Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Removing IACV on Crome and Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing IACV on Crome and Hondata

Hey guys
I've blocked off my IACV and FITV on my car for cooler intake temps and to fix an idle problem.

My car is getting its first map next month. (B16A2 OBD1 with Apexi turbo kit and other mods)
My tuner is either going to use Crome or Hondata (s200) to map the car (depending on my setup he will decide on the day)
I want to remove the IACV program from the ECU so when I unplug the IACV, there will be no CEL and no erratic idle.

Just in case he's never been asked to do this before, how do I instruct him to do this for Hondata and for Crome? - Is it quite easy?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm Huge In Japan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Removing IACV on Crome and Hondata

Your tuner isn't going to use S200. I doubt he has access to or knows how to use RE4.
Also, you're misguided if you think you won't have an erratic idle without an IACV. Quite the opposite. You clearly have a vacuum leak somewhere, and if your tuner is competent he'll tell you the same thing and won't tune it until you fix the leak. If he doesn't know how to disable the IACV then that's not a person you trust to tune your car, period.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for your input.
I have blanked the iacv and fitv with no issues now. My idle is perfect.
I definitely don't have a vacuum leak. Period.
How do you know my tuner won't use s200?
Thank you for not answering my question.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noob, if your tuner had access to RE4 to burn an S200 chip you wouldn't need to ask this question for him. It's a basic feature in all rom editors - even the obsolete ones.
I've tuned probably over a thousand Hondas; regardless if you like my answer, nobody else has responded because I've already given you the correct advice.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:58 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

He is right, there isn't much to add really. You need to ask your tuner. If he doesn't know then find someone who does. This of course assumes you don't have the tools yourself of course.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right, I am a N00b when it comes to mapping, and that's why i asked on here.
If I had tuned thousands of Hondas then i wouldn't need to post then.....I thought that was pretty obvious.
My tuner has the ability to tune with both Crome and Hondata. As i hinted in my post, I was asking on here before asking my tuner if he could do it.
I wanted to know if it was possible to do it as a knowlege building exercise, so that when i ask him to remove it, I at least know a little bit about it.

I'm sorry to disagree, but your first response didn't include the correct advice.
1 You assumed that my tuner can't use Hondata - Wrong
2 You assumed i had a vacuum leak - Wrong

Your second response gave me some of the info i asked for when you said "It's a basic feature in all rom editors - even the obsolete ones."

Thanks for the information