***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (EASY101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EASY101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where in the hell did you gather that from?

From all the threads and polls I've ever read regarding nitrous kits for our hondas indicates NX as the winner hands down...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-24-2008, 12:48 PM
* B A N N E D *

I've been wanting to go with boost for so long, but damn I have to say I miss that bottle so bad, I wish I still had it...the low end torque was awesome! especially catchin somebody on the street.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What are your thoughts on running a crane ignition w/ the timing retard control? Anyone have any experience?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone have any spare 10lb. nitrous bottles for sale?

Modified by Garage 808 Hatch at 8:10 PM 1/24/2008
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (661rex89si)

Does anybody know where to get a bottle recertified, I have a bottle that is
6 years old and were I have my bottles filled they said they wont fill it again
till it's certified.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (rd91sib18c5r)

lol.. i have bottles that are like 10 years old and have no problem getting them filled
Old 01-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (.CUBISH.)

I got a 10lb bottle for sale that was air brushed with flames, make me an offer I'm in NJ
Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (pgpbubble)

is there any kind of optimal placement for DP nozzles? closer to the plenum/closer to the port entry/top of the runner/bottom of the runner??? i know the type of nozzle will have alot to do with it also but lets get a starting point going on.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (jeffy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeffy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there any kind of optimal placement for DP nozzles? closer to the plenum/closer to the port entry/top of the runner/bottom of the runner??? i know the type of nozzle will have alot to do with it also but lets get a starting point going on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

as close as you can get it to the entrance of the port.but your only gonna
get so close.the fuel rail and other crap keep from getting you any further.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (nitrousballa)

cool, thanks balla. always a wealth of giggle knowledge.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (jeffy)

harv u ready yet?..ive already made a few shake down passes... 11.2@124 full interior em1 coupe with a/c, power steering, power windows, sunroof, etc...car is 2600lbs with me in it
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Way back in like 76 ,LOL, I used to run my D16Z6 on a 75 wet NX kit and sprayed the **** out of it and never retarded the timing. Of course as logic would have it, I went though many bottom ends, thankd god SOHC's are cheap. LOL! Then it got old and I went B16 and slapped a utrbo on. But yeah that car was fast when it ran.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EASY101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where in the hell did you gather that from?

From all the threads and polls I've ever read regarding nitrous kits for our hondas indicates NX as the winner hands down...</TD></TR></TABLE>

A shop told me that, they said Nos/Holley need way more rebuilding/more often (Solenoids). They run a couple nitrous cars, Crx k20 11.6 @ 120 mph (Zex), Dc2 k20/k24 11.6 @ 120 mph (Zex). He also said the Zex kits easier to upgrade? I guess he's wrong.
So for a 100-125 shot I should just get a NX direct port kit or should I spend the extra on getting 2 stage kit?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:38 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (EM2Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM2Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A shop told me that, they said Nos/Holley need way more rebuilding/more often (Solenoids). They run a couple nitrous cars, Crx k20 11.6 @ 120 mph (Zex), Dc2 k20/k24 11.6 @ 120 mph (Zex). He also said the Zex kits easier to upgrade? I guess he's wrong.
So for a 100-125 shot I should just get a NX direct port kit or should I spend the extra on getting 2 stage kit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I cant say from experience with any of the kits besides NX. I never had a single issue with my nx kit in over a year and half I used it with countless bottles being emptied and refilled. I can tell you that I've heard many times from many people that yes the nos/holley solenoids suck and always fail. I can also tell you I've heard that the zex "boxes" fail as well. I personally think that NX is more popular with hondas than any other kit and since NX has an awesome reliability record with myself and as well with other honda owners you should probably strongly consider using the NX kit. Do some more research and decide for yourself.

The size shot and wether or not you use direct port depends on what you want and what your setup is capable of handling.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can tell you i have never had any problems with the ZEX kits, i have ran the dry kit on a street car, went through many bottles, street and track. and i had a single fogger Zex wet kit, on a drag car, ran flawlessly. and now i'm trying their direct port kit. so far so good
Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I cant say from experience with any of the kits besides NX. I never had a single issue with my nx kit in over a year and half I used it with countless bottles being emptied and refilled. I can tell you that I've heard many times from many people that yes the nos/holley solenoids suck and always fail. I can also tell you I've heard that the zex "boxes" fail as well. I personally think that NX is more popular with hondas than any other kit and since NX has an awesome reliability record with myself and as well with other honda owners you should probably strongly consider using the NX kit. Do some more research and decide for yourself.

The size shot and wether or not you use direct port depends on what you want and what your setup is capable of handling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I know my setup can handle a 150 shot max (wet), I'd rather not push it that much so as I said i'm looking to run a 100-125 shot (.26fuel/.46nitrous). It's going to be controlled by Hondata. I want to be in the mid 11s with my bottle setup currently running 12.9-13.1 @ 108-109mph. From what I have gathered either a Direct port or 2 stage will get me into the 11s easily. The advantage of 2 stage would be that I can spray 55shot let's say from 15mph till 40mph (till traction) and then spray both stages to get a 125shot. With direct port I can't control anything other than the jets correct?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:27 AM

Hey just a quick question but whats some opinions on a stock internaled b16a slapped with a zex dry kit on a 50 shot??? Any suggestions/opinions? (This may have been covered already in the previous pages somewhere but i didnt have time to read all of them so if it was just kindly refer me to the page number.)
Old 01-29-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Re: (Civic Hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey just a quick question but whats some opinions on a stock internaled b16a slapped with a zex dry kit on a 50 shot??? Any suggestions/opinions? (This may have been covered already in the previous pages somewhere but i didnt have time to read all of them so if it was just kindly refer me to the page number.)</TD></TR></TABLE>if its your first time sprayn I say go with a wet kit keep it on the safer side of things .as for a what size shot go with a 75 at least that motor can handle it .just keep an eye on your fuel gauge don't let that **** get lean.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ef nightkids)

ZZZzzz nitrous nap time
Old 02-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (simpleteg3)

i got a question for the nitrous vets aka nitrousballa and cubish, fixin to be running 2 stage kinda big nitrous setup, 50 shot out of the gate then a 100 shortly there after givin me a total of 150, my question(s) are what ignition setups are u guys using i know harv told me some **** before but his knowledge of nitrous is kinda hard to gather all in one meeting i have a blaster 2 coil and 6AL sitting in the shop, i know my old nova that was the **** but this way different, my next question is plugs???? NGK racing???? BKR7's???? i need to know what plug and yes the second stage direct port (100) will have a seperate fuel system like u told me harv, and how much total timing will i need to pull out when the second stage comes in AND i know long post, which MSD timing controller is the one i need they offer like 50 thanks in advance also the 100 shot dp will have c16 for the fuel if it helps thanks guys
Old 02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1SiC 3DR)

also this is an all oem 81mm gsr bottom end, and also is there an off the shelf camshaft that is real good for nitrous, i've heard m21's, i've heard ITR, i've heard crower 1's i'm tired of hearing i need a proven cam i know harv and cubish have used some kinda after market cam with there big juicy setups all input is appreciated fella's thanks again
Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 AM

are what ignition setups are u guys using

i use stock cap/rotor w/a HVC II coil and a good set of plugs wires.

NGK racing???? BKR7's

i have set it once and i will say it again.i CAN USE ANY PLUG,if anyone
can read between the lines here you'll know what i'm talking about.

how much total timing

that is something that is different for each set up plain and simple.but like i said set the fp @ 40 cfp "when activated" and pull timing way out if your not sure then start advancing"till you see the signs you are looking for"
you want a lite brown color on ALL OF THEM.when you have this you are on the money.

after you have done this i will wire a multi step retard and set it to what i pulled out of the dizzy.the reason i do this is to TRACE my STEPS TO MAKE SURE IT'S RIGHT,when i have something else pulling timing.you don't have to do it this way but i do plain and simple and is VERY EFFECTIVE as i will show in mont. ala. in june 08 IS MY TIME TO SHINE.

an off the shelf camshaft that is real good for nitrous

when i did the b20 "big nitrous car" i used CTR'S and it brought this motor AWAKE.i was really surpized the car ran as good as it did,but you never know till youu try.

harv and cubish have used some kinda after market cam with there big juicy setups all input is appreciated fella's thanks again

i cain't speak for cubish only myself.i will be using the sk2 stg 3 pro series
cam in the dual stg. set up.THESE CAMS HAVE MAJOR MAJOR LIFT.

harv

Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nitrousballa)

your knowledge has again graced this forum, but what MSD timing controller they offer so many, which would be recommended
Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone have any single nozzles laying around? pm me if you do cause I'm looking to finish my setup soon
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1SiC 3DR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your knowledge has again graced this forum, but what MSD timing controller they offer so many, which would be recommended </TD></TR></TABLE>

it is a multi step retard i will get part # later today for you.

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***