Notices

Need help with setup: Vortech FMU + DSM 450cc + Walbro 255lph

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with setup: Vortech FMU + DSM 450cc + Walbro 255lph

Hí...

I need some help with my fuel setup... Running a D15b2 with MPFI @ about 7-8 psi. The last test runs where with dsm 450cc's, stock fuel pressure regulator, Walbro 255lph and Uberdata PM6 Ecu with 450cc map... was just for testing and runs a little rich (or a little more )

Now I got a Vortech FMU and have some questions:

How to build a good setup with this components:

-Vortech FMU 12:1 or 8:1 ?
-DSM 450cc's
-Walbro 255lph intank
-PM6 Ecu (which map)

How to connect the Vortech to the fuel system...?
Is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator needet ?
Which Map to use with this setup, don't know if the uberdata map works togehter with the Vortech ?

Need your help
Thanks

Modified by Ed3ler at 8:01 PM 10/16/2004
Old 10-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't need the FMU with your setup. The FMU is for someone using stock injectors or larger injectors like yourself but pushing more power than is safe for the size. Those 440's should do fine at 8psi since i'm sure with the b2's rods you won't want to go any higher.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Need help with setup: Vortech FMU + DSM 450cc + Walbro 255lph (Ed3ler)

No need to be sorry about your english man, you use better punctuation than a lot of people on here where english is their first language

Like matt said, the FMU is not needed on this setup, it's just going to complicate things.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those 440's should do fine at 8psi since i'm sure with the b2's rods you won't want to go any higher.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe... yes the rods of the B2 are thin as hell, but next year my D16z2 will be ready to take his place

Sounds good that I don't need the FMU, one thing less, that could get brocken

Should an adjustable FPR be ok to get the engine more lean... have an old B&M, it should work with this setup...

Thanks, Florian
Old 10-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah the b&m should work
Old 10-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have Uberdata, you dont need the fmu, get rid of that thing. Im running 450's a 255hp pump, and Uberdata and my fuel press never goes above 60psi, and it ides fine with a mildly tuned basemap.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: (BB6-213)

throw in the afc hack, aems and a few other things! Keep the FMU! heck add two!
Old 10-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94goldjungsr)

keep the fmu, buy a missing link, keep the injectors and pump. grab a used AFC. that is my set up now and I can run 15psi daily on stock internals with only a thicker head gasket
Old 10-17-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: (BoostR41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep the fmu, buy a missing link, keep the injectors and pump. grab a used AFC. that is my set up now and I can run 15psi daily on stock internals with only a thicker head gasket</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you kidding? Uberdata is an infinitely better setup than running an FMU and the hack.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16coupe)

dude an FMU has absolutly nothing to do with the hack. in fact you run the missing link to stop the map from seeing boost. and you can make way more than 300whp on that set up by far. I am right around 300whp and my AF ratio is down in the 10:1 range
Old 10-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude an FMU has absolutly nothing to do with the hack. in fact you run the missing link to stop the map from seeing boost. and you can make way more than 300whp on that set up by far. I am right around 300whp and my AF ratio is down in the 10:1 range</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry, but you have NO CLUE how the stock fuel system works or you would never give that advice. 10:1 AF is tooo rich also. Uberdata lets you have much more control and it is much much safer.

For people giving shitty advice, if you don't know what your talking about don't say anything.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (toolowsol)

no **** it is too rich I don't have a BTM so I can't mess with the fuel anymore or it will start to mess with timing. my setting at 9k rpm is -13% on the injectors. at -25% it would be right about where it should be for a boosted motor and the 450's will handle a lot more HP with the FMU. talk to jinxproof, turbologist, or really anyone from the inline pro camp. stan got his car to run 10's on that set up and turbologist went 11.2 in a integra and all of them were street cars.

yes stand alone is better but don't say something doesn't work when YOU have no idea how this system works
Old 10-18-2004, 09:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude an FMU has absolutly nothing to do with the hack. in fact you run the missing link to stop the map from seeing boost. and you can make way more than 300whp on that set up by far. I am right around 300whp and my AF ratio is down in the 10:1 range</TD></TR></TABLE>

No ****, but HE HAS ******* UBERDATA. Why would he ditch a perfectly good piggyback system that can actually control timing for a crude method of fuel control. That's like giving up flying on a 747 and flying a ******* sopwith camel across the country, just because it's been done before. I ran my car with an FMU for like 5 months, so don't say that I don't have an idea how the system works when you don't even know me. On second thought, **** the internet. I'll hit you up with a telegraph, we can discuss this further.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no **** it is too rich I don't have a BTM so I can't mess with the fuel anymore or it will start to mess with timing. my setting at 9k rpm is -13% on the injectors. at -25% it would be right about where it should be for a boosted motor and the 450's will handle a lot more HP with the FMU. talk to jinxproof, turbologist, or really anyone from the inline pro camp. stan got his car to run 10's on that set up and turbologist went 11.2 in a integra and all of them were street cars.

yes stand alone is better but don't say something doesn't work when YOU have no idea how this system works </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know exactly how that system works, and I'll tell you right now it is udder crap. He already has uberdata, so why the hell would he get rid of that for that POS patchjob you call fuel management?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (toolowsol)

does uberdata have cars into 10's? and also you don't need burners and crap for this set up or the real understanding of a standalone to tune it.....if you don't have someone to tune the uberdata that knows the system don't bother using it
Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does uberdata have cars into 10's? and also you don't need burners and crap for this set up or the real understanding of a standalone to tune it.....if you don't have someone to tune the uberdata that knows the system don't bother using it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi...

From what I heard my setup isn't the worst

Burners and al the other electronic crap are no problem for me: Thats my job to create hardware like that But I'm very careful with any changes in the maps, mistakes are to expensive to handle

Has anybody good OBD0 PM6 Maps for a setup like this for learning and comparing ?

Within thanks for the info
Old 10-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ed3ler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ed3ler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hi...

From what I heard my setup isn't the worst

Burners and al the other electronic crap are no problem for me: Thats my job to create hardware like that But I'm very careful with any changes in the maps, mistakes are to expensive to handle

Has anybody good OBD0 PM6 Maps for a setup like this for learning and comparing ?

Within thanks for the info </TD></TR></TABLE>

pick up a good wideband and tune it if you have access to burners and such....if you are sticking with uberdata though I would go with bigger injectors for your power goals go 550's to 660's. precision makes awesome injectors and the prices are pretty good
Old 10-18-2004, 01:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does uberdata have cars into 10's? and also you don't need burners and crap for this set up or the real understanding of a standalone to tune it.....if you don't have someone to tune the uberdata that knows the system don't bother using it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do hondas have street cars in the 8's? Ok, lets all ditch our hondas and build third gen chevy camaros with 502's on nitrous. See where I'm going? Just because the FMU setup has put people into the 10's doesn't make it the best setup. Lets weigh them. Very broad, crude fuel addition and subtraction over a few RPM points, skyrocketing fuel pressure due to the FMU, very crude timing control through an MSD BTM, or no timing control at all. Compare that to much more precise fuel control with tons of load points, moderate fuel pressure levels with some bigger injectors that will idle and drive fine, and exact control over timing. It's a no brainer, and it isn't hard to use.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostR41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">pick up a good wideband and tune it if you have access to burners and such....if you are sticking with uberdata though I would go with bigger injectors for your power goals go 550's to 660's. precision makes awesome injectors and the prices are pretty good</TD></TR></TABLE>

550's to 660's for 7-8psi on a d15? Are you nuts? Why would he ditch his 450's which are more than enough for that power goal, then ditch his already chipped ecu and spend more money getting an afc only to have less control over his car than before?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

BoostR will soon be welcomed to the blown motor club for sure. FMU's suck compared to uberdata.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (folicor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by folicor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BoostR will soon be welcomed to the blown motor club for sure. FMU's suck compared to uberdata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

2years 90k miles and 1 bar daily on stock internals cupcake all I have is a thick head gasket