jeff or Mase.... I think that narrows it down to just a small group of people. One or two in perticular....

You brought this upon yourself. Be prepared to deal with what comes from this.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people with Egos are gay....modest tuners are the best....I feel like Evan's is pretty modest because on his forum, you can ask him all sorts of questions reguarding your setup and he answers them w/o any sort of rude comments or disrespect at all.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

it does not narrow it down because there are more than 10 tuners off the top of my head who post on this site who are well known and have made big power.

as for bringing a tear to my eye, anyone who is willing to try can come to my shop where i have the ability to throw an air flow tranducer on the car while on the chassis dyno.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't bother making a post about someone if you don't have the ***** to say their name....
Old 04-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trickeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now this isn’t a debate about how much people know about VE, its about treating people like crap and talking down to people when what you are claiming is nothing but an exaggeration of what your really doing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

and why does this tread belong in forced induction??

some people are just ********...get over it
Old 04-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Arrogant Tuners !!!! (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't bother making a post about someone if you don't have the ***** to say their name....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just went out there and called him to the table eh....

Why should anybody that is in this business feel as though he should care to those that are starting out. It sounds like you are just pissed because the tuner did not give you a straight answer....

You have to learn just like anyone else in this field. Pick up a book, read book, put book down, have a drink because you are off to a good start and then continue with your reading and learning. It might seem like a difficult task, but I think you can do it.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arrogant Tuners !!!! (12SEC CIV)

your friend probilby worded his question wrong. by the way you say it your friend was trying to put him down."One of his questions was. Do you know ANYTHING about VE(volumetric efficiency) and this is what you tune for, peak VE." is this what he said because thats more likely going to backfire when you word it like that. calm the F--k down. maybe he has secrets that make his job easy that he doesnt want to give away. maybe thats the only thing hes got going for him. who cares. why was your friend even talking to this SUPER TUNER? did he call him up during the guys lunch? maybe the SUPER TUNER was having a bad day. dont come in here blowing ur steam and leaving us hanging like this too. this is a one sided story about you and how cool you are. kthxbye
Old 04-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know I'm off the hook... I simply fail to respond to problematic questions instead of gong off on someone

well, most of the time...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Arrogant Tuners !!!! (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't bother making a post about someone if you don't have the ***** to say their name....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trickeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
There will be no names in this post.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trickeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but it is not mase. nor is it jeff evans.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not gonna name any names? This doesnt belong here...