Notices

afc hack still not working for me need help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afc hack still not working for me need help?

well once again I'm trying to get some help? this is what I got a t3/t4 turbo tial ext wastegate fm intercooler blitz bov 450cc dsm injectors fmu 12:1 field boxer afc-vtec conected in line to apex v-afc.
the way i'm running the 2 afc is the field is receiving the signal from map sensor and then trowing it to the apex so i got it to were the apex shows 000 at wot while at boost that way i can tune the apex starting from 0%, now the FMU I tried both way with or with out it and it still lean aout at around 5000 rpm the vtec has been pushed to 7000 rpm to see if that was the problem and also been set to 4800 rpm and still the same thing. i'm currently boosting about 8 lbs now the wastegate is missing the top bolt or what ever is called from what i know the person who i bougth it from took it out to get a bit of a higher boost so if i cover it back up will it decrese by boost or do i need to buy a smaller spring? by the way i got a stock fuel pump but do you guys thing that that is the problem becvause i would thing that the prelude vtec car come come equiped with a pretty high flowing fuel pump, but i'm not sure. the few times that i have tried to tune it, it drives fine there is no back fire, pinging, or anything it rides smoth picks up hell of fast but honce i hit 5000rpms it feel like the power leaves fast! and my "nice and accurate a/f gauge " shoes lean!
So if some one could tell me was up i would be relly happy.
thanx.

by the way I was thinking it migth b the fuel pump. if some is al least 90% sure that is it i'll change it. the reason why i don't do it rigth know is because i'm low in cash but if i really need it all borrow it from my lil girls piggy bank and replace the money later
Old 03-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (teamitr)

sounds like a mess man. Why are you running that old fuel managment setup? Get something like hondata, neptune, uberdatal, crome, etc. BTW did you say you are running 2 afc's???
Old 03-15-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (SOHC_MShue)

yeah i'm runnig 2 of them the field is to lower the map input and the afc is just used for the vtec and kind of a meter for the signal that the ecu is going to reseving to make sure its not reading any + signals cause i had the field just laying around so i just thougth of that
Old 03-15-2005, 11:27 PM

check your fuel pump and FILTER...i would check the filter first because its cheaper...my car was running SUPER lean while on the hack (i'm talking like 18:1) and i changed both the pump and filter and now i'm showing a perfect 12:1 (or close) across the RPM band. I changed both at the same time, so idk which was causing the lean condition, but i'm thinking it was the filter because the stock pump should be able to flow enough for 8psi...
Old 03-16-2005, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should go ahead and get rid of the Fields unit, just install the VAFC + 450's, and setup the VAFC per the many 'VAFC Hack' threads that exist here.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamitr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the few times that i have tried to tune it, it drives fine there is no back fire, pinging, or anything it rides smoth picks up hell of fast but honce i hit 5000rpms it feel like the power leaves fast! and my "nice and accurate a/f gauge " shoes lean!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

stop doing that or you'll have more problems on your hands...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should go ahead and get rid of the Fields unit, just install the VAFC + 450's, and setup the VAFC per the many 'VAFC Hack' threads that exist here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with this guy ^^^ Why complicate your setup with two piggyback units? Makes no sense...
Old 03-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (notoriousB)

why use the hack at all when there are so many better options out now? Just sell your 2 afc's and use the money for something better
Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (SOHC_MShue)

Stop wasting your time trying to get a shitty thing to work.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (MooreBoost)

man your making this way more complicated than it needs to be. ditch the fmu and just use the afc, that is if your set on the hack. but i would go with something like uberdata or something simmilar, this would be much better and more reliable. RULE #1 when bosting any car: DO NOT underestimate the need for GOOD tuning!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamitr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well once again I'm trying to get some help? this is what I got a t3/t4 turbo tial ext wastegate fm intercooler blitz bov 450cc dsm injectors fmu 12:1 field boxer afc-vtec conected in line to apex v-afc.
the way i'm running the 2 afc is the field is receiving the signal from map sensor and then trowing it to the apex so i got it to were the apex shows 000 at wot while at boost that way i can tune the apex starting from 0%, now the FMU I tried both way with or with out it and it still lean aout at around 5000 rpm the vtec has been pushed to 7000 rpm to see if that was the problem and also been set to 4800 rpm and still the same thing. i'm currently boosting about 8 lbs now the wastegate is missing the top bolt or what ever is called from what i know the person who i bougth it from took it out to get a bit of a higher boost so if i cover it back up will it decrese by boost or do i need to buy a smaller spring? by the way i got a stock fuel pump but do you guys thing that that is the problem becvause i would thing that the prelude vtec car come come equiped with a pretty high flowing fuel pump, but i'm not sure. the few times that i have tried to tune it, it drives fine there is no back fire, pinging, or anything it rides smoth picks up hell of fast but honce i hit 5000rpms it feel like the power leaves fast! and my "nice and accurate a/f gauge " shoes lean!
So if some one could tell me was up i would be relly happy.
thanx.

by the way I was thinking it migth b the fuel pump. if some is al least 90% sure that is it i'll change it. the reason why i don't do it rigth know is because i'm low in cash but if i really need it all borrow it from my lil girls piggy bank and replace the money later </TD></TR></TABLE>

that is not a hack but if you set it up right it will run awesome.

get a 255lph fuel pump, missing link and get rid of the feild controller. so in the end you should have a 255lph pump, vafc, missing link, 450's, and FMU.

if you run lean on that set up something is very wrong. and make sure you get it on a wideband to tune it or you will be in a deep money pit
Old 03-16-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (BoostR41)

Umm... Why would you need a missing link with a VAFC and 450's?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm... Why would you need a missing link with a VAFC and 450's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because you are using a FMU....that set up is good for a lot of boost if you have the internals to hold it
Old 03-16-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (BoostR41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because you are using a FMU....that set up is good for a lot of boost if you have the internals to hold it</TD></TR></TABLE>
You wouldn't want to run a 12:1 FMU with 450 cc injectors, that just doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamitr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">by the way i got a stock fuel pump but </TD></TR></TABLE>
That's your lean problem right there. Your stock fuel pump can not flow enough fuel at the fuel pressures imposed by your 12:1 FMU. You must use a high output pump with that FMU.

Anyway, ditch the FMU, ditch the field AFC, get 450 cc injectors to use with that VAFC, and either get a wideband O2 setup or take that car to a professional tuner. I also suggest you get something to pull timing for boost.

Better yet, ditch everything, get the 450 cc injectors, and run real programmable management, and get it tuned properly.

Where did you get the idea to use this hodge podge setup you are trying to run?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (sharkcohen)

why I ran a FMU with 450's and it was fine for over 2 years....even when I took the bottom end apart it was still perfect
Old 03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm... Why would you need a missing link with a VAFC and 450's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly...you only need one vafc and the injectors only. ditch the missing link and the FMU. the afc hack is a good way to run your odb0 car IMO. Mine ran perfect
Old 03-16-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (TrayDay2K1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrayDay2K1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly...you only need one vafc and the injectors only. ditch the missing link and the FMU. the afc hack is a good way to run your odb0 car IMO. Mine ran perfect</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok now your saying that ur car is obd0, or mine? because i think mine is a obd1.

well what i'm going to do is get a fuel pump and try that if not i'm just going to sell my afc's and get into getting a hondata,uberdata or something like that.

also know that i think about it before this i was using nos and one of the thing that i noticed in the field afc is that everytime i would floor at 4000 rpm i would see that the field would say "of" istead of showing me that i was adding 4% on the afc settings so do you guys think maybe my ecu is busted or something? just a thougth!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack still not working for me need help? (sharkcohen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sharkcohen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You wouldn't want to run a 12:1 FMU with 450 cc injectors, that just doesn't make any sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you can as long as you have the afc to scale down the 450's. Its an old school way of doing it apparantely..probably much better than the hack.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamitr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok now your saying that ur car is obd0, or mine? because i think mine is a obd1.

well what i'm going to do is get a fuel pump and try that if not i'm just going to sell my afc's and get into getting a hondata,uberdata or something like that. </TD></TR></TABLE>
it doesn't matter the hack works with obd0 and obd1. I would definintly recommend selling the afc's and getting something like uberdata.