Notices

4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!!

ok so i just got my car running, b16 with gt35r turbo and topmount. i have the charge piping disconected on the cold air side because i have to get my bov welded up. i have a golden eagle intake manifold and with a hondata plastic gasket. the car runs and drive perfect but is idling at 4k rpm. my boost gauge is pegged at -736 bar (as far down as it can go) vaccum still goes to 0 when i push the throttle. i have looked everything over multiple times as well as had people look at it and nobody can seem to see a reason for the high idle. i have a golden eagle vaccum manifold the is hooked to my brake booster vaccum line and have my fpr, wastegate, boostgauge, and intake manifold vaccum hooked up to it. The fuel pressure is set at 40 right now. it has an obd1 jumper and is running a P28 with a type r base map. i removed the 1000cc injectors and with the resistor box still wired up I put obd0 b16 injectors in it so i could drive it to get tunned. does anyone have any segestions on what it could be?
Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!! (ProjectBoosted)

What throttle body are you running? How tight are you making your throttle cable. ill put money on it your throttle cable is to tight or idle screw is WAY out on the new TB if you running one or is missing if running stock TB

throttle cable shouldnt be tight, it should have give to it abotu 1/2 inch up and down
Old 07-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does it still have the IACV??
Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!! (haydenpothoven)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What throttle body are you running? How tight are you making your throttle cable. ill put money on it your throttle cable is to tight or idle screw is WAY out on the new TB if you running one or is missing if running stock TB
throttle cable shouldnt be tight, it should have give to it abotu 1/2 inch up and down</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am running a bbk 70mm TB seem like it is closing all the way I try to adjust the th cable and or the screw.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by haydenpothoven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does it still have the IACV??</TD></TR></TABLE>

is that the thing on the back of the intake manifold that has a black round piece on it? if so then yes it is on there, along with the white sensor the is held on by 2 screws.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check the throttle cable.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!! (herecomesboost)

the throtle cable is loose and still the same thing. it tried to adjust the stopper screw but i bought the tb used so it is set the same and came off a running car.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

will it make a diffrence if i hook the charge piping up?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBoosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will it make a diffrence if i hook the charge piping up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It shouldnt make a difference

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBoosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the throtle cable is loose and still the same thing. it tried to adjust the stopper screw but i bought the tb used so it is set the same and came off a running car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because it worked on that car doesnt mean it will work on yours properly.

What engine managment or is it stock computer? get the car running and spray all vacuum lines and th eintake gasket area with carb cleaner or brake cleaner. if it revs up you have a vacuum leak
Old 07-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check your pcv line its probly cracked or not on.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FaceTuned)

i am running a p28 chipped with chrome

also i do not have pcv line as i installed a moroso breather kit. i blocked off the block where the line from the top of the box went into the block.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ProjectBoosted)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBoosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am running a p28 chipped with chrome

also i do not have pcv line as i installed a moroso breather kit. i blocked off the block where the line from the top of the box went into the block. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so what did you do with the line that goes to the intake manifold?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (haydenpothoven)

i am running a golden eagle intake manifold so i just never drilled a hole for one

Thank you guys for all your help please keep the ideas coming. thanks!!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK, I got the idle down to 1500 cold idle and about 2500 warm idle.
I have the coolant lines for the turbo Tee'd off from the water line on the throttle body, would that make a difference? also i have adjusted the set screw on the throttle body all the way out and the throttle cable has at least 1/2 in play.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBoosted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, I got the idle down to 1500 cold idle and about 2500 warm idle.
I have the coolant lines for the turbo Tee'd off from the water line on the throttle body, would that make a difference? also i have adjusted the set screw on the throttle body all the way out and the throttle cable has at least 1/2 in play. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no that shouldnt make any difference, have you thought about taking off the IACV and cleaning it with brakeclean? also i think it is something to do with the IACV settings in the ecu...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!! (haydenpothoven)

hey maybe i can help...i have a b18c1 just built just over a hundred miles on it with a gt35r...and top mount...i have the iacv code being throwing and i took out that sensor and it was bad but that was not the problem...i let my buddy borrow my 72mm BDL throttle body so he could get it tuned at INTEC RACING in Seattle...they said that my throttle body was sticking and is defective cuz it was missing an internal screw and i just got it back and my idle fluctuates and the idle changes everytime...if your car is idling that high check the back of your manifold for any major vaccum leaks...i had the problem still didnt fix it...so i have to get my BDL throttle body warrantied
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!! (IntegraGSR-Turbo)

To check the TB or IM for a vacuum leak in this situation:

Place your hand over 70mm TB inlet, starve it 100%. If I dies, its just air bypassing the butterfly, and your TB (or IACV/FITV) needs adjusting. If it slows down a little but still runs, its something after the TB. Get some starter fluid or CO2 in a can and squirt it around various places there could be a leak. If it changes idle speed at any point, thats a leaky spot.

The FITV and IACV use the same hole in the TB for air, block it off and see if thats it. If it is, unbolt the IACV and plug the holes...then decide what to do from there.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4k idle PLEASE HELP!!!! (HiProfile)

ok i will try that tonight when i get home thanks!