***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Originally Posted by wolve
FJO mini > edelbrock 71900

the edelbrock is useless with a dry shot...

why, because the controller (and thus control of the spray) is time-based and your fuel/ignition is rpm-based. these 2 don't work together!

FJO does both time and rpm-based!!! you can adjust nitrous solenoid DC by increments and thus shape your powerband just how you want it!!!

with a FJO you can also do 3 stages!
thank you i miss read the instructions lol looks like mini fjo hear i come
Old 07-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How would the fjo controller work in conjunction with s300? And how easy is it to setup 3 stages with the fjo and s300? I will be adding the fjo into my setup soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wreckeddc4
How would the fjo controller work in conjunction with s300? And how easy is it to setup 3 stages with the fjo and s300? I will be adding the fjo into my setup soon.
just feed the ecu outputs into the FJO inputs (there are 2), no relays needed anymore

for 3 stages you can either activate stage 1&2 simultaniously (with help from a relay) or you can have the 1st stage be a fixed hit on a second solenoid or just add a fixed hit on top of your 2nd stage
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wolve
just feed the ecu outputs into the FJO inputs (there are 2), no relays needed anymore

for 3 stages you can either activate stage 1&2 simultaniously (with help from a relay) or you can have the 1st stage be a fixed hit on a second solenoid or just add a fixed hit on top of your 2nd stage
Sounds like this is exactly what I want to do. I have 2 solenoids, one is a single fogger 75 shot, the other is a 150 direct port. I want to do 3 stages with it, spray the 75 off the line, the 150 in 2nd gear and both together in 3rd and 4th. The reason for the controller is to ease it in gradually so i dont blow the motor to pieces when the 75 kicks back in as my 3rd stage.

Would setting this up be as easy as setting up the controller the right way and tuning it? I have a base tune for the nitrous but I will most likely be fine tuning it with just data logging track passes and making fuel/timing adjustments. Id like to retune it fully on the dyno with nitrous but its a 6 hour trip to the tuner towing the car. Cant really afford to do it again right away.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thinking bout trying dual stage but thru one nozzle. Was thinking of jetting at the selinodes and "Y" ing them together before the nozzle. Wolve any input on this? not sure if there is any unseen issues that I'm missing,,,Was wondering if there might be a problem with equal pressure once 2nd stage is activated?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I got my setup partially usable today. No progressive controller yet, so just a 75 single shot dry with s300 outputs. All seems good and it rips like crazy. The tires I have for street use are no longer sufficient. Now to go over the logs with my tuner and make sure everything checks out then see about trying the 150 shot soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would setting this up be as easy as setting up the controller the right way and tuning it? I have a base tune for the nitrous but I will most likely be fine tuning it with just data logging track passes and making fuel/timing adjustments. Id like to retune it fully on the dyno with nitrous but its a 6 hour trip to the tuner towing the car. Cant really afford to do it again right away.
i mostly tune nitrous on the street to figure out fuel on safe timing, before i head to the dyno and see what it likes for ignition. makes for a short/quick dynotune less $$

Thinking bout trying dual stage but thru one nozzle. Was thinking of jetting at the selinodes and "Y" ing them together before the nozzle. Wolve any input on this? not sure if there is any unseen issues that I'm missing,,,Was wondering if there might be a problem with equal pressure once 2nd stage is activated?
i don't see any issue rising also, just make sure it's a y and not a t. jetting at the solenoid is needed and loose the jets at the fogger.

100% doable

So I got my setup partially usable today. No progressive controller yet, so just a 75 single shot dry with s300 outputs. All seems good and it rips like crazy. The tires I have for street use are no longer sufficient. Now to go over the logs with my tuner and make sure everything checks out then see about trying the 150 shot soon.
if you tune the shots seperatly you have a good starting point for fuel when you combine them. they probably won't be as efficient on top of eachother but you'd want the 3rd stage somewhat richer anyway. once you get your controller apply it to the 150 shot (keeps it from blowing the tires in second/@track or 3rd@street) and just take out fuel where it's to rich. do the same to the 75shot.

then just spray straight 75 off the line, proggressive 150 in 2nd and progressive 150+75 in third. whereever you blow of the tires take out some spray. you'll have fun guaranteed!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did a bunch of work to that white hatch that ran 11.4 I posted awhile back,, hoping to see 10's,, can't say everything yet got people that wanna run us. Trolling trying to find out our setup, Anyway added a nitrous burst panel incase of backfire, went with a Plm tri-y big tube header w 3" back,. Interested to see how this header likes nitrous, dual stage setup now also ,,, Switching to q16 , Should be interesting, Hope to have track times in bout 2weeks. Suppose 2 have a $ run this coming Monday. If it goes down I'll post vid.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats up i got a question i have a b series with a single fogger dry want to add another stage direct port dry car is on q16 and its already tuned with s300 for the single fogger

Should i get a direct port as first stage and then the single fogger as second
And would i need 2 bottles in the car or just one
Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ALLMOT0REJ1
Whats up i got a question i have a b series with a single fogger dry want to add another stage direct port dry car is on q16 and its already tuned with s300 for the single fogger

Should i get a direct port as first stage and then the single fogger as second
And would i need 2 bottles in the car or just one
I have my setup just as you want it. Single fogger for the first stage, direct port for the 2nd. S300 can control 3 stages. You just need to add a t between the line from the bottle and the solenoid and add a 2nd solenoid. Id recommend a retune with the 2nd stage.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ what power/times u putting down on Both stage?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimmynitro
^^ what power/times u putting down on Both stage?
I had a solenoid issue on the dyno, so it wasn't tuned on spray fully. But it's jetted for a 75 single and 150 on the dp. It makes 213 on motor, and went 13.0 NA. I've been starting testing the juice doing data logs and making sure timing and af is good. Gonna mess with the 150 once the 75 is all set. Then eventually they will be sprayed together with a progressive controller.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have my setup just as you want it. Single fogger for the first stage, direct port for the 2nd. S300 can control 3 stages. You just need to add a t between the line from the bottle and the solenoid and add a 2nd solenoid. Id recommend a retune with the 2nd stage.
Yea a retune is a must when i do get the second i would have to lower my nitrous in the first stage and add all of it on the second stage right
Old 07-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like im going same budget route if i get the time this year. a tuned basemap with duty cycle and timing adjustment, 65 dry on a jdm gsr ek no lsd. not sure what that can run... the big shots use too much spray! $$$$
Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got my fjo mini. Will be tuning again soon.

Wolve what rpm did you start and end with ur fjo?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone actually have dual stage running n tuned thru s300?? I'm having a problem with the n20 output "using pin a20 " for my 2nd stage. The selinode either stays open when system is armed, or it doesn't open when it should, depending on how I have the output parameters,,, 1st stage works great,, I'm wondering if there is a problem with hondata smanager. Anyone have any issues ??? All wiring was checked. Gonna rewire it anyway. Just incase,,
Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would it be ok to run nos inn my 94 gsr it has bigger cams chipped ecu an dc headers
Old 07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone actually have dual stage running n tuned thru s300?? I'm having a problem with the n20 output "using pin a20 " for my 2nd stage. The selinode either stays open when system is armed, or it doesn't open when it should, depending on how I have the output parameters,,, 1st stage works great,, I'm wondering if there is a problem with hondata smanager. Anyone have any issues ??? All wiring was checked. Gonna rewire it anyway. Just incase,,
I use a20 for my first stage, and it works fine. You may have wiring issue. I know I had mine wired wrong at first. Double check all the parameters maybe? Engine load and all that. I found that I had one hooked up to the wrong pin. I also know that some ecus don't have all the same functions, such as a p72 has iab control where as p28 does not.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ its running a p28. Using a15 for first stage. A20 for 2nd. Do u have the output inverted with a20?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ its running a p28. Using a15 for first stage. A20 for 2nd. Do u have the output inverted with a20?
i had the same problem and it was in the load conditions. iam also using a20 and i do not have output inverted. when i did click to invert the soliniod would stay energized.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ yeah I noticed that ,,when a20 was inverted the solenoid was staying open, but when it wasn't inverted ,it still wasn't activating.,,,, I'm going to try a new relay and a rewire,,, the parameters for load and activation are correct there the set same as 1st stage
Old 07-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did some test and tune at the local track last night. On a 75 shot went 11.50@119. Ran 12.0 all night with 900psi in the bottle. Cranked it to 1000psi and there it was. I can't wait to try the 2nd stage
Old 07-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ nice thats running good,,what was ur motor setup? what jet u running for 75? Just curious.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a lsvtec with wisecos and eagle rods about 11.5:1. With a blox tuner stg 2 cam ad e85. The jet is a 41 I think
Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ nice

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***