***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Noswizard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noswizard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bottle pressure SHOULD always be kept at the optimum pressure of 950 to 1,050 psi, so I don't understand the reason for your question???

If you mean will they still work at higher pressures, then yes they will work at much higher pressures but that's not advisable for the safety of your engine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've always considered running a push system to maintain bottle pressure with larger shots. With the revo/pulsoids will the tune stay consistent down the track?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So it would be the nitrous equlivant of a boost controller? Dial-a-shot? With a/f control.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mmmm, more like a turbo with an electronic boost controller.

The aim of the product is to do EVERYTHING a turbo can do, WITHOUT the issues that are associated with turbos, like lag, spool time between shifts, lack of 'accurate' control. The reason for the product is to redress the fact that nitrous has been eclipsed on the Drag strip by turbos and blowers, because those 2 alternatives offer, smoother, more progressive, more manageable power than even our pulsed systems can compete with BUT the REVO can and will put nitrous at the front of the pack once again.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:53 PM

Default Re: (MyLilCivic)

To avoid any risk of being accused of promoting my products on this forum, I'll send you the link by email.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 PM

So then lets move on to technical questions.

What are you opinions on stand alone fuel cells?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've always considered running a push system to maintain bottle pressure with larger shots. With the revo/pulsoids will the tune stay consistent down the track?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Even though we offer the most advanced push system in the world, it should be your LAST RESORT for maintaining an accurate AF, because it complicates matters and causes other problems.

Your understanding of the Pulsoid/REVO/Max Extreme combination is correct, it is possible to maintain not only a constant AF and it is also able to deliver constant power (rather than declining power as is normally the case) DESPITE pressure drop in the bottle.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So then lets move on to technical questions.

What are you opinions on stand alone fuel cells?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Only use them if you can't adequately increase the fuel flow to match your needs, through the original fuel system.

BTW have you decided who to believe now????
Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noswizard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To avoid any risk of being accused of promoting my products on this forum, I'll send you the link by email. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Awsome i also sent you a few other emails not to long ago let me know if you got them been having some email problems today
Old 10-28-2008, 02:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noswizard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Only use them if you can't adequately increase the fuel flow to match your needs, through the original fuel system.

BTW have you decided who to believe now????</TD></TR></TABLE>

What about street cars with larger kits. 91 octane (US) in the gas tank and say 110 or higher in the fuel cell. Any problems?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:32 PM

What about street cars with larger kits. 91 octane (US) in the gas tank and say 110 or higher in the fuel cell. Any problems?</TD></TR></TABLE>
In that case a separate fuel system would be wise (assuming you didn't want to run high octane fuel all the time) but we're working on an "Octane enrichment system" that would add octane booster to the fuel system just when the nitrous system is activated, which would be an alternative arrangement that we feel would be safer.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noswizard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In that case a separate fuel system would be wise (assuming you didn't want to run high octane fuel all the time) but we're working on an "Octane enrichment system" that would add octane booster to the fuel system just when the nitrous system is activated, which would be an alternative arrangement that we feel would be safer.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh wow.

What will you guys do about lean spikes when the kit hits? Will the customer need a larger fuel system?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (MyLilCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noswizard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never heard of the ectune unit before, so I accept the info you've provided but the Motec unit does already offer the progressive control and we already have a number of customers running Motec managed progressive dry systems, in fact we have one running a 'hybrid' wet/dry system on the basis that it is more accurate to control just a small amount of fuel to optimise the mixture via the dry method than to control ALL the fuel that way and that thinking certainly has some merit. Since the car won a major event in the UK this year using that arrangement, I think we have to conclude that it must have worked rather well.</TD></TR></TABLE>
if i'd have the money i'd already have your complete racenitrous setup, motec, custom tailored header, etc.

offcourse the motec works perfect, it's known

the system i'm talking about is based on a honda ecu where other then a chipset and a emulator there are only software changes(like crome, neptune or hondata)

software, hardware for under 400$
nitrous can be set as following

also you can switch another complete set of fuel and ignition maps

that's my budget setup

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noswizard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you mean will they still work at higher pressures, then yes they will work at much higher pressures but that's not advisable for the safety of your engine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why should the higher bottle pressure not be safe for your engine?

Only use them if you can't adequately increase the fuel flow to match your needs, through the original fuel system</TD></TR></TABLE>
what is your opinion on pressure drop upon activation--&gt;brief lean condition
Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM

My question on the fuel cell is is there a limit to the size of the shot with appropriate octane in the cell. Say for instance 91 octane in the gas tank and c16 in the fuel cell with s=two stages culminating around a 400 shot.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My question on the fuel cell is is there a limit to the size of the shot with appropriate octane in the cell. Say for instance 91 octane in the gas tank and c16 in the fuel cell with s=two stages culminating around a 400 shot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

is this for a 4 cilinder, or 6, or 8, or 10 -12

what's the engine/setup?

old non-efficient detonation sensitive combustion chambers need higher octane per given shot then highly efficient setups

Modified by wolve at 3:48 PM 10/28/2008
Old 10-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (wolve)

8 cylinder.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of 8cilinder, a 60 year old flathead 8 cilinder or a 2008 m3 engine

is it a 8.0 cr turbo car or a 13.5 cr allmotor beast

need information
Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kind of 8cilinder, a 60 year old flathead 8 cilinder or a 2008 m3 engine

is it a 8.0 cr turbo car or a 13.5 cr allmotor beast

need information</TD></TR></TABLE>

Small block ford.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

imo it should be possible, if the supporting mods are there!!!

if i where you, start small, learn, upgrade, learn more, reach your goals with steps

rather make stupid mistakes (wich are bound to happen ) when you're starting out small, then when you're starting out big

and don't cheap out on parts ...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imo it should be possible, if the supporting mods are there!!!

if i where you, start small, learn, upgrade, learn more, reach your goals with steps

rather make stupid mistakes (wich are bound to happen ) when you're starting out small, then when you're starting out big

and don't cheap out on parts ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've done the big shot thing. Never used a cell though. It'd be nice to cruise on pump and spray whenever I want.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:29 PM

What will you guys do about lean spikes when the kit hits? Will the customer need a larger fuel system?</TD></TR></TABLE>

OUR systems do NOT cause any lean spikes, so not a problem.

The solution to that is one or other or a combination of the following;
1) Correct system design
2) Correct system fit
3) Correct metering jet location - NOT at the nozzle
4) Electronic nitrous only delay feature

Modified by Noswizard at 4:52 PM 10/28/2008
Old 10-28-2008, 03:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if i'd have the money i'd already have your complete racenitrous setup, motec, custom tailored header, etc.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
We also work with customers who use megasquirt and as I wasn't aware of the make of unit you mentioned, I'd no idea what it cost.
I started my business with NOTHING so I fully appreciate that not everyone can afford the cost of some products.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
offcourse the motec works perfect, it's known
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I guess so, although I have had customers with a number of minor issues.

the system i'm talking about is based on a honda ecu where other then a chipset and a emulator there are only software changes(like crome, neptune or hondata)

software, hardware for under 400$
nitrous can be set as following

that's my budget setup
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Looks fine to me.

why should the higher bottle pressure not be safe for your engine?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
All jet sizes and mixture ratios are calculated based on a specific pressure (usually within the range that I specified), for the same reason the engine will run rich if the bottle pressure drops, it will run lean if the pressure rises.
The ONLY way to achieve SAFE optimum results at present, is to maintain a constant bottle pressure

what is your opinion on pressure drop upon activation--&gt;brief lean condition</TD></TR></TABLE>
The initial pressure drop is not brief, its sudden and then tapers off but is sustained over the run. A pressure drop of the nitrous does NOT cause the mixture to go lean (the reverse is true) but if the mixture is set up at the reduced pressure after the initial drop, then the initial hit will be lean as a consequence of the higher initial pressure at the point of activation.
On a dry system you should not suffer an initial lean condition for the reason previously dealt with in the thread.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My question on the fuel cell is is there a limit to the size of the shot with appropriate octane in the cell. Say for instance 91 octane in the gas tank and c16 in the fuel cell with s=two stages culminating around a 400 shot.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Unfortunately there are TOO MANY variables involved in assessing such a question, to give a specific answer to that even for a specific engine.

BTW you guys are working me hard tonight!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imo it should be possible, if the supporting mods are there!!!

and don't cheap out on parts ... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Couldn't agree more and anything more specific would be pure guess work, because as I said earlier, there are far too many variables to give a specific answer to such a question.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Unfortunately there are TOO MANY variables involved in assessing such a question, to give a specific answer to that even for a specific engine.

BTW you guys are working me hard tonight!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Most nitrous guys are REALLY secretive. Nice to finally get one that is open.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 PM

Very true and I've been told I'm too open and free with my knowledge but I see it as my mission in life to pass on as much knowledge as I can, because one day I'll be dead and I don't want all the effort I put in to learning all this **** to go to waste.

That's why I wrote my first introductory book on the subject and why I intend to write at least 2 more at higher levels.
It's also why I have my own forum that as you've seen, is packed with more nitrous info than most people could read/learn in a year.

Unfortunately providing the freely available knowledge is a double edged sword, because it helps those who not only use my systems but also those who don't and I can only hope that people learn enough to realise that the knowledge is best used with the best products to get the best results.

Modified by Noswizard at 6:34 PM 10/28/2008
Old 10-28-2008, 05:32 PM

So what would pricing be for the spider plate to a us based customer? Pm if necessary.

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***