Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

rev limiter/boost cut not working--uberdata

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default rev limiter/boost cut not working--uberdata

yeah so i still use uberdata.

im having trouble with my boost cut not working. ive got it enabled and to engage at 10.4 psi before the map stops reading at 10.7 psi. well its not working, ive seen up toward 14 psi. my rev limit also doesnt appear to be working, as its set at 7400 and i saw 8000 just on a quick free rev in neutral. oddly however, my 2 step set at 4500 is working just fine.

ive never had this issue before and ive been using the program for like 6 years. what am i missing?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: rev limiter/boost cut not working--uberdata

i have the same issue. using crome with moates emulator.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You really should not use a boost cut on a stock map sensor anything over 10 psi. I would suggest lowering it to say 8 psi as a test and see if it works.

Also I wouldn't exactly trust your stock tach, if that is what you are going off of.

Also what version of uberdata are you using? I should be able to help you out getting it straight.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im using 1.7. i had the car running top notch on neptune rtp but i had to lower my fs price on it and took out the neptune.

i know the stock tachs are off, mine reads a tiny bit high, as verified from both the dyno pickups and the old neptune datalogs.

i restarted my laptop and reburned a chip and the rev limit works now, but im still not sure of the boost cut i havent turned it up as of yet. i didnt really know the whole 10 psi even thing i thought it was just had to be under the 10.x psi that the stock 1.75 bar maps cant read over.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm..so it was your laptop?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackeg
im using 1.7. i had the car running top notch on neptune rtp but i had to lower my fs price on it and took out the neptune.

i know the stock tachs are off, mine reads a tiny bit high, as verified from both the dyno pickups and the old neptune datalogs.

i restarted my laptop and reburned a chip and the rev limit works now, but im still not sure of the boost cut i havent turned it up as of yet. i didnt really know the whole 10 psi even thing i thought it was just had to be under the 10.x psi that the stock 1.75 bar maps cant read over.
Well the stock map sensor can't fully output 5v.. so it is limited by the range of motion of the diaphram inside the map sensor. It only ever gets to about 4.7 volts or so. On average I would say most stock map sensors stop reading around 10.3 psi or so. So that is why I wouldn't ever put a boost cut above 10psi on a stock map sensor. Because they just don't read that high.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

solid info right there. ive been using a 3bar on my setups for a few years, but this particular setup is for sale for a cheap price so i took that off too lol.

as dangerous as this is and i dont recommend for anyone, the air fuel and timing are good up through 14psi on that setup just from running my settings in the 11psi boost column. i made them rich and relatively retarted for this reason
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having a similar problem with crome. Im using 1.5.0 and I set boost cut to 10.2psi and it will boost 10psi and never really spike.

I recently added a new dumptube onto my wastegate since it had none, now it spikes to 14-15psi. I remove the dump, and it returns back down to 10psi.

I need to have a dump so it will stop blowing back onto my intercooler, and raising my IATS and engine bay temps.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can you just make an elbow and route the dump into the exhaust/downpipe?

and yeah, i think it was my laptop just didnt get a good burn or whatever. its happened on occasion especially if the laptop has been on for a while. ive also learned to save as a different file every time i make some substantial changes and also to use the 2 chip system.
ill always burn my new changes to different chip in case it burns like **** i still have the chip that i just took out to throw back in. this way i know the car will always at least run so i can get home or wherever i need to
Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 PM
$cat /dev/urandom

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what burner are you using? i have found the willem burner to be sorta flakey at times..

and I agree about the lowering of boost option. my thought on the matter is that the resolution of the stock map sensor is not good enough to differentiate between a 10.4 and a 10.7 psi reading. have you tried say, 9 psi, then 10 psi and see if it triggers the boost cut at those levels first?

as for the tach, the stock tach is notoriously off, like +- 300 rpm easily. a better bet would be to observe where it is revving to from datalogs if you can get them, just to see if it is grossly exceeding the limit, or only going right up to it according to the tach signal.

Last edited by sanimalp; 08-16-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im using the moates burn1. been using the same one for years and ive tuned like a dozen cars with it.