Notices

Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE

WHATUP MAN
i gotta few questions
1st. do you have a rev hard or know someone that does? if so are they a good all around tc?
2nd. Did you have it professionally installed?
3rd. Are you havin any problems?
4th. If so^^ what were they and how did you fix them?
THANKS ALOT GUYS PLEASE LEAVE ME A GOOD REPLY IF YOUR IN A GOOD MOOD
thanks
Old 06-26-2003, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (masedogg)

1. yes, i have a rev hard 2c kit for my acura integra
2. no, i put it on myself
3. with the kit, some, with rev hard, many
4. fitment of the kit, turbo seals going out, downtime from rev hard (my car has been down more than it has been running, just becuase of waiting for parts)

F afterhourz, john owes me a 100 dollar check and is not responding to my emails.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mase dogg,

I like your name, so im gonna answer your question. You are new, so you dont know this, but most people will just say "do a search"

But, to answer your question, Rev hard is a decent kit, however, the fuel solution is not the best, I suggest getting bigger injectors and going w/ Hondata or another standalone fuel management system.

If you are mechanically inclined, and w/ the help of Honda-tech, you can install a turbo kit on your own.

I encourage you to do a search of rev hard and other turbo kits, you will find a lot of info on here.

Good Luck,
Mase
Old 06-27-2003, 08:32 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mase dogg,

I like your name, so im gonna answer your question. You are new, so you dont know this, but most people will just say "do a search"

But, to answer your question, Rev hard is a decent kit, however, the fuel solution is not the best, I suggest getting bigger injectors and going w/ Hondata or another standalone fuel management system.

If you are mechanically inclined, and w/ the help of Honda-tech, you can install a turbo kit on your own.

I encourage you to do a search of rev hard and other turbo kits, you will find a lot of info on here.

Good Luck,
Mase</TD></TR></TABLE>

masedogg,

I agree with mase, your name is cool. cause like it has mase in it. u know.

like mase1 said bigger injectors and hondata will really bring the potential out of a stock motor and revhard kit. Try searching, its fun!

goodluck,

mase mason
Old 06-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (turbospool)

Wow there are alot of Mase's in this thread.

Turbospool - I just ordered my RH 2C from afterhourz. Can you elaborate on the problems you had with the kit, fitment, missing parts, broken parts etc? Thx

Modified by Muckman at 2:15 PM 6/27/2003
Old 06-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (Muckman)

yes, please elaborate....I got my 2C kit and my flywheel from them.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (ReVtecSi)

i'm not mase
Old 06-27-2003, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (torr)

wuz up with all these 'Mase's now?
Old 06-27-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (DeepSi)

I orginally got a Turbonetics turbo, the oil seal went out and oil leaked everywhere. The oil return line was done right by the way. Since the 2c mmanifold makes hte compressor face the driver side, the piping they give me was too long by ONE FOOT. it also stood 2 inches from the floor much lower than the oil pan. One of the intercooler studs broke after a month. However, after getting all these bugs worked out, i got a new Precision turbo, new studs for my intercooler, and i cut the intercooler piping with a pipe cutter. Kits running good now. If you ever talk to Afterhourz again, PLEASE ask where is WILL's 100 dollar check. It took me ****** three months from the day i ordered it to receive all my parts, john promised me he would send me a 100 dollar check because of all the delay. Rev Hard customer service isnt the best, as they dont answer their phones often...but when they do, they'll take care of you. Talk to ryan if you have problems.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (DeepSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DeepSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wuz up with all these 'Mase's now? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I started a Cult, What can i say, Everyone loves me. HA

- Ma$e Murder
Old 06-27-2003, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (Mase)

I have the 2C kit, I had to take out the ac even though they said it would fit, had to grind the blocka bit, IC pipes do hang low, but fit, and the charge pipe sits very high, not sure why they didnt add another bend. The quality is good though, and I had great luck with afterhourz.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (VanHonda)

HAS ANYONE GOT THERE TURBO PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED
? IF SO HAVE YOU HAD ANY PROBLEMS ? AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOUR TURBO? THANKS
MASEDOGG
Old 06-27-2003, 04:06 PM

I ordered some stuff from afterhourz and didn't have any problems, the package arrived sooner than expected.

I was originally going to get a revhard kit, its one of the only kits I would buy and you can usually get a great deal on them. Just be sure and listen to the mases, and get some kind of a standalone and bigger injectors.

I have heard you can buy the kits for less, without the fuel stuff (fmu, inline pump etc.) Put the money you save toward a standalone.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (b3435)

I have a rev hard in my 94 gsr. No problems, fitment was good. My car put out 246whp and 202tq at 7psi with hondata, rc 440, aem frp and fr. No problems with the kit.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (brryder)

afterhouz owes me money and they arnt answering my emails because they know what im asking for. screw john
Old 06-27-2003, 09:36 PM

I had mine professionally installed, paid $480 for it. Haven't had any real problems yet. I'm using the 90 degree elbow on the wastegate and both the bolts came loose, but that was any easy fix.
I recommend upgrading the oil return line though, that's one part that you don't want going out on you.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:25 AM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (2000GSRT)

recently installed my kit:

1st. do you have a rev hard or know someone that does? if so are they a good all around tc?
i have a revhard 2C kit. i am VERY happy with the performance.
2nd. Did you have it professionally installed?
nope. did it myself with the help of some friends. not too hard at all.
3rd. Are you havin any problems?
a. the oil return line they give you is junk. i bought a bulkhead for the oil pan and a fitting for the turbo and made my own. it's all 10AN stuff. also: wrap it up to protect it from the heat.
b. you also have to order a flange to have a dump tube made. order some fire ring gaskets (2) while your at it
c. the turbo to manifold, downpipe, and wastegate bolts all came loose. USE LOCTITE! i ran the car for a week with no flexpipe.. so that may have jarred all my stuff loose.
d. the fuel management is shady. But it gets you by until you can install hondata or something.
e. I had to cut a bit of block “webbing”. Not too bad. I got the cast manifold as opposed to the tubular one, so my compressor is on the passenger side. All my IC tubing fit perfect. My buddy (ryan autry) got the tubular manifold, putting his compressor on the driver’s side (same as TURBOSPOOL). He did not get the right IC piping either. The drivers side pipe that attaches to the IC almost drags the ground... it’s been a pain. Maybe revhard doesn’t have the IC piping for that set up??
f. the turbo heats the water in the radiator a grip when I run the AC during our 100+F days here in fresno. I can’t boost AT ALL with the ac on. Hell, even with no ac I still run a bit warm I may just ditch the AC anyway as it doesn’t work when I really want it to. I’m hoping after hondata, I won’t have as much of a problem, as I won’t be running so rich and retarded...? otherwise AC would be GONE!

All in all it was pretty easy to install.. Just working the bugs out took a couple weeks. If I did it all over again, the whole process would take half the time. keeping my AC, ABS, and power steering made instal a bit harder. MUCH less room to work with.

Good kit, but buy hondata and make your own oil return line.

I, too, had problems with Afterhourz. Both my oders had shipping problems. My car was down for a week and a half with no clutch after being told it would be here in three days. If what they told me was true, neither delays were their fault. I don’t know so I won’t talk bad on them. Let’s just say maybe they need better distributors.....? maybe they just need to not quote shipping E.T.A.s. Can’t argue with their prices, though, huh?
Old 06-28-2003, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (kaj)

tell ryan autry to use a pipe cutter and cut the intercooler piping on the driverside. thats what i did and its perfect now. once again, afterhourz
Old 06-29-2003, 12:15 PM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any one have a rev hard kit? IF SO CLICK HERE (turbospool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbospool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tell ryan autry to use a pipe cutter and cut the intercooler piping on the driverside. thats what i did and its perfect now. once again, afterhourz </TD></TR></TABLE>

he did.. but we think it may have been cut wrong. he's attempting to get some new piping from revhard. the worst part is on the driverside, where it attatches to the IC. it hangs down and scrapes the driveway.
too bad after you cut it the "lip" for the clamp is gone