***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Transpo, selling the car to move out of your moms basement or pay off debts?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FST GSR1
Funnier then a 36 yr old bracket racer in a gutted SOHC that cant afford to pay his engine guy the 200$ he owes him?
Are you bipolar? You might want to check into that..They make medicine for that you know.
Originally Posted by FST GSR1
bwahaha, you guys are killing me!!!

that's the only usefull things transpo does, saying things we can laugh about. the rest you can blatently consider as nonsense
Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ricer no 7
I would get a equal flow distribution block. I had a distribution block like that with a T fitting and I melted two valves because one cylinder flowed to much nitrous went lean on the dyno and then KO.

So LoneAutosport just get a equal flow distribution block and don't buy that set up. Actually read this whole thread and you will see why.

ricer, i never wanted to see i told you so, but i did tell you . sorry to see you learned it the hard way, upside is that you can warn others

once again...

take a good look at this film and see the non-equal nitrous distribution (if you can see with your bare eyes it's means it's pretty bad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIMxLGqteI

noswizard did a few videodocumented tests that showed excactly the same problems but easyier to see
Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Transpoquick
Old Fart?, I'm 36. I posted time slips of my results, 98% of the performance claims on this sight are not backed by anything real.
Low 12's are good times for a Z6 on nitrous.
Anyone want to buy my my car?, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT.
shameless post!, maybe not the fastest car on this site but it's definetly the cleanest!
i to posted my timeslips to, how special

low 12's are nice for a stockish n2o z6 in a daily driver on slicks...

twelves in a gutted 'racecar' on slicks and spray is to about, no matter wich engine.

Now wait a second, you stated earlier that your looking to spray your DD w/ a 75 shot and then work your way up too a 100 shot.
You know that the ptw clearance for those shots is around .0035(that's thirty-five ten thousandths or three and a half thousandths). Hopefully you also know that your motor will run like crap with that ptw when your not spraying, that said, I'm assuming you are ok w/ having a daily driver that runs like poo(I'm keeping this PG so the **** moderators don't delete it) untill you "flip a switch" to change maps so you can spray "every once in awhile".

Thats just my opinion, now go find a switch that changes your piston to wall clearance because I know you are looking for reliability too.
what is your fetish about a bit of ptw and drivability?
enough people running all motor daily driven cars with forged slugs that run those ptw's. they don't drive like poo, they just slap a bit at cold starts

i run a 150shot daily driven on pump, my mate runs a 75shot daily driven on pump, so do a lot of people. me and my mate have absolutely no negative side-effects when running NA (both running 194ish whp). it's called management and proper tuning, items you probably don't recognize seeing your slow 'race' setup.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lone, look into a wilson block.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I drove around for 2 years with a high compression "100 shot" Ls Integra.Drove it 70miles to work and back every day and everywhere else I had to go.Never had a single problem it was honestly the most reliable car I've ever owned.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K20egcw
A dry kit is also a lot more reliable/safe since your only relying on 1 solenoid opening, not 2. If your nitrous system relies on both solenoids and the fuel fails, its going to lean out and not be good. If your dry and tune with the injectors you only have to worry about your nitrous solenoid opening, if it doesnt then you will know right away and can shut it down preventing your motor for damaging.

clap...clap...clap...

thank you sir for the support, i've been trying to tell people this for ages!

if you want to keep as safe/reliable as possible, you have eliminate possible failures!

possible failures
wet setup spraying dangers:
- fuel solenoid fails or a line get's clogged = BOOMMM
- fuel side loose connection or defective relais = BOOMMM
- your regular fuel injector fails = BOOMMM
- some sort of fuel cut (revlimiter, etc.) = BOOMMM
- fuel pump goes out slowly= BOOMMM
- nitrous solenoid fails or a line get's clogged = running rich and loosing power, rings will fail eventually

dry setup trough the injectors spraying dangers:
- your regular fuel injectors fails = no fuel means no combustion so no boom
- some sort of fuel cut (revlimiter, etc.) = no fuel means no combustion so no boom
- fuel pump goes out slowly= BOOMMM, live with it, riskfree is a illusion
- nitrous solenoid fails or a line get's clogged = running rich and loosing power, rings will fail eventually

on a correct dry setup there are so much less things that can go wrong!!!

not to mention the far easier tuning!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2CAMSVTEC
seems that your the guy to go for real answers... well heres my question sir:
my set up is simple:
b18b1 81.5 bore (stock sleeves)
arias pistons 11.5 comp
eagle rods
b16 head light ported and polished
supertech spring and retainers
skunk2 pro 3's cams (i know they are too big but thats what i had laying around)
rc 310's injectors
walboro 255 fuel pump
hondata s300
b16 tranny with a quaife lsd

is for a full race car

i want to go with nitrous i have a nx wet system single fogger, i was thinking get a direct port system and use the single fogger on the tube,
activate the direct port with a full throttle switch and a manual switch for the second stage ...
im thinking 100 on the direct port and 60 on the intake tube... or even a bigger shot, whatever makes it goes faster .
my questions are:
is this the right way to do it?? the 2 stages?
how big of a shots would you think my motor can handle (with proper dyno tune)??
do i need to upgrade my ignition for this set up?
thx any help/input will help
the only thing i'm dodgy about is the HUGE cams on the little 1.8...
i also am not known with the specs of the ringland thickness and material of the arias slugs. no doubt they are strong enough to hold the 160shot provided the PTW's are in check for the added heat

as you probably know you'll never see me advicing a wet single fogger as i'm not convinced on the mixing properties. also on the wet direct port, get a good dist block and read trough this thread on advice for line length/material, ratio between nitrous/fuel lines, etc, etc...
or save yourself a headache, get some 1000cc ID's, go dry and spray as many stages as you want without the hassle/risk.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by FST GSR 1
You guys are un-beliveable. Too f%$Kin' stupid to build anything with more than 4 cylinders, ignorant enough to belive your rice powered shitboxes make power.
Live in my moms basement?, where do you come up with this?, you know you can't argue about cars w/ me so you gotta sink to personal comments, like I said in my last pm, you are the biggest dork in this thread, next to the douchebag from the third world country who has to build Das' honduhs because nothing else is available. Hes says Nitrous is hard to find and expensive yet he's a friggin' nitrous pro.
.........live in my moms basement....are you speaking from experience, do you live with your mom, perhaps in the same room?, sleep in the same bed?. I already know your potentially gay from previous comments, I should probably shut-up you could be a serial killer, or a child molester.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:48 AM

BTW. LOL, this is the third time I've seen that stupid video from Das' wolve.
Aren't you bored of these shitbox four cylinders yet?.
Hand-me-downs from your mothers. Bwahahahahh, I love Hoondafarie-tech, its been a bit of a distraction from real work lately though.
BTW#2, Das' wolve, ptw clearances for a nitrous motor don't affect the motor when it's not being sprayed or "street driven"?. now there is some nonsense?, anybody who gobbles up that wolve poo is as big of a fu#$in' moron as you.

Last edited by Transpoquick; 12-11-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let it go buddy. No one takes you serious.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:10 AM

You three don't, you put alot of time into that did your mommy make you draw that so you can cope with your own shortcoming?.
Lets see some pictures of your car so we can all have something to really laugh about.
You too das' wolve, and slow as ricer GSR, put some pictures up of your car instead of worthless grainy video of things you think are wrong with peoples nitrous kits.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You guys are un-beliveable. Too f%$Kin' stupid to build anything with more than 4 cylinders, ignorant enough to belive your rice powered shitboxes make power.

the douchebag from the third world country who has to build Das' honduhs because nothing else is available. Hes says Nitrous is hard to find and expensive yet he's a friggin' nitrous pro
subtracting power from a little 4cil is more of a challenge then anything else.
you are just frustrated you not getting more then 250whp out of your ´racecar´, that doesnt that normal and sane people can´t make power out of our ´shitboxes´.

this douchebag from a third world country is making more power then you on pump in a daily and living in one of the richest countries in the world. and yes, i´m one of the pioneers in the nitrousscene in the Netherlands.

BTW. LOL, this is the third time I've seen that stupid video from Das' wolve.
Aren't you bored of these shitbox four cylinders yet?.
Hand-me-downs from your mothers. Bwahahahahh, I love Hoondafarie-tech, its been a bit of a distraction from real work lately though.
BTW#2, Das' wolve, ptw clearances for a nitrous motor don't affect the motor when it's not being sprayed or "street driven"?. now there is some nonsense?, anybody who gobbles up that wolve poo is as big of a fu#$in' moron as you.
yeah because a lot of people are misinformed by stupid morons like you who don't seem to grasp that the traditional T-like dist block provide an uneven nitrous distribution and has serious power/safety disadvantages. but fools like you will probably never grasp it and continue being slow, no matter how many cilinders

PTW #'s do affect the motor but are not detrimental to NA performance, especially when you're talking about only 35

anybody who gobbles up my advice is stupid, ask ricerno7. it would've saved his motor

Lets see some pictures of your car so we can all have something to really laugh about.
You too das' wolve, and slow as ricer GSR, put some pictures up of your car instead of worthless grainy video of things you think are wrong with peoples nitrous kits.
i posted up pics of my ride, it's not pretty, i care how it runs
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 AM

^^^says it all right there, can't spell, believes ptw has no effect on performance and agrees his car is a POS.
I'm selling the ricemobile because it makes 0 sense to work on. Front wheel drive compact disposable POS that would fit in the trunk of my other car thats parked in my garage that sits behind my house.
I have wasted enough time talking rice w/ you guys. Good luck some day you will all wise up.
BTW **** moderator Hybrid Civic LS-T deleted another one of my post.
Hey pal you know making up your own car models makes you look like a fool, don't you?.
maybe you want to buy my car, No rust, its already nice and ricey.

Last edited by Transpoquick; 12-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now wait a second, you stated earlier that your looking to spray your DD w/ a 75 shot and then work your way up too a 100 shot.
You know that the ptw clearance for those shots is around .0035(that's thirty-five ten thousandths or three and a half thousandths). Hopefully you also know that your motor will run like crap with that ptw when your not spraying, that said, I'm assuming you are ok w/ having a daily driver that runs like poo(I'm keeping this PG so the **** moderators don't delete it) untill you "flip a switch" to change maps so you can spray "every once in awhile".
Better re-think what your doing, and being Mr. old school I don't recommend spraying your car on the street, if you get in a wreck w/ that thing armed and someone other than you gets hurt, the police are likely to "bust a cap in yo' ***". Thats just my opinion, now go find a switch that changes your piston to wall clearance because I know you are looking for reliability too.
I wont really be spraying in the streets while daily driving. forget i even mentioned spraying on the street i meant something totally different just forget that part completely. as far as the map. well my tuner which is yosolo has tuned other cars on my team and they run 2 maps 1 for all motor daily driving and 1 for when spraying. and when the switch is on all motor map the car runs great i have yet to notice anything bad. so why wouldnt it work for me?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i love nitrous lol
Old 12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blk99ek
i love nitrous lol
Meeee toooo!! lol
Old 12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wolve

ricer, i never wanted to see i told you so, but i did tell you . sorry to see you learned it the hard way, upside is that you can warn others

once again...

take a good look at this film and see the non-equal nitrous distribution (if you can see with your bare eyes it's means it's pretty bad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIMxLGqteI

noswizard did a few videodocumented tests that showed excactly the same problems but easyier to see

Yah i knew it was a bad idea. I actually bought the equal flow distribution block and hardlines before I melted the valves. Realized I was going to have to get all new fittings and then probably retap the manifold higher. So I decided to just tune it without the equal flows since I would have to redo the whole set up everything on the equal flows. That was a bad choice. Melted to valves =( and messed the head up a little.

I learned but I'm currently broke and just working on school so i'll finish the set up maybe in the summer time when I have some more time to work and make some disposable income.

Is your car back up yet? By any chance wolve?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^says it all right there, can't spell, believes ptw has no effect on performance and agrees his car is a POS.

I have wasted enough time talking rice w/ you guys. Good luck some day you will all wise up.
he's finally gone...
people like transpo got me more and more motivated trough time. because people keep telling me stuff can't be done on spray. you should've heared the dutch people 2-3 years ago when i said i was gonna hit 10sec on spray alone within 5 years. funny how people can be limited by convential thinking

transpo is one of them, we've disagreed before (see: https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...119397&page=88)
funny how my car is a POS while his is the best
it's my grocery getter (EJ2)with a bit off spray running: 12.3@119mph on streettires riding the limiter in fourth
his car is a FULLY stripped/gutted/caged trackonly car running: 12.5@106mph on slicks blowing up everytime he tries to go faster

and my spelling, hey i'm Dutch it's not perfect but it's understandable

Originally Posted by JDM809
my tuner which is yosolo has tuned other cars on my team and they run 2 maps 1 for all motor daily driving and 1 for when spraying. and when the switch is on all motor map the car runs great i have yet to notice anything bad. so why wouldnt it work for me?
offcourse it'll work great for you when tuned right.
in ectune/hondata and i believe neptune also you don't even need to run a completely separate map. it just fuel/ignition corrections linked to an output, it's very easy to tune and untill your actually spraying everything is still the same as NA. ectune can run up to 3 stages and i think you can even combine them to support as much stages as you want
Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ricer no 7
Yah i knew it was a bad idea. I actually bought the equal flow distribution block and hardlines before I melted the valves. Realized I was going to have to get all new fittings and then probably retap the manifold higher. So I decided to just tune it without the equal flows since I would have to redo the whole set up everything on the equal flows. That was a bad choice. Melted to valves =( and messed the head up a little.

I learned but I'm currently broke and just working on school so i'll finish the set up maybe in the summer time when I have some more time to work and make some disposable income.

Is your car back up yet? By any chance wolve?
sad story... even more frustrating that you had the right parts laying around but never got to install them. i feel for you...

money makes the world go round, as in my situation.
it's damn near impossible to find a mint condition b18c short block (mine has a 0.5mm dent in the cil1 wall) for a somewhat affordable price in the netherlands. b18a/b's are even more rare. so i'm stuck with either a b16 or b20 shortblock for a moderate price. to give you guys an idea:

sleeving my block (darton): 1400e = 2066$
stripped b18c shortblock with busted bearings: 500e = 738$
complety empty/dented b18c shortblock: 350e = 516$
importing shortblock from the states: (shortblockprice+300-400$)x1.25= shortblock+shipping+customs/taxes

so i'm screwed anyway.

anyway, money or no money, my setup will hit the streets somewhere in april/may because traction is nowhere to be found during fall/winter/spring
so i'm still undecided on shelling out for a b18c+pistons+rods or b16+pistons+rods (maybe 87.2mm b16) or a stock sleeve b20+pistons+rods (87.2 or 77.4mm)

wichever shortblock comes by at a reasonable price, but 10's will be achieved next season
Old 12-14-2009, 02:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Wow, that nitrous video, what kind of setup is that??? I used to run a zex dry kit back n the day, was a 75 shot on a zc, ran perfect. But the distribution in that vid made it look horrible!!!

Has that vid been around a long time and been seen by alot of people???
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Vagitarian
Wow, that nitrous video, what kind of setup is that??? I used to run a zex dry kit back n the day, was a 75 shot on a zc, ran perfect. But the distribution in that vid made it look horrible!!!

Has that vid been around a long time and been seen by alot of people???
video has been around some time...
the sad part is that the guy who made it, made it to show off his awesome setup

the distribution in that video is due to the distribution block design wich 90% of the direct port kits come with. hence my effort to show people it's ruining engines!!!

it's not nitrous that blows up setups, it's the crap kits that are getting sold
Old 12-14-2009, 03:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^^^ that design is the BAD?? What is the proper design, Im curious how it equals the flow. I am thinking of making a budget track car, and a high comp, relatively stock motor GSR with direct port is what I will probly settle on
Old 12-14-2009, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Vagitarian
that design is the BAD??
YES, indeed!

here are some good design equal flow dist blocks

look at the designs and understand why the traditional is so wrong
don't think of nitrous as a liquid, it's a fluid up until the solenoid, when pressure is relieved (activated) it starts to phase change at every possible spot
Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have my dry kit already what else would i need minus that and the distribution block to complete my direct port kit?????

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***