Old 02-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC

whats better
Old 02-17-2005, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (gtowni3)

AEM
Old 02-17-2005, 07:00 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (underpressure02)

I have nont seen many people use Power FC - Everyone who uses it seem to like EMS though
Old 02-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better for what??

really depends on what you want to do....

Old 02-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (B18CXr)

EMS is good lot more features power Fc is nice as well
Old 02-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EMS hands down. It allows you to manipulate EVERYTHING under the sun and more.

The Power FC can't even come close in comparison. But keep in mind... the unit is ONLY as good as its tuner.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (eLusive ek4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eLusive ek4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EMS is good lot more features power Fc is nice as well</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, the EMS has more features, but most people won't use any of them so they are only a potential source for failures.

The AEM EMS is built by GEMS and was designed to work with virtually all cars.
That's why you can set up virtually everything.

But that's the reason why i love the Power FC, it's Plug&Play and you only have to take care to set up the maps and correction tables.

If you don't have to control crazy things or want to use your own crankshaft sensors to control timing the Power FC can handle everything.

Both can do the same for you, i don't think you will ever miss any function from the EMS if you buy the PFC, so it only depends on the price you can get both for. And i think the PFC is like $300 cheaper.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (PrecisionH23a)

AEM EMS

what else is there?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EMS hands down. It allows you to manipulate EVERYTHING under the sun and more.

The Power FC can't even come close in comparison. But keep in mind... the unit is ONLY as good as its tuner.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True, but i buy parts by what i need, not what i could have.

I wonder that people always recommend parts whitout asking for the application.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:04 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (Andre)

I like both, really.. But I've found that I like the Power FC a bit more for many honda applications. A lot of people in the states don't use it much due to lack of understanding with the system, or because of the fact that there are so many other alternatives, that for its price, it's just not considered that much. I find that the more you overtake the pumping, the easier it is to stop up the drain. Sometimes its best NOT to have control over every feature under the sun, especially if you know you don't need it. I found that initial tuning was cake, easy to use, and could monitor everything w/o the need of a laptop..

But I do see why everyone is getting AEM EMS, especially with the newer released versions of software that are being utilized, and the fact that AEM now has courses available for the experienced to get more out of the system.

But as someone mentioned earlier, BETTER is a loaded word. The question should be which one is BETTER FOR YOU?.. Both have their competencies. You have to look at your availability, budget, and know how to use the system.

I'm kinda sick of these "WHICH SYSTEM IS BETTER" posts, because everyone is going to tell you their decision based upon their experiences. No one here can read minds, so if you tell us a bit more about your habits, knowledge, etc (Just don't make it a life story, please) I'm sure several people here can guide you along with YOUR NEEDS..
Old 02-17-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (TheShodan)

AEM EMS..
Old 02-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PowerFC --
Pros:Great for All-motor setups. Plug and play, good stock basemaps, no bulky laptop required, Real-time tuning, Commander Pad is small and easy to use. NO cranking/startup problems.

Cons: No Datalogging, sucks for boost (need to purchase boost option or wire-up your own 3-bar map sensor), need to purchase datalogit or go to an authorized dealer if you want full control and access all the features of PowerFC, no extra drivers available, no launch control, tech support is almost non-existent

AEM EMS --
Pros: Great for all setups. Plug and play. Basemaps available, Datalogging, "click and choose" different map sensors, wideband O2 feedback, extra drivers available, many extra features, different tuning options available, Real-time tuning, good tech support.

Cons: Cranking/Cold-start problems (just take a look at the AEM discussion forum and you'll see what I mean), laptop required, a bitch to mount the big-a$$ AEM casing, takes some time to get used to the tuning software and features.

I personally prefer AEM
Old 02-17-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: AEM Ems or Apexi Power FC (green_GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by green_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AEM EMS --
Cons: Cranking/Cold-start problems (just take a look at the AEM discussion forum and you'll see what I mean),

I personally prefer AEM </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was able to fix this by adding or removing some of the fuel from/to the cranking injection table.. If you press on the gas a little and it starts right up you need to remove fuel and if pressing a little makes it worse you need to add some..