Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Chasebays & Rywire Has anyone done business with these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chasebays & Rywire Has anyone done business with these guys?

rywire gave my friend the same run around on his harness and when he got it over a month later he had to take it apart and run wires for the injectors the reverse light and add bigger gauge wire for the alt and starter **** looked like it was dental floss.to top it all off they must be paying color blind people to make there harness cause the **** dident match up and he had to get wiring diagrams out to figure out what went where on a plug and play harness.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

These aren't used dirty harnesses. They use brand new connectors, pins, good shrink, etc. Crap takes time and you don't go to radio shack and buy a tps sensor connector at Qty. 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

disregard the fact that they are "top notch" harnesses and think about communication..

good business=good communication with customers..not just a good product..
Old 07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there...
I know exactly what customer this is, and I personally called him last week.
Yes, we quoted him 2 weeks. The harness was near done after the 2 weeks. Peter didnt have the harness infront of him, and said 1.5 more weeks to be on the safe side. If its a huge deal I try my best to have the harnesses done for the customers needs. I promptly called him back even after many emails back to back saying some really not so nice things!!
I told him ill have it asap! He said no, i got one from Chase. As you know Chase used to work for me, and moved on to his own stuff (which is fine). I said, great get his, and you will have your car running soon im sure. I was just looking out for him, if I cant get it done, someone else can. We put in the refund same day.... So im sure his bank account reflects that by now.

As for why it takes so long... I am 1 person making all the harnesses, we do huge volume! As it is I work 12 hour days... With all the popularity on custom harnesses (that sometimes take 24hours to make) Its really hard for me to get it all done, thats why we have a lead time. Not all harnesses are a lead, but guys come on!! Think about this, its CUSTOM for Fukks sake.
How many people send off there engines to be built, it takes 6months!! My harness is like 2 weeks or a tad more if I get swamped. I try not to make excuses, but geez. I bet you never thought about it that way!?
-Ryan (Rywire.com)
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by notorq dc2
These aren't used dirty harnesses. They use brand new connectors, pins, good shrink, etc. Crap takes time and you don't go to radio shack and buy a tps sensor connector at Qty. 1 or 2.

disregard the fact that they are "top notch" harnesses and think about communication..

good business=good communication with customers..not just a good product..[/QUOTE]

I replied to him right away, I couldnt deliver, promptly gave his money back. I could have also cussed him out on the phone for the way he treated me, but I kept cool and pretended like I never read his emails.
-Ryan
Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done business with Rywire. They did an excellent job and even had great service after the sale!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 AM
WestSPEC

I want a rywire milspec harness.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rywire

good business=good communication with customers..not just a good product..

I replied to him right away, I couldnt deliver, promptly gave his money back. I could have also cussed him out on the phone for the way he treated me, but I kept cool and pretended like I never read his emails.
-Ryan[/QUOTE]

fair enough, im just replying on behalf of what i have read. I dont know the full story.

Im almost certain that there is more to it i dont know either, just replying where i see fits..
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlazedD
ME 2
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlazedD
I wanted one too!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was told my harness was done and needed labels the day I ordered it. 3 weeks to add labels? You must have trained chase well cause the companies are very similar! Good Luck!

Hi there...
I know exactly what customer this is, and I personally called him last week.
Yes, we quoted him 2 weeks. The harness was near done after the 2 weeks. Peter didnt have the harness infront of him, and said 1.5 more weeks to be on the safe side. If its a huge deal I try my best to have the harnesses done for the customers needs. I promptly called him back even after many emails back to back saying some really not so nice things!!
I told him ill have it asap! He said no, i got one from Chase. As you know Chase used to work for me, and moved on to his own stuff (which is fine). I said, great get his, and you will have your car running soon im sure. I was just looking out for him, if I cant get it done, someone else can. We put in the refund same day.... So im sure his bank account reflects that by now.

As for why it takes so long... I am 1 person making all the harnesses, we do huge volume! As it is I work 12 hour days... With all the popularity on custom harnesses (that sometimes take 24hours to make) Its really hard for me to get it all done, thats why we have a lead time. Not all harnesses are a lead, but guys come on!! Think about this, its CUSTOM for Fukks sake.
How many people send off there engines to be built, it takes 6months!! My harness is like 2 weeks or a tad more if I get swamped. I try not to make excuses, but geez. I bet you never thought about it that way!?
-Ryan (Rywire.com)
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome to Business 101.

you get popular, you get swamped. Don't have the personnel to do it then you don't take the order. Have the personnel then you better make sure they're quality.

it takes 1 bad deal or unhappy customer to destroy a business.

goodluck to you all.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why people need to "wire tuck" everything is beyond me. What happens when you need to troubleshoot something?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as another business owner i dont think its a great idea to put another one on blast because of a simple timeline issue. they both do great work but things like harnesses take time.

if you wanted an exact timeline i think you could have went to sakatas. or james lin. they will give you the best of the best but your gonna pay the price.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

actually Sakata is not that pricey! I was suprised that his harness's are relativly cheap considering all the work and materials.

Materials is what cost, tefzel wiring, bulkhead connectors, raychem dr-25 sh*t aint cheap thats for sure!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM
i HAS questions ?

I've done business several times with both of them and had positive experiences each time. Peter and Ryan are very helpful. I can vouch for Ryan working long days too because some of his email responses were in the middle of the night.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

well lets just say that chase learned how to make the harness's he makes now from ryan, and ryan has been doing it for 10+ years

i always go with rywire for all my electrical needs, even if i have some troubleshooting quesitons that have no relation to his parts, he's always willing to lend a helping hand

rywire gets a thumbup in my book
Old 07-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys, The Business 101 comment is true, I have someone I pay to work for me and setup harnesses, but I cant trust there work fully. If you want a quality product you have to make sure I can go over each and every harness with a fine tooth comb.
James Lin does some great work, but if you wanted him to make you a harness in 2 weeks he will laugh in your face. I have friends that have been on his waiting list before...

sgnlab, its more than just putting on labels, they dont work that way!! Its a heat shrink sleeve you have to make a new harness, you dont just "put them on". The pins wont fit over them that way. All my premade harnesses are non labeled because the majority of people dont want them.

-Ryan

EDIT:
I also apologize to our customers that I can not always answer the phone, if I had been able to answer im sure this thread would not exist. Peter answers the phone, and tries his best. He sees a harness thats basically done, and things its exactly whats ordered... I have to correct him in this case and set him straight. He told you longer, so if it comes sooner we look good, but in this case it worked against us. In a perfect world I need 3 of me, 2 to make harnesses and 1 for the phone... Sorry world.

Last edited by Rywire; 07-02-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So tell this to your employee so that way he doesnt explain it that way! I told him if it was going to be a long wait that I would just go out and do it myself its not rocket science and he blew smoke up my *** to get me to pay!

Thanks guys, The Business 101 comment is true, I have someone I pay to work for me and setup harnesses, but I cant trust there work fully. If you want a quality product you have to make sure I can go over each and every harness with a fine tooth comb.
James Lin does some great work, but if you wanted him to make you a harness in 2 weeks he will laugh in your face. I have friends that have been on his waiting list before...

sgnlab, its more than just putting on labels, they dont work that way!! Its a heat shrink sleeve you have to make a new harness, you dont just "put them on". The pins wont fit over them that way. All my premade harnesses are non labeled because the majority of people dont want them.

-Ryan

EDIT:
I also apologize to our customers that I can not always answer the phone, if I had been able to answer im sure this thread would not exist. Peter answers the phone, and tries his best. He sees a harness thats basically done, and things its exactly whats ordered... I have to correct him in this case and set him straight. He told you longer, so if it comes sooner we look good, but in this case it worked against us. In a perfect world I need 3 of me, 2 to make harnesses and 1 for the phone... Sorry world.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the record I have built OVER 10,000 harnesses and if a few customers are unhappy, well I think we are doing pretty well overall.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sgnlab
So tell this to your employee so that way he doesnt explain it that way! I told him if it was going to be a long wait that I would just go out and do it myself its not rocket science and he blew smoke up my *** to get me to pay!

I already had a word with him, he understands and he said he was sorry for any timing confusion.

True, its not rocket science, but ive been building custom harnesses since 2000 and I have a very good grasp on what it takes to make something work well. Huge companies call me every day to help them with there cars, I spend hours and hours free of charge troubleshooting cars that I have never seen/ worked on.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the record I have built OVER 10,000 harnesses and if a few customers are unhappy, well I think we are doing pretty well overall.
Great way to think of it!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I already had a word with him, he understands and he said he was sorry for any timing confusion.

True, its not rocket science, but ive been building custom harnesses since 2000 and I have a very good grasp on what it takes to make something work well. Huge companies call me every day to help them with there cars, I spend hours and hours free of charge troubleshooting cars that I have never seen/ worked on.
Well I am sorry I am not a Huge company amd sorry I didnt spend enough to get some of your free time!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your not a huge company, I help normal people every day, not even customers of mine! You have no idea how caring and helpful I am man! The only time I dont help the do-it-yourselfers is when they ask me for my pin and connector resources, that would not be fair to me. Bro, seriously, you blew this out of control.

I couldnt make you a harness in time, I called you personally, I helped you decide if you wanted to still get a harness from us, or if time was too strained. You cussed me and Peter out many times, I listened to you and gave your money back... I even said I wish you the best, what more do you want!!

You want to hear some ****?! I paid for some wheels from r&d motors like 2 years ago, never got wheels, never got full payment back. He gives me a few dollars from time to time and gives me the run around... If I called and he said he would refund me fully, and all I wasted was some time I would be happy! Be greatfull, we just wasted some time (and Im sorry for that), its not like I stole your money, and your first born. I tried my best and my man Peter is sorry he was confused on the timing!!! Sorry man, what more do you want?!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this thread has more than run it's course, and I don't see any point in letting it go any further

Clayton