Notices

ACT Street Disc Vs Organic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACT Street Disc Vs Organic?

Just curious what is the difference between the ACT Street Disc and Organic Disk?

What would be best with a turbocharged vehicle?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:43 PM

Default Re: ACT Street Disc Vs Organic? (hatchback)

I think there the same disc? When I ordered mine, I got the "Xtreme pressure plate" and the "organic street disc". Either way, it holds super good and has a smooth engagement. Definitly the best clutch setup I have used to date...
Old 07-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The ACT performance street disc and hybrid(modified) street disc can take the heat a little better than just the regular one.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious what is the difference between the ACT Street Disc and Organic Disk?

What would be best with a turbocharged vehicle?</TD></TR></TABLE>The "SS" in the kit number or "S" sufix (such as HSD015S) in the disc part number designates a performance organic disc. The only difference currently is in the linings and the marcel travel. The performance linings are steel backed for strength, high copper content for heat dissapation, and have a good friciton material for a balance of coefficient of friction, wear, smooth engagement, and durability. We no longer offer stock replacement organic discs because of too many problems with durability.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACT Street Disc Vs Organic? (ACTman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ACTman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The "SS" in the kit number or "S" sufix (such as HSD015S) in the disc part number designates a performance organic disc. The only difference currently is in the linings and the marcel travel. The performance linings are steel backed for strength, high copper content for heat dissapation, and have a good friciton material for a balance of coefficient of friction, wear, smooth engagement, and durability. We no longer offer stock replacement organic discs because of too many problems with durability.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since you are here, Why does my Act clutch rattle so much at idle? Is this normal...I read the ACT site about this issue in Q&A but I'm not quite buying it..
Old 07-09-2003, 07:42 AM

Default Re: ACT Street Disc Vs Organic? (MiraiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiraiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since you are here, Why does my Act clutch rattle so much at idle? Is this normal...I read the ACT site about this issue in Q&A but I'm not quite buying it..</TD></TR></TABLE>If it is a puck disc then it's normal. That is part of the trade off for running a solid center disc. Springs will quiet it down but it makes the disc heavier (slower shifting) and more troublesome.