Checking b20 block for warpage

Old 09-23-2018, 10:54 AM
K-G
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking b20 block for warpage

I have a b series block Iím rebuilding for my eg but im just wondering what size feeler gauge I should use to check the straightness of my block.
I have a d series Haynes manual and Iíve looked in there but I donít want to go off that because itís for d series and Iím not sure if itís the same for b series and just want to be sure. I have tried searching to find such a simple answer for this question as I usually do but cannot find this information for some reason.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:53 PM
K-G
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Checking b20 block for warpage

Bump
Old 09-23-2018, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Block shouldn't be more than .0015"... chances are good you won't find a feeler gauge set that starts with a thousandths or a thou and a half. You will do better with an engineers ruler and a set of calipers.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:55 AM
K-G
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the reply. I might have a feeler gauge that has that size. Iím at work at the moment but will check when I get home. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: