Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Rumors, Myths and Flat Out Lies...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Individuals who own drag race teams need to concentrate on the one thing they do best............race.

Bottom of the line, team owners need to concentrate on racing......... marketing and business is a whole humongous responsibility in itself...............
The teams are going to need implement a Jerry Mcquire type of individual to handle marketing and sponsorships. Someone who obviously will work on commision and go out and concentrate on finding sposnosrships and networking relationships for the race team.

Racers need to be racers................... and racers need Jerry Mcquire types to handle the sponsorships and marketing.

As far as people wanting to chase their dreams in the Sport Compact Industry. Don't give up on your dreams but chase them step by step. Take care or prioritize what is first important. (School,rent, food , family, tickets, etc) Whatevers left, budget accordingly to go racing locally or nationally. Bottom of the line, race within your means. Do whatever you can to either work harder or figure creative ways to find sponsorships but participate within your financial means. One thing is for sure ..........it will not happen overnight or in one year. It takes time. Whatever your position is financially in participating in the sport enjoy it, don't over extend yourself financially to the point where it is not fun anymore. As long as you keep at it and race in the Sport Compact Industry for the love of it, good things will come.

A lot of the PROS in the classes started out as grasroots racers and progressed over a number and I mean a number of years. The other PROS involved are just plain rich and have established successful businesses that help fund their PRO Racing.

The Industry is tough, really really tough and their is absolutely no reason to stop what you love to do.

By the way on a side note. John Force was living in his semi truck in the very beginnings of his racing career before he even started winning. He just never gave up.

Just a suggestion of course.

Modified by bergenholtzracing at 7:27 PM 11/11/2005
Old 11-11-2005, 05:57 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Default Re: (k-series)

Drag racing is not really fading, only expensive, unreliable, import drag racing is fading. I know the track owner where I live and No Problem Raceway is doing better each year. This year would have been even better if it weren't for fema taking away their NHRA race. Apparently domestic drag racing is not fading in our region.

I've seen and even hosted drift events with the typical drifter wannabes. They are nothing compared to seeing pro events with tandem runs, drifters 2 feet from each other going sideways at 80 miles an hour... definitely entertaining. Unfortunately, I've NEVER seen crowds screaming at an import drag event the way they do at professional drift competitions.

Our sport is fading, we need to accept it. I think NDRA has the right idea merging domestics into SC events. I'm doing the same with our series adding Import VS Domestic events at each location.

In my opinion, one of the main reasons we're having lower attendance is because the scene is over saturated with so many shows. Of course it is a business for the promoters, but I think all the promoters can help each other by staying in seperate regions and scheduling on seperate dates. One series is on the east coast while others are elsewhere. I think it's best for everyone if each series stays at their own location and does not move in on another series' territory. It's better for both of the promoters and better for the entire scene as a whole in that it won't become over saturated. As a promoter myself, I stick to locations where none of the series' already are. NDRA posted their 2006 schedule in hopes that the other series' would schedule around them. I'll do the same... Import Face-Off and Street Trends, our new Import VS Domestic event , will be in the following cities in 2006....

Hybrid Entertainment - Tentative schedule

Houston, TX - Import Face-Off - Jan. - drift and show only
Baton Rouge, LA - Import Face-Off - Feb 26 - drag, drift, and show
San Antonio, TX - Import Face-Off - Feb - drag and show
Montgomery, AL - Street Trends - March - drag and show
Shreveport, LA - Import Face-Off - March - drag and show
Oklahoma City, OK - Import Face-Off - April - drag and show
Kansas City, MO - Street Trends - May - drag and show
Dayton, OH - Street Trends - June - drag, drift, and show
Dayton, OH - Import Face-Off - August - drag, drift, and show
Kansas City, MO - Import Face-Off - September - drag and show
Baton Rouge, LA - Street Trends - October - drag, drift, and show
Montgomery, AL - Import Face-Off - November - drag and show
San Antonio, TX - Street Trends - December - drag and show

http://www.ImportFaceOff.com
http://www.StreetTrends.net (under construction)

Modified by GSRcaucAZN78 at 3:19 AM 11/12/2005
Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omg just read in B.S magazine stephanie is gonna be driving jon force's funny car next year lol
Old 11-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GSRcaucAZN78)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRcaucAZN78 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Drag racing is not really fading, only expensive, unreliable, import drag racing is fading. I know the track owner where I live and No Problem Raceway is doing better each year. This year would have been even better if it weren't for fema taking away their NHRA race. Apparently domestic drag racing is not fading in our region.

I've seen and even hosted drift events with the typical drifter wannabes. They are nothing compared to seeing pro events with tandem runs, drifters 2 feet from each other going sideways at 80 miles an hour... definitely entertaining. Unfortunately, I've NEVER seen crowds screaming at an import drag event the way they do at professional drift competitions.

Our sport is fading, we need to accept it. I think NDRA has the right idea merging domestics into SC events. I'm doing the same with our series adding Import VS Domestic events at each location.

In my opinion, one of the main reasons we're having lower attendance is because the scene is over saturated with so many shows. Of course it is a business for the promoters, but I think all the promoters can help each other by staying in seperate regions and scheduling on seperate dates. One series is on the east coast while others are elsewhere. I think it's best for everyone if each series stays at their own location and does not move in on another series' territory. It's better for both of the promoters and better for the entire scene as a whole in that it won't become over saturated. As a promoter myself, I stick to locations where none of the series' already are. NDRA posted their 2006 schedule in hopes that the other series' would schedule around them. I'll do the same... Import Face-Off and Street Trends, our new Import VS Domestic event , will be in the following cities in 2006....

Hybrid Entertainment - Tentative schedule

Houston, TX - Import Face-Off - Jan. - drift and show only
Baton Rouge, LA - Import Face-Off - Feb 26 - drag, drift, and show
San Antonio, TX - Import Face-Off - Feb - drag and show
Montgomery, AL - Street Trends - March - drag and show
Shreveport, LA - Import Face-Off - March - drag and show
Oklahoma City, OK - Import Face-Off - April - drag and show
Kansas City, MO - Street Trends - May - drag and show
Dayton, OH - Street Trends - June - drag, drift, and show
Dayton, OH - Import Face-Off - August - drag, drift, and show
Kansas City, MO - Import Face-Off - September - drag and show
Baton Rouge, LA - Street Trends - October - drag, drift, and show
Montgomery, AL - Import Face-Off - November - drag and show
San Antonio, TX - Street Trends - December - drag and show

http://www.ImportFaceOff.com
http://www.StreetTrends.net (under construction)

Modified by GSRcaucAZN78 at 3:19 AM 11/12/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry Drifting is nothing more than a waste of time and tires. it shows nothing more than the already known fact that our industry is run by fast and furious morons. sorry all drifting is, is a car show cause all you need is a judge to like you for you to win.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: (bergenholtzracing)

Damn Ron, well said.

A small problem with new outside sponsors coming in. Certain racers eyes are bigger than there dedication and scare off large companies into ever returning to the sport and if you dont think pepsi talks to burgerking or coke talks to mcdonalds who in turn talks to gillette and then....well you get the point.

Focus on what you can do, not what you think you can do possibly if all the stars align. that will be a great start on moving forward.

It takes money to make money so where do you really start...I guess as the janitor, bite your tongue, and work your way to the top.

I am always down to help people with their proposals and try to get them elevated in the industry, sure I am busy but I do what I can...then again I don't race I am at the track for promotional purposes.

It is tough for racers to market when they got to concentrate on their car the entire time (again ron) a marketing guru is needed to help promote the team and all the sponsors from that team.

Oh yeah total jack there sorry Steph...hehe. I got your back girl been working on a few things for you anyways and almost done with your hero cards.