Notices

aem wideband gauge install quest.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re:

Woah, this thread is so confusing...LOL

For those who are trying to use the AEM UEGO's signal output, only the signal wire can be fed from the wideband analog output into the stock ECU primary O2 signal. The wideband will always read accurate AFR's despite the "mode" setting for the analog voltage output.

However, by doing so, you still cannot remove the factory O2 sensor if you are OBD-II... It will throw a heater circuit check engine light if you remove the stock o2 sensor completely. You can keep the stock O2 connected, but cut the signal wire from the O2 sensor harness; then have the AEM UEGO feedthe signal to the ECU and then tie the stock O2 sensor somewhere in the engine bay to act as a dummy (for the heater circuit).. Or you can tap the O2 heater signal from your secondary O2 sensor to keep the stock ECU happy so you can unplug the primary O2 sensor completely.

Or just weld on another damn O2 bung and keep all the stock sensors intact, and use the wideband for monitoring only...

Or just buy an AEM EMS, hook that wideband up and have a wideband capabable closed loop O2
Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aem wideband gauge install quest. (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No, it will output a simulated narrow band signal which is 0-1 volt for the stock ECU to read. The reading will still have wideband accuracy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Disagree. I've yet to see an AEM unit with wideband accuracy.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aem wideband gauge install quest. (Joseph Davis)

you my sir are a mean inividual 5th thread ive seen you haten on what people say in the past 30 mins.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aem wideband gauge install quest. (postman)

I'm not hating on anybody in this or most of those threads you have read, you mistake my intent completely. You see, a thread concerning how to hook up an AEM wideband is a complete disservice to everyone, as people stukmble upon the - this - thread and assume it is valid tech. The actual matter at hand is that the AEM wideband is a pile of ****, and it isn't fit to be wired into a trash can. No hate here, only the honest truth. People need to know this if they are going to buy a wideband. There's a thread where tony1 stated as much from a month ago, should be easy search fodder.

BTW, if I was being mean to anyone... they'd know.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aem wideband gauge install quest. (b16a4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16a4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so basically i can set the wideband to read 0-1V. and still get wideband reading on the guage?</TD></TR></TABLE>let me try to clearify for you.

the gauge is a wide band. however you have to choice of choosing its output for dataloging/simulated narrow band 02.

--------------------------------------------------

the gauge will read with wideband accuracy. no doubt about it. however, on the output signal wire, you can choose of the 2. the 0-5v if you have an ems that can take in wideband readings... or a 0-1v for a sim narrowband o2 reading(eliminating the need of your narrow band o2 sensor).
Old 02-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or just weld on another damn O2 bung and keep all the stock sensors intact, and use the wideband for monitoring only...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I'm doing. Keeping closed-loop for a little while and still trying to use the OEM O2 as the narrowband, and the AEM Uego as just a monitoring/datalogging unit. Then eventually open-loop tuned.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's the thread, toward the bottom:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2199424

Guess what sort of results you'll get from using the AEM UEGO as a monitoring/datalogging tool?