Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Neptune Setup Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neptune Setup Issues

Hey guys, so I watches a couple vids on getting started with neptune, followed the directions, and ran into some issues.

It said I needed to update the firmware after asking to validate the key (this is a second handed demon 2 obd1 I bought off ebay). After I updated to 1.9, I started neptune and it did not ask for any key validation, actually two windows opened, one saying I'm connected and the other saying it was disconnected. I close the window saying it was disconnected and started using the one that said connected, and went on from there to create a basemap so my car can run.

Went through the standard procedure for the neptune basic basemap creator, I chose p75 as my ecu (have no clue what it really is, p04 perhaps? Does this matter?) and p75 as the map. The (ve?) table popped up, and I saved it in the neptune folder as my basemap tune. I then tried uploading it several times, and then would attempt starting the car afterwards and I could not get the car to start, thus I'm not sure if the map is loading properly.

Previous to this I started the car on presumably the prior owner's map, I believe it was for a turbo build and it idled pretty high/rich from the smell. I am unaware of why the map isn't changing to what I uploaded, because I think if it were then the car would start up no problem (b20b engine, sorry forgot to mention)

Sorry for long post but tldr; map isn't uploading, b20b engine, need a basic map so I can get smogged (shitty cpk sensor is bad and I know the obd1 doesn't detect it so I would like to run a basic map for my engine just for smog/daily driving until I get the turbo installed)