Notices

Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2.

Hi,

I am having some major problems with my Boost controller and everytime I try to get help or cal greddy they kinda blow me off or I get some incorrect information.

I need to know HOW TO CORRECTLY SETUP A PROFEC B SPEC 2 WITH AN EXTERNAL WG.

I also need to know what are some good base settings to use to keep me at a low boost setting. What would I need to adjust in order to make the boost higher? I am using a tial 38mm WG and SC61.

Please dont refer me to the manual. It is ****.

I was boost spiking to 20 psi on a stock GSR motor
Now I have the WG directly to the turbo so it wont boost beyond 5.5 psi.

ANy and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 01-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RNPoo7)

I didnt even read your post, but I know that when many people have problems with greddy products on this site, they always complain about how terrible the customer service is which leads me to believe there is no one on this site that works for greddys tech dept.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (B16CRXT)

The vac. line on the side/bottom of your wg needs to come from a good source such as the I/M. T off of that line to go to the top port of your wastegate, and put the box from the profec b II in that vac line.

0% on your low boost setting will be 5.5 psi (assuming that is what wg spring you have), then for your high boost, just adjust up until you get the desired boost level you are looking for. I would suggest starting at 25% on your high, if it jumps 3psi, then you'll know how much more to turn to get to a certain number.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (94lsboost)

that thing is junk . I will never buy another again.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (itr206)

wow, that sucks to hear... I have heard good and bad things about it, but mine isn't installed yet.

What probs did you have?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (94lsboost)

I was one of the 1st ones to have that damn thing and thought it was soo cool. I thought i had it working well for a while, but let the car sit for like a year and forgot how to use it and was jsut a pain in the *** to keep steady boost with it. Never had a prob with MBC's. Sad i ditched my Hallman for that. Now I have a Turbo XS dual stage. Not hooked up yet, but im hoping it will be alot better then the Profec
Old 01-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (itr206)

I have the old Profec B, I love it cuz its so damn easy! Turb a couple ***** and be done with it. I personally against a MBC, I don't understand why people will put their motors at the mercy of $6 of parts? They work for most people, but its just too much hassle and they can spike on you in a heartbeat.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (t04ecvc)

Who said anything about $6 MBC? Hallman is THE BEST MBC's out there. I got the Turbo XS this time though becuase of the dual stage option and more fine tuneability. I have NEVER spiked or had any kind of prob with an MBC. I also havent used a $6 Home Depot or Ebay Special.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my ace hardware 5$ special MBC has never ever spiked or crept up on me at all. it holds where i leave it everytime. Shitty Wastegates cause more of those problems than anything. Im gonna get the new Greddy Type S...its a revamd of the old **** style profec....before the spec b 2 came out.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:16 AM

I have a turboxs mbc now and I dont like it much...I have a couple of problems, but I can't pinpoint them to it until I change it out for my profec b II.... if the problems still exist, then i'll have no complaints about it. (mine is the single stage)
Old 01-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Problems i'm having--->spikes like a bitch

As far as settings, i tried every single combination out there and no luck.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who said anything about $6 MBC? Hallman is THE BEST MBC's out there. I got the Turbo XS this time though becuase of the dual stage option and more fine tuneability. I have NEVER spiked or had any kind of prob with an MBC. I also havent used a $6 Home Depot or Ebay Special. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not saying you are using one, but the basic internals are just about the same with all of the mbc's. Hell some of the old indy race teams when they were turbo were running mbc's so they can't be all that bad, I just don't trust them.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok enough about the MBC please.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94lsboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The vac. line on the side/bottom of your wg needs to come from a good source such as the I/M. T off of that line to go to the top port of your wastegate, and put the box from the profec b II in that vac line.

0% on your low boost setting will be 5.5 psi (assuming that is what wg spring you have), then for your high boost, just adjust up until you get the desired boost level you are looking for. I would suggest starting at 25% on your high, if it jumps 3psi, then you'll know how much more to turn to get to a certain number. </TD></TR></TABLE>

bottom port to the intake manifold, tee that line inot the top port and tee t again for the EBC? If I use a vaccum manifold can I just put all 3 of those connections to it? thast what it sounds liek you are telling me to do...
Old 01-29-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Anyone work for GREDDY'S TECH DEPT.? I NEED help with profec B spec 2. (B16CRXT)

You can use 2 separate lines from the manifold, or you can just use one.

What I was saying is take your one good vac line from the manifold and run it toward the bottom nipple on your wastegate. Before you connect it, T it out.

Go ahead and run one of the lines from the T to the bottom port, and run the other toward the top. Before the other line gets to the top nipple put your EBC in it, then run it on to the top nipple.

There are a couple of ways of doing this but I emailed a guy at greddy and that's what he told me about 1 month ago. I think I found it in the manual somewhere, but you have to really look at their crappy pictures with some imigination.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, I see what you are saying now.

Since I have a vaccum manifold couldnt I just run a line from it to the bottom port, one to the solenoid and t that into the top port?

OR should I run 3 separate lines?

Thanks for your help man.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:07 PM

You can do one to the bottom, then one separate to the top and just put the box inline in it.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, so on that top one: Run the line from the vaccum manifold to the "COM" on teh solenoid and out the "NC" to the top port on the WG. Right?