Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Ignition is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Better than steak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (Suprdave)

shut up dave, you don't have a clue either.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (Arturbo)

You are right...Im doomed to a career as a stunt ****.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (Lei Siew Long)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lei Siew Long &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So, are the M&W boxes only made for Drag racing and they wouldn't be applicable in a street car? </TD></TR></TABLE>

M&W has one box that is drag race only and very high output, but the rest are for street/track use.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (tony1)

Tony1 no us dealers or price can you get these and how much you can PM if you want. Thnx
Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (NRN GT4)

you do realize when that m&w box dies your gonna have to ship it all the way back to Australia for warranty repair....LOL...hope you like waiting weeks just for shipping alone....plus the cost of shipping that far....m&w
Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (2k.civic.si)

Shipping cost ETC is why I asked if there was a US dealer. IF there isnt then oh well if it performs the way its supposed to and actually works unlike MSD then I will be glad to pay for the shipping for a product that works but not for one that doesnt. Trust me alot of thought is going to my build and Im trying to cover all my bases and even if this is the case then MSD will still be out IMO.

I am researching crane and some otheres right now but havent had alot of time. Thanks for pointing out that fact because to be honest GETTING it here was my primary concern but you did bring up a good piont.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is scaring me. I bought a Digi6+ a couple months ago, but havn't got the car running yet.

I hope i'm an exception to the "Unreliable MSD" issues.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: (Bryson)

I was leaning towards a Digi 6 or 7 but I have a freind that has one and Im not ture sure how its hooked up as far as the two step portion but it doesnt work. I do know that the day after install the ignitor went out, then after a new one was placed in a week later the ignitor burned out again. In goes the stock **** and no problem in 1 year. But that was the only run-in that I have with the Digi 6
Old 03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k.civic.si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you do realize when that m&w box dies your gonna have to ship it all the way back to Australia for warranty repair....LOL...hope you like waiting weeks just for shipping alone....plus the cost of shipping that far....m&w </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, yea, that's what i would do, ship it to australia, i wouldn't want to just drop it off at Aussie Imports and have Steve take a look at it, i'd much rather send it to austraila.

let me see, Lexington, KY is 40 miles from me, Austraila is like 12k miles, yep Austraila is better. i love being clueless.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (seen4ever)

I agree but when I looked at the site I didnt see anything for US dealers? Do you have information that we dont? If so please share
Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (NRN GT4)

my local autronic's sellsman and importer of all autronics in the US, Aussie Imports sells M&W products.

http://www.aussieimportsllc.com/
Old 03-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

M&W ignition, would be compared to an msd digital 6?.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the link!!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahaha, yea, that's what i would do, ship it to australia, i wouldn't want to just drop it off at Aussie Imports and have Steve take a look at it, i'd much rather send it to austraila.

let me see, Lexington, KY is 40 miles from me, Austraila is like 12k miles, yep Austraila is better. i love being clueless.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol..now a reseller has the proper training in electronics and equipment to diagnose problems....not to mention the schematics he would need from the manufacturer to even have a clue how the parts are interconnected in the PCB.....and no manufacturer will hand out schematics....so yes it will be getting shiped all the way to aussie land to be repaired...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:33 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k.civic.si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol..now a reseller has the proper training in electronics and equipment to diagnose problems....not to mention the schematics he would need from the manufacturer to even have a clue how the parts are interconnected in the PCB.....and no manufacturer will hand out schematics....so yes it will be getting shiped all the way to aussie land to be repaired... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why are you ***uming through all of this that it is going to need to be repaired. Your logic is like going w/ an AEM over an autronic because when the AEM breaks you can send it somewhere in the U.S, but the thing is the autronic won't ever break! Have a bit of an open mind dude! All these guys aren't just saying this stuff about MSD because it's fun.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k.civic.si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol..now a reseller has the proper training in electronics and equipment to diagnose problems....not to mention the schematics he would need from the manufacturer to even have a clue how the parts are interconnected in the PCB.....and no manufacturer will hand out schematics....so yes it will be getting shiped all the way to aussie land to be repaired... </TD></TR></TABLE>

It an ignition, not the space shuttle. Any person who can do even the slightest bit of electronics repair can figure out an ignition, even without the proper documentation. You just look for the part that used to be on fire and thats the problem.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:03 AM
Better than steak

are you the same guy that was arguing about autronic's auto tune feature video?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you the same guy that was arguing about autronic's auto tune feature video?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm sure he think's autronic autotune is clueless too
Old 03-31-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (DIRep972)

Very good point, if it never breaks which its not supposed to then there will be no need to ship it anyplace. QUALITY is the key word here.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
JL
Honda-Tech Member

sometimes people get too deep into bashing something that they've gone too far to admit they were wrong and be done, without losing all respect. even after being proven wrong.. basically hes 'pot committed'
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (JL)

all i see is heresay and opinions...no facts...continue spewing forth bs
Old 03-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k.civic.si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all i see is heresay and opinions...no facts...continue spewing forth bs</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you don't know who Tony1 is......

I don't think you would make the comments you have if you did really know who and what he is involved with.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ignition is it worth it? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i've had low resistance wires cause some real weird **** to happen on the dyno from RF noise! lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

just by tony1's post ive seen enough...if he had his equipment properly grounded it would not be effected by EMI or RF.....i have degree's in electronics bro...dont get me started
Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theory is great in school and all but in the real world thing dont always work like that. other wise we would never be making steps forward in the evolution of race cars (right??)
Old 03-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just by tony1's post ive seen enough...if he had his equipment properly grounded it would not be effected by EMI or RF.....i have degree's in electronics bro...dont get me started</TD></TR></TABLE>

everyone raise your hand who had Bob Norwood offer you a job position.

Quick Reply: Ignition is it worth it?