Notices

AFC Hack w/ check valves worked fine, Now wont start with 3 bar map???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFC Hack w/ check valves worked fine. Now wont start w/ 3 bar map. Crap, please help!!!

Got the AFC hack, was working fine w/ the ghetto *** check valves (bleeder valves). Got a 3 bar map sensor in the mail the other day and wanted to go ahead and install it cause I heard my set up should run lil better w/ it. I think I've got everything right with my install except for I might be leaving out a step cause when I turn the key over It crackes up and then shuts right off.

Sombody said somthing about might have to switch the in/out settings or somthing. right now its at 6in / 6out. Is that true?

I got an adapter coming of the throttle body, w/ a hose that goes to the 3 bar map. Wired; A = ground, green/white B = sensor, white C = 5v. white/red

Old 09-01-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: AFC Hack w/ check valves worked fine. Now wont start w/ 3 bar map. Crap, please help!!! (acuragt

Let the flames burn baby.......

AFC Hack with 3-Bar map..you crazy son.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: AFC Hack w/ check valves worked fine. Now wont start w/ 3 bar map. Crap, please help!!! (acuragt

you cant use the hack with a 3bar map sensor... when will people stop half assing fuel management.....
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You used the AFC hack with check valves?? Interesting considering the AFC-hack needs MAP pressure to add fuel
Old 09-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

put down the afc and step away from the car immediately
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 AM

you're not suppose to use the AFC with checkvalves/missing links.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:22 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put down the afc and step away from the car immediately</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-01-2005, 08:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put down the afc and step away from the car immediately</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL nice...

Yeah I'm bout to get ride of the AFC completly. Just got the new hondata s300, but though I could go a head n put in the gm 3 bar map while i wait to have it installed. Ayways there is a few guys that have been working at the afc / 3 bar map combo... They are sayin turn the in out to 14 in and 15 out. Then cut the fuel curve to 0.... Tried it out and ideals pretty good. IDk...

as far as the check valves go.... How am I supposed to not use them? When I took the check valves out. My car wont ideal right, and kinda bogs down during acceleration.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acuragtr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL nice...

Yeah I'm bout to get ride of the AFC completly. Just got the new hondata s300, but though I could go a head n put in the gm 3 bar map while i wait to have it installed. Ayways there is a few guys that have been working at the afc / 3 bar map combo... They are sayin turn the in out to 14 in and 15 out. Then cut the fuel curve to 0.... Tried it out and ideals pretty good. IDk...

as far as the check valves go.... How am I supposed to not use them? When I took the check valves out. My car wont ideal right, and kinda bogs down during acceleration. </TD></TR></TABLE>

AFC hack doesnt work with check valves. its not needed. becasue it trims fo much fuel ( by takin out voltage from seen at the ecu from the map sensor) that it doesnt exceed the threshold that will set of a check engine light.

the 3 bar will not work becuase it gives out diffrent voltage values than a 1.5 bar map sensor ..

say 4 psi the stock map sensor gives out 3.8 volts ( theoretical)
with the 3 bar it may only give out 1.4 volts. the ecu doesnt know how to interpret this and gives out the wrong amount of fuel etcc. thus car doesnt run too well.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can use the 3bar with the stock ecu with the afc. You just need to set the in and out correctly. But why the hell would you do it.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Mmmm since all I have in there right now is the hack. and I have to wait till next week to have hondata put in thought the 3 bar map would have been beter then stock. Am i wrong?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: (acuragtr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acuragtr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mmmm since all I have in there right now is the hack. and I have to wait till next week to have hondata put in thought the 3 bar map would have been beter then stock. Am i wrong?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, you are wrong.

Put the stock map sensor back in, and wait for hondata. It will save you time messing with crap and it will run much better. Just wait to turn up the boost.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:14 AM

aww okay.. well I planed on staying at now more then 9 lbs. anyways. So ya really think be better to just stay with stock... Every body agree? seems like might help if i say again what all i got. Drag set up but w/out fmu, S-afc, 450cc injectors, and walbro fuel pump. AFC settings w/ stock map sensor is -40 low to -35 h throttle pt. 25L 75 H, 6 in & 6 out. People on hondata are sayin 14 in 15 out, and zero across the board.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: (acuragtr)

with hondata you dont need the AFC

i guess setting the in and out correclty will enable you to use the hack..

to be honest with you. i once ran a 3bar with just 440CC injecotrs i had hondata but later foudn out whoever chipped my ecu didnt jump j1. so i was runnin just the 3 bar. i didnt know this until we were at the dyno and pulled a base run. it was lean as hell getting into boost but in boost it levelled out to 12.4 or something . but it was inconsistent ... plus it doenst protect me from timing issues. i woudlnt recommend it obviously.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:29 AM

I would without a doubt not run the 3bar if you are only going to boost 9 psi. It isn't worth it at all. stick to the stock map sensor and hondata. No need for afc, check valves or anything really. You could even get away with the stock fuel pump.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

I ran this hack stuff a long time ago... this is what is needed to run 9 psi ...

install stock map sensor with no check vavles... turn fuel pressure up to 55 or 60 psi... ... with 450 cc injectors.. now.. take the vafc and set it up.. take the fuel graphs .. bring them down to at least -35.. has to be here.. or lower... i tuned from -35 to -50.. using fuel pressure.... this still give you the fuel you need.. and some timing you dont need.. but will make the car run great compared to what you have on it now.. if your still lost.. PLEASE search VAFC HACK .... .there are 50 pages.. on it.. and how to's..

HANDS DOWN&gt;&gt;&gt; HONDATA is the best.... for you.... look up chrome ecu software too...
Old 09-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bahahahahaha i almost spit my food all over my monitor lol
Old 09-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: (havok hybrid)

I apreciate it bro.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM

LOL