Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

octane booster until retune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default octane booster until retune?

so I’ve been searching around the net trying to find a solid answer but no luck. Here is the situation. Hoping this is the he right section to post this , but here’s goes. I’m picking up my next car in a week. The car is currently tuned on 93 pump gas where it is located, but here in Cali, we only have 91. I’m driving the car back home from Texas so I have no idea what the octane rating is along the way for each gas station I’m going to get to. Keep in mind as soon as I get the car home I’m going to obviously get the car retuned for 91, but my question is, will octane booster help me every time I fill up to get home? I roughly calculated the amount of stops I’m going to need for gas and it’s aprox. 4 fill ups to make it home. Thanks for all your input in advance
Old 10-20-2017, 08:33 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: octane booster until retune?

Originally Posted by Stylzon2
so I’ve been searching around the net trying to find a solid answer but no luck. Here is the situation. Hoping this is the he right section to post this , but here’s goes. I’m picking up my next car in a week. The car is currently tuned on 93 pump gas where it is located, but here in Cali, we only have 91. I’m driving the car back home from Texas so I have no idea what the octane rating is along the way for each gas station I’m going to get to. Keep in mind as soon as I get the car home I’m going to obviously get the car retuned for 91, but my question is, will octane booster help me every time I fill up to get home? I roughly calculated the amount of stops I’m going to need for gas and it’s aprox. 4 fill ups to make it home. Thanks for all your input in advance
Yep, you'll be more than fine with a little octane booster. You went seven need it every full up on the way back.