Notices

afc/fmu setup ?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afc/fmu setup ?!?!?!

i dont know if this has been discussed but after researching for fuel management setups between the afc hack and fmu setups . i came across a few posts and like 1 or 2 threads about one that is an afc/fmu setup . i guess it is also known as the inline pro fuel setup . i couldnt find alot of information on this particular setup and would like to get some feedback about it . like what are the pros & cons ?! what is all needed to get this setup to work ?! all i know about this setup is that it uses 12:1 fmu, missing link, 440cc injectors, safc and fuel pump ( not sure whether to use an inline or intank for this setup ) . thanks for any replies .
Old 01-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: afc/fmu setup ?!?!?! (redxalien)

why not just run the afc hack, all you need is the afc, and 450 injectors.

platinum.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the afc hack was my intention at first . until i started to read some posts where people said an afc/fmu setup was more effective . so i thought id asked for some more info about this setup . please can anyone help me .
Old 01-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (redxalien)

can i ask something what is the afc hack? i'm new to the boosting scene.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ExcelcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExcelcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i ask something what is the afc hack? i'm new to the boosting scene.</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901

In using the AFC hack, you won't be using an FMU or missing link. In order to run the hack all you'll need is an Apex'i SAFC or VAFC, some larger injectors, and high volume 255 intank fuel pump. Using the AFC hack is a lot better then the FMU/missing link because the FMU puts pressure on injectors in order to provide the extra fuel needed for boost. Overtime time this will fatigue and overwork the injectors and is not really considered reliable if you intend to run higher boost. The AFC hack controls fuel by controlling the injectors itself. I hope that helps.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redxalien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is all needed to get this setup to work ?! all i know about this setup is that it uses 12:1 fmu, missing link, 440cc injectors, safc and fuel pump ( not sure whether to use an inline or intank for this setup )</TD></TR></TABLE>

With the FMU you want to use a "255 high pressure" inline fuel pump because the FMU relies on increased pressure on the injectors to provide the extra fuel to the motor..With the AFC hack you want to use a "255 high volume" intank fuel pump because you won't be needing increased fuel pressure to provide fuel, you'll just need an increase of the amount of fuel available for the injectors. By the way with a 12:1 FMU, you do not want to run 440cc injectors, you would want to run the stock injectors. But if you have your heart set on running 440cc injectors you'd want to run an 8:1 fmu, but someone please confirm if this is the right calibration to run with the 440s.

Khoi

Modified by Sohc Driver at 8:50 PM 1/13/2004
Old 01-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not really the answer i was looking for . butt i guess all i wanted to know is if an afc/fmu setup is basically a fmu setup while using the afc to fine tune it ?!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (redxalien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redxalien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not really the answer i was looking for . butt i guess all i wanted to know is if an afc/fmu setup is basically a fmu setup while using the afc to fine tune it ?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then why didn't you make the question clearer? I answered it how I interpreted, but to answer your question yes you can use an AFC to fine tune an FMU setup, but if your already going to invest in some injectors, running the hack would be a much better setup than the FMU. Plus it'll save you the cost of having to buy a missing link and a boost dependent FMU. Sorry for misinterpreting the intended question

Khoi