Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

PLX Wideband to KPro V4 Install - Correct Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLX Wideband to KPro V4 Install - Correct Diagram?

Hey all,
I know this question has been answered a few times, but I'm still not 100% confident I'm wiring my PLX wideband to my Kpro V4 correctly. Does the attached diagram accurately depict the correct setup? (NOTE that i'm not using the TX connection method as depicted in this diagram from the S2000 board which is making me second guess myself https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-force ... 4-1195893/)
Thanks!

Old 03-28-2021, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: PLX Wideband to KPro V4 Install - Correct Diagram?

DO NOT ground the PLX box to the ground on either the digital or analog plugs found on the S300 board... you will destroy it. Ground that wire to either the ECU ground wire or the engine harness main ground at the thermostat housing.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
DO NOT ground the PLX box to the ground on either the digital or analog plugs found on the S300 board... you will destroy it. Ground that wire to either the ECU ground wire or the engine harness main ground at the thermostat housing.
Thanks for the feedback! I think my diagram was inadequate. I don't (think) I'm grounding the PLX box to the kpro board. I updated the diagram with where I intend on grounding the box (see stared items).

If I've still got it wrong, my question is then: Where do i ground the analog ground wire coming off the kpro board?

Old 03-29-2021, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by carloverx
Thanks for the feedback! I think my diagram was inadequate. I don't (think) I'm grounding the PLX box to the kpro board. I updated the diagram with where I intend on grounding the box (see stared items).

If I've still got it wrong, my question is then: Where do i ground the analog ground wire coming off the kpro board?
You absolutely ground the sensor wire in your diagram to the thermostat housing. You DO NOT ground the black wire on the Hondata board anywhere... you ONLY connect to the red wire.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

You don't have to ground it all the way out on the thermostat housing. Attaching to IGP and PG at your ecu connectors will get you on the same power/ground plane as your ecu so you don't have any offsets.

As mentioned above, never use the kpro inputs for power circuits or you will be buying a new one. They are only for signal levels (5V very low amperage).
Old 04-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
You don't have to ground it all the way out on the thermostat housing. Attaching to IGP and PG at your ecu connectors will get you on the same power/ground plane as your ecu so you don't have any offsets.

As mentioned above, never use the kpro inputs for power circuits or you will be buying a new one. They are only for signal levels (5V very low amperage).
Thanks for the info. I think what's messing me up here is that the Kpro Help wideband page states "If the wideband has an analog ground, then this should be connected to the KPro-III analog ground (marked GND on the board; black wires in the connector)." In any event, everyone here and on the hondata forums agree to just run the single, so that's what I intend to do. 👍

​​​​​
Old 04-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

The PLX doesn’t have an analog ground, so that backs up everything you see here.