Notices

Jrsc mpg

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jrsc mpg

I'm interested in buying a JRSC from a friend of mine and installing it on my sohc powered civic. I drive alot, 26k miles per year so fuel economy is important to me. I'm under the impression that the JRSC has a bypass valve so the intake manifold is not pressurized under light throttle, so MPG is not adversely impacted while cruising. Can anyone share their MPG before and after the JRSC install?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jrsc mpg

Originally Posted by Boosthead
I'm interested in buying a JRSC from a friend of mine and installing it on my sohc powered civic. I drive alot, 26k miles per year so fuel economy is important to me. I'm under the impression that the JRSC has a bypass valve so the intake manifold is not pressurized under light throttle, so MPG is not adversely impacted while cruising. Can anyone share their MPG before and after the JRSC install?
Your right under light throttle you wont have boost and milage should stay the same for most part. Tuning of course makes all the difference. You won't be disappointed with milage. I have large injectors too and still mpg is not bad.