Notices

For all using 3 bar MAP sensor or have knowledge of it, have a question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 10:09 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all using 3 bar MAP sensor or have knowledge of it, have a question

how did you run your vacuum source? I'm having trouble getting a answer about my set up. I purchased a thin billet piece kinda like a check valve, but really thin to take the place of my stock MAP sensor. It is threaded so you can put a fitting in it and run the vacuum for the 3 bar. I asked a few people(one being Doug @ Hondata) and they confirmed that it would work, but then was told that it would not read pressure(so it would not work)so I really don't want to just toss a $50 dollar piece away if I don't have to. If the stock MAP sensor is read/allow a car to run 10-12 PSI in it's current location, why would it not be able to read higher numbers with the 3 bar vacuum source in the stock sensor location? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Allen
Old 06-25-2002, 11:43 PM
New User

Default Re: For all using 3 bar MAP sensor or have knowledge of it, have a question (abraunb16)

sounds like you'll be just fine. Let us know how it turns out
Old 06-26-2002, 04:24 AM

Default Re: For all using 3 bar MAP sensor or have knowledge of it, have a question (abraunb16)

I did the same as you. I had a billit missing link, and I went to the hardware store a bought a thick peice of aluminum and made a replica of the missing link to put in place of the stock map sensor. I then taped a hole and put in a brass fitting. I mounted my 3 bar map sensor to the wall near my air filter ( only space I had left) and ran a vacum line. I then cut the original map sensor off and ran the wires to the 3 bar. It works perfect!
Old 06-26-2002, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you use a check valve in your vaccum line the 3 bar map will fail to see positive manifold pressure because the check valve will bleed it off, just tap the top of the throttle body for a vaccum source use a right angle if hood clearance is a problem. What I did was take my manifold off and tap it for 3 extra vaccum sources with brass vaccum nipples so I could have less clutter and no vaccum tees. Jason
Old 06-26-2002, 08:08 AM
New User

Default Re: For all using 3 bar MAP sensor or have knowledge of it, have a question (littlebluecrx)

I wouldn't say it's a check valve, it's very thin. If I were to judge it's size to something I'd say 2-2.5 dimes in hieght, so nothing to tall. I don't understand how it can bleed off pressure since it's a sold billet piece. The air would have no place to go except through the brass fitting into the 3 bar. If it is really going to cause a problem I definately need/want to know. Thanks Allen
Old 06-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you using a JRSC? Or some other FI ?

Stock map sensor location wont see boost on a JRSC application, but turbo and vortech SC it will.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:07 PM

No....I think littlebluecrx mis read the post. What you have is fine. The aluminum peice you customized to fit like a billet missing link has no pin hole to bleed off pressure. Like I said I did the exact same thing. The peice I customized is about 1 inch tall. We drilled holes for the two screws and taped in a 90 degree brass fitting on the top and ran the vacum line to the 3 bar map sensor. As long as the surface that rest on the throttle body is flat then you will have no problems.
We'll good luck!
Old 06-26-2002, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For all using 3 bar MAP sensor or have knowledge of it, have a question (turbo Si)

Yep what you said is what I meant ,somewhere I thought he said he was using a missing link on a 3 bar kinda missing the point of seeing 29 pounds, If what I type does not make sense ignore it most of my friends do when I speak, hehe, Jason