Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (White Smoke)

Can the Profect B valve be used with AEM boost controler?.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (BoostGoneWild)

Well I am goin to get a couple of solenoids. So we'll see. But I am sure it will work just fine.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (BoostGoneWild)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostGoneWild &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can the Profect B valve be used with AEM boost controler?.</TD></TR></TABLE> I highly doubt it. What we are talking about here is using the AEM EMS to control these solenoids.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I highly doubt it. What we are talking about here is using the AEM EMS to control these solenoids.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, what i meant to say was the Profect B solenoid can it be used with the AEM
?.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostGoneWild &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry, what i meant to say was the Profect B solenoid can it be used with the AEM
?.</TD></TR></TABLE>Thats a good question I would like to know too.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (eddie_ek)

The profec b spec 2 solenoid and the type s solenoid can, the old profec b stepper motor probably can't.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The profec b spec 2 solenoid and the type s solenoid can, the old profec b stepper motor probably can't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what Hz does the profec solenoid need? Anything else special needed to adapt this to aem ems?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (00ITR #543)

I'm not sure, aem might or might not be able to help you with that information.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (tony1)

the old profec b stepper wont work with the ems.

the newer pw soleniods work fine at 31hz.. almost all the soleniods i have used work fine at 31hz, gm, aem, perrin, greddy, apex, etc, etc
Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (97gsrcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97gsrcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your running dual wastegates i would need 2 solenids correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

can someone answer this, i would think just one solenoid is all you need with the proper splitting of the plumbimg since if you do that, the controller doesnt really think there is 2 wastegates.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (SPOOLINmatt)

sorry guys im new to the aem ems party, are you guys mentioning this item becuase it is cheaper than the aem selenoid or is it better in some way? sorry guys im just trying to understand the purpose of using a different seleniod than the aem one.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (blinx9900)

just cheaper

for 2 wg, just T the lines together... no need for 2 soleniods
Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (JDogg)

Just for reference... I run a Greddy Profec B (this is a spec 1 btw) and I use a perrin solenoid instead of the Greddy one (which **** the bed, not a big suprise). The perrin solenoid matches the specs of the Greddy from all the available information I can find and is working perfect (better actually imo).

I check the specs on the perrin solenoid and it matched the ones listed here... so if it works for a replacement solenoid and the specs seem to match from what I have found, I would asume the greddy solenoid could be used with the AEM. Although at the rediculous cost of the greddy I dont know why you would want to.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (92HB_HB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92HB_HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I tried to buy one of those MAC valves from a distributor, and they wouldn't sell one to me because I was an individual and not a business. The lady said it was due to liability reasons and because I was using it for my "car", what a bunch of crock. But, you can go out and buy a GUN and kill people, as long as you have $$ and aren't a felon..

So I ended up going with a GM Boost Solenoid instead.. I wasn't questioned as how what I was going to use it for, which was asked by the MAC distributor rep..</TD></TR></TABLE> Where I work, we have lots of solenoid valves in different type. all Mac valves. What is the part # or specs for the one we need? I can check if we have them. If we don't have them, I"m sure I can get that order through my work.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (JDogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just cheaper

</TD></TR></TABLE>

how much cheaper? also any other mods needed to use these other selenoids?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use this Humphrey solenoid with the AEM EMS? For boost control. (blinx9900)

How does the Greddy type-S solenoid compare to the AEM solenoid? I need the most accurate and responsive solenoid I can get,