***High-Performance Cooling System***

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: ***High-Performance Cooling System***

This is what I'm running from GoAutoworks. Never had an issue.
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hussain-vtec
That is Good news you lose 18F Degrees just by changing the fan, Congrats.

One test you can do is do a Wot third gear pull for N/A and forth gear pull for F/I and keep your eyes one ECT Temp datalog then let us no the ECT's Temps and don't forget the crusing Temps as well, Before you remove front plate and after you remove it.

The catch here is we need to find things that help ECT to be Cooled down.

And what is your A/F ratio at idle and crusing and @ wot as well consult your Tuner about it and ask he's advice.

Check your Radiator Cap Pressure Rating.
Read the (Radiator Cap Holds Very Important Role In Your Car) for your reference.

Q.what ecu you are running?
I'll answer what I can...I'm at work

I have a 95 integra gsr that is turbocharged
The ecu is P72 with s300
When I had my night run with the old fan and my front plate offset to te passenger side the temps where high as decribed above. Last night I did the same run and the temps were at 208-212 and this was with my license plate removed. I won't be able to go WOT until my car is tuned next week, but I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea u got something else going on there
Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 PM
The Grumpiest

I've read quite a few times where overheating issues were solved by mounting the fan on the opposite side of the rad and wiring it to be a pusher instead of a puller.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:29 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

im not overheating i just want to get temps to be below 200. remember i live in Texas where its hot all year round. if i can get to the temp i would like, i would imagine it can help just about anyone out there.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
The Grumpiest

Understood. Doesn't hurt to try it out. The thinking being that if this solves overheating problems, it might help lower temps as well.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

I hear yeah dawg but I'm unsure if having the fan on the other side would seriously resolve my personal goal. I'm seriously thinking about draining my fluid and using the Honda radiator over this universal prestone fluid. But I'll update this post when I get home.

update:
did some more cruising around the block/city at night again. outside temps were around 82-84 ECT at 202 and solid a/f from 13.7-15.9 thats my range cruising and 14.7-14.9 at idle. please remember my car is tuned for my low compression setup but not my turbo setup so i must stay out of pressure. my tuner did setup my map to see boost if i enter it on accident. another thing im adding is a DEI turbo blanket that should be here by Saturday...hopefully. once i get this from the mail and installed ill be doing another test and checking out the results from that.

stay tunded...
hopefully all of these items will help if Texas reaches the 116 degrees again

Last edited by justYncredible; 06-20-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

hussian-vtec:
the cooling fan fuse is the only thing i changed from a 20A to a 30A fuse. is there is anything else i need to do? this fan is really quiet, i would expect it to be loud since it has a higher CFM rating. after doing more research ive notice this fan brand is most popular in the old domestic aka american car world
Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justYncredible
hussian-vtec:
the cooling fan fuse is the only thing i changed from a 20A to a 30A fuse. is there is anything else i need to do? this fan is really quiet, i would expect it to be loud since it has a higher CFM rating. after doing more research ive notice this fan brand is most popular in the old domestic aka american car world
No you don't have to, if you have the pdf file for the perma-cool just see page 17 wiring systems & accessories all wiring for the single fan are 15amp's max Rating.

http://www.perma-cool.com/catalog.pdf

But if you think there is something wrong try drawing made by ahobbs in this thread below and read the whole thread its useful and Good to read.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2371027&page=4
Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cole D
Wow, I'm surprised no one has posted anything about the benefits of a tucked radiator?I have a ramhorn manifold and a turbo with water lines my radiator has a hard time keeping up in the summer. I currently have a koyo radiator w/shroud and 13in spal fan but thinking about getting rid of that in flavor of all in fab tucked radiator combo.
I'll gather info about the tucked rad, thanks for your request.

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
This is what I'm running from GoAutoworks. Never had an issue.
Nice rad & shroud any datalog details setups aria temps that well help us allot
and thank you Grumblemarc.

I hear yeah dawg but I'm unsure if having the fan on the other side would seriously resolve my personal goal. I'm seriously thinking about draining my fluid and using the Honda radiator over this universal prestone fluid. But I'll update this post when I get home.

update:
did some more cruising around the block/city at night again. outside temps were around 82-84 ECT at 202 and solid a/f from 13.7-15.9 thats my range cruising and 14.7-14.9 at idle. please remember my car is tuned for my low compression setup but not my turbo setup so i must stay out of pressure. my tuner did setup my map to see boost if i enter it on accident. another thing im adding is a DEI turbo blanket that should be here by Saturday...hopefully. once i get this from the mail and installed ill be doing another test and checking out the results from that.

stay tunded...
hopefully all of these items will help if Texas reaches the 116 degrees again
Thank you for the info, I think you will achieve your goal Soon.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Right...
I think I jump the gun and made a mistake. I'm more confused now than I was 12 hours ago. I thought I needed a 30A fuse and your saying a 15A? That's less than stock, and now I'm seeing a relay as well...
I'm usually a grouch in the morning and now I'm just pissed off...
Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Right...
I think I jump the gun and made a mistake. I'm more confused now than I was 12 hours ago. I thought I needed a 30A fuse and your saying a 15A? That's less than stock, and now I'm seeing a relay as well...
I'm usually a grouch in the morning and now I'm just pissed off...
No need to be pissed off, your on the right track all what you did is perfect.
all parma-cool Electric fan as mentions before need a 30a fuse for start up protection.

You said that the fan is quit and that's why i mention this to let you no that you don't have to change a thing OEM wiring and relay is Just fine only you have to change the fuse from 20a to 30a and you did, there is nothing you can do to make it louder dawg, you cant fix 15a fuse because off the oem wiring there are things related to the wiring thickness Gage rating.

As for 15 Ampere wiring kit Rating in perma-cool catalog they mean the wire amp not the fuse amp and you should run a 30A fuse in there too.

Take a look @ the Red color Font's
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, I'm surprised no one has posted anything about the benefits of a tucked radiator?I have a ramhorn manifold and a turbo with water lines my radiator has a hard time keeping up in the summer. I currently have a koyo radiator w/shroud and 13in spal fan but thinking about getting rid of that in flavor of all in fab tucked radiator combo.
This link for a start here you go.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/welding-fabrication-53/radiator-mods-2714360/
Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Hussian-vtec
Word is bond
I'll keep you posted
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I remember that thread but it is impossible to get one right now from allinfab. He's swapped with custom parts. I emailed him about a month ago about buying a tucked radiator and he never responded. He does post on facebook from time to time. I was looking for someone who actually uses a allinfab radiator? The more I see it the more I like it, you can even order a tucked radiator intercooler combo from allinfab but be prepared to wait. I'm actually surprised no one else is copying his design.

Last edited by Cole D; 06-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I remember that thread but it is impossible to get one right now from allinfab. He's swapped with custom parts. I emailed him about a month ago about buying a tucked radiator and he never responded. He does post on facebook from time to time. I was looking for someone who actually uses a allinfab radiator? The more I see it the more I like it, you can even order a tucked radiator intercooler combo from allinfab but be prepared to wait. I actually surprised no one else is copying his design.
Oh i see, but why don't you get chasebays tucked rad.

http://www.chasebays.com/product/hon...minum-radiator
Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hussian-vtec
Word is bond
I'll keep you posted
Agree, I am waiting your updates bro.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh i see, but why don't you get chasebays tucked rad.

http://www.chasebays.com/product/hon...minum-radiator
The number reason why I won't buy a chasebay is because allinfab used to make them for chasebay and they copied his design and start selling them. I'm willing to wait he posted on facebook that his website will be up soon and he'll be able to take more orders so I'm waiting.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be all over the tucked radiator if there wasn't all of the horseshit that goes with it, figure $600-$1000 by the time you have it in the car.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The number reason why I won't buy a chasebay is because allinfab used to make them for chasebay and they copied his design and start selling them. I'm willing to wait he posted on facebook that his website will be up soon and he'll be able to take more orders so I'm waiting.
Okay, why do you wait meanwhile you can fabricated by your self or any decent fabricator shops as you like it to be, just get your self a rad core.
In that case it will be cheaper and you can save some cash.

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
I'd be all over the tucked radiator if there wasn't all of the horseshit that goes with it, figure $600-$1000 by the time you have it in the car.
Yes exactly.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=hussain-vtec;47522185]Okay, why do you wait meanwhile you can fabricated by your self or any decent fabricator shops as you like it to be, just get your self a rad core.
In that case it will be cheaper and you can save some cash.

I wish that was the case most fabrication shop in my area charge $85hr for aluminum welding but I'm taking your advice and looking for something similar. I figure I'll have $600-$800 tied up in it depending on the fitting I decide to use.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish that was the case most fabrication shop in my area charge $85hr for aluminum welding but I'm taking your advice and looking for something similar. I figure I'll have $600-$800 tied up in it depending on the fitting I decide to use.
wise thinking, i will see what can i do to help you i'll search for the cores and fitting caps and all...
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I recall, the vw socricco radiator is a close for for a tucked radiator with minimal modification needed.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
From what I recall, the vw socricco radiator is a close for for a tucked radiator with minimal modification needed.
This. No need for all the an stuff on most cars.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

a tucked radiator sounds nice, but im unsure if this would clear my wastegate...mine is some what huge lol

Quick Reply: ***High-Performance Cooling System***