Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Haltech Platinum PRO Boxes for B, D, H and F Series Motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haltech Platinum PRO Boxes for B, D, H and F Series Motors

Didnt see it mentioned here so I thought I would help by making a post.

Recently Haltech released custom firmware for their PRO Series Boxes that allows one to use them universally on any motor that can be setup on a standard 24 + 1 Crank/Cam Trigger.

Previously you could only use the PRO Plugin boxes on the vehicles and engines they were designed to be used with and the factory trigger patterns.

Now, there is a custom firmware that one can upload to a S2000 Pro Box that allows one to fit it to a standard B-Series setup using Distributor (Mag Sensors) or fit Hall Effect sensors and use the K-Series Box (ie, AEM EPM). This gives us nice options for Direct Coil on Plug (ie using K-Coils on a B-Series) along with all options Haltech already has built in to their software.

So ANY engine you can fit two Mag Sensors to, and give the ECU an evenly spaced 24 tooth count per Engine Cycle to the Crank input (trigger), and 1 count per cycle to the Cam input (home) you can use an S2000 Pro Plugin Box for (you must wire on new connectors or build a jumper).

ANY engine you can fit two Hall Effect Sensors to, and give the ECU an evenly spaced 24 tooth count per Engine Cycle to the Crank input (trigger), and 1 count per cycle to the Cam input (home) you can use an K-Series Pro Plugin Box for (you must wire on new connectors or build a jumper).

Likewise there are other options...and you can get creative, but none the less, FABULOUS options to use Haltech on your Honda.

From the Haltech Website:
Added selectable Multitooth 24 + 1 Home trigger type to AP1,DC5,EP3,R32,R34,R34GTt,S15,Y61,Z32,Z33 Pro Pluin Boxes
Honda variants support Multitooth 24+1 Home with Falling Edge Trigger, Rising Edge Home
Nissan variants support Multitooth 24+1 Home with Rising Edge Trigger, Falling Edge Home
Old 12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts
Default Re: Haltech Platinum PRO Boxes for B, D, H and F Series Motors

That's funny, I was just reading some threads about running PS1000/2000 with the Honda distributor. This is cool news, I'm a big fan of Haltech's products (even though I'm nowhere near in the market for an ems).