Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Is it possible to run A Hondata Prepped K20 ECU on a K20A6 Engine Harness w/ no tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to run A Hondata Prepped K20 ECU on a K20A6 Engine Harness w/ no tune?

Hi Guys

im new here, but was hoping to tap into some of your expertise for a problem thats started driving me a bit nuts.

i decided to put a k20a6 into a suzuki samuri, the logic being i wanted the lower torque and fuel efficiency of this motor, plus its like double the power and torque of the standard suzuki engine

problem is, i have now installed all the hardware, the engines in there, custom flywheel, engine mounts, radiator, gearbox adapter plates, its basically finished, except for the ecu

i have the stock ecu for the k20a6 honda accord 2003, but now im trying to remove the immobiliser..... seems no one can do it.

so i was wondering, hondata do fully programable ecu for civic type r and integra etc, the ecu has identical ports, if i buy a hondata type r ecu, will it work with the k20a6 harness/engine?

i guess my main concern is that, even though the ecu ports are identical, that actually the wires are inputted differently, and ill blow the hondata ecu

alternatively, i thought about betting a engine harness/loom from a civic/integra and modifying it to fit the k20a6 engine, but this seems like a longer solution

anyway, if anyone has any advice, that would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Old 06-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Is it possible to run A Hondata Prepped K20 ECU on a K20A6 Engine Harness w/ no t

From what I recall from Hondata, you cannot disable the immobilizer by simply using their hardware/software interface.
The purpose of using these systems is to get a custom tuned setup, and not just to be used to bypass key security systems. This is expected to be tuned/mapped.

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpr...l?features.htm

I've seen several ECUs that are not on the standard list (like your Accord) be sent to a Hondata dealer to be prepped and calibrated, but not swapped to have it's immobilizer removed.
Having said that, your best bet is to contact Hondata, or a Hondata dealer to see other options, after you've seen their support site and gone through their Hondata forums.

https://www.hondata.com/technical-information

In order to not have an immobilzer at all, you must substitute then entire system for a standalone, such as an AEM EMS, Haltech, Motec, Autronic, MicroTech, etc.

Please put a location/region in your user profile so that we know what markets are available to you to help further in other topics, please.