Notices

96 Turbo Ls about to go LS/Vtec Turbo, questions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 04:21 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Turbo Ls about to go LS/Vtec Turbo, questions....

Hey whats up,
I just recently re-built my block with je pistons, eagle rods, etc... for a turbo setup but i have always had problems with my idle and electric. A Friend of mine had a 96 GSR (A replica of my car besides mine was a SE Auto and his is a gsr). It is the same color on the inside and out. And i am going to buy it off his hands from the lot it is sitting in now for 1,700. It has no front end damage, it was hit in the rear and everything from the bumper up is still perfect.
What i was looking to do is take almost every single thing out of that car that i can and have some one put it all into my car. Of Coarse the main reason of the whole thing now is to take his tranny and the Head off and make a ls/vtec setup in my car. I currently have a rebuilt gsr tranny in my car, but believe me when i say this my car is infamous for having the wierdest problems and tons of them. It is recently rebuilt but i am just going to swap it all out.
Now my question is how much is this all going to cost me in labor... My idle is crazy and every sensor on my car could be changed so i want everything to come out of that car and go into mine. Im really not sure how much labor acually goes into the whole swap but i know a place around here that knows there ****, they have a 12 second all motor hatch with an ls/vtec which is the guys that will be workin on my car. I just want to see what all of you say is a fair price for the labor of the ls/vtec swap, re-wire everything, and swap the trannys off the block which would have to come off anyway.

Another question is after i do this swap on the built bottom end what power will i be making and what boost could i run before hondata with my 310's with a walbro 255 fuel pump and votech fmu with a 9:1 disc than what power will i be making after hondata with 550s. My goal is to get to 300 whp if it happens with the ls/vtec turbo before hondata thats great but all of you out there that know all about this let me know what im getting into and how will it turn out. And i know it WILL be dont right if it is done, they are very credible mechanics and all of their cars prove it. I dont know if any of you heard of them but its East Coast Motorsports. Two of the guys have a garage they just do work out of. Any info will help, let me know! thanks!
Old 01-15-2003, 08:44 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 96 Turbo Ls about to go LS/Vtec Turbo, questions.... (chuckd05)

anyone out there ls/vtec turbo, or know anything about how they are...?