Notices

what motor do i need

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what motor do i need

so im new here and new to honda motors and looking for some answers. Im planning on build a rock buggy with a honda reverse rotation motor and transaxle. i would like to run a draw thru turbo setup on propane which would not use the engine management system. so are there any motors that use just the distributor for timing so its not an issue when i delete the computer. im wondering which motor to use i dont want vtec cause it wont see that high of rpm's and i want it cheap but still good power and a strong transaxle.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what motor do i need

i think you could use the stock distributer. i belive when it spins the sensor(crank sensor) will produce a voltage, the sensor would output to a points box (mag hookup on MSD box's) points box sends sig to coil, and u good to go. although you'd be stuck with a flat timing number.

i think you could use a d series, b series, H series, or F series (not s2k F series)
Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The b18b ls motor is a reverse rotation motor. On extreme 4x4 on spike tv they built a buggy using on of these motors. They are cheap too.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me be the first to ask why propane and a draw-thru setup? It's easy enough to build a blow-thru carb setup that you shouldn't even be thinking of an awful draw-thru setup. Carbon seals and bad throttle response, gross.

Secondly, why even propane in the first place? You could build a D-series with Vitara's that will run better on 87 octane than a draw-thru B-series on propane.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the reason he is running propane is because you can be at extreme angles on the trail and the carb wont choke out on you like it would with gasoline.

Im wondering is a turbo is even going to have a chance to spool up when ur rock crawling, it seems like you would only be on and off the gas for very short periods of time??
Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

572 BBC and call it a day...

Uhhhhhh yeah all 88-00 (as well as others) Honda engines are reverse rotation motors.... LMAFO... (CCW)
Old 09-08-2009, 05:17 PM
New User

first of all thanks for the advice. the reason for propane less electronics, runs upside down, and to be different. and a draw thru because its the best way to run a propane turbo setup. and with the right turbo it will spool right of idle.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM
New User

Originally Posted by DaveF
i think you could use the stock distributer. i belive when it spins the sensor(crank sensor) will produce a voltage, the sensor would output to a points box (mag hookup on MSD box's) points box sends sig to coil, and u good to go. although you'd be stuck with a flat timing number.

i think you could use a d series, b series, H series, or F series (not s2k F series)
you say flat timing but dosen't msd make a box that you can setup the timing curve.