Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

borg warner drops bullseye?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: borg warner drops bullseye?

Originally Posted by DC2_117
I heard the same thing last year. That's another reason why I would never get another precision. All their parts are resourced from out of the country. For example, China. Their new billet wheel turbochargers fall apart. The shaft is friction welded together.
what? u must be on some good sh*t or just talking out your as*. lol
Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tom@yoparts.com
I find it midly amusing that nobody posted anything last year when Garrett dropped Precision? .. and amazingly Precision still sells Turbos!

I love Gossip-Tech!
I find it amusing that you are still in business

I heard the same thing last year. That's another reason why I would never get another precision. All their parts are resourced from out of the country. For example, China. Their new billet wheel turbochargers fall apart. The shaft is friction welded together.
What the **** are you even talkin about? Go kick rocks

At the end of the day **** the bandwagon bullshit, what wins races and what sets records? Nothing against garrett as they make a great product but they dont and wont do what Precision does as far as custom units and testing units.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by miller

lol
Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im liking this forum site lately, lol

2010 is all about being real, no more BS.

its funny u say that cause to this day i have never been to his site even though ive seen it advertised all over. aint starting now either
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At the end of the day **** the bandwagon bullshit, what wins races and what sets records? Nothing against garrett as they make a great product but they dont and wont do what Precision does as far as custom units and testing units.
Exactly...

Every turbo has it's pro's and con's... Pick whatever suits your needs and go racing...
And leave the BS, rumors, bad mouthing, etc, at home...
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What the **** are you even talkin about? Go kick rocks

I love real PEOPLE. No fonies in here hahahahaha
Old 01-15-2010, 02:04 PM

I agree, I'm amazed that these people have nothing better to do with there time. I'm not sure were the motivation comes from. Especially the personal slanders. If you have a problem with the product take the advice that was just given and do business else were and if you have a problem with Bill be a big boy, pick up the phone and give him a call. Stop crying and move on. It’s obvious that others are provoking the posts. And my suggestion is simple don't get others to fight your battles, step up. And if that’s not the case then move on. Try checking out Jerry Springer or Dr. Phil I can't see this much drama over the transaction that took place. There has to be more to it.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a BEP turbo on my car and am satisifed with it, and until it just completely takes a dump or falls to pieces, I dont see myself pulling it off right now.

I do however like the new billet stuff precision has come out with. If it werent for the HUGE 67mm turbo thread on here, i would have never even done any researching into the new Billet designs do to my bad personal experience with Precision prior.

I have been eyeballing the same unit that Miller runs, but am extremely buys right now and havent even had time for my own personal car.

HOWEVER, the older precision units, were totally known for not being worth a damn, NOT the newer billet stuff. We have all seen the posts where the turbos **** oil, and lock up, and tear up guts and then of course its the customer fault due to "oil contamination"

I have never had an issue with this from Garrett at all, no bearing issues, no oiling problems, nothing. Neither have I had the issue from a BEP turbo. Both my 6776's from PTE had oiling issues in under 150 miles, my Turbonetics would literally pour oil from the compressor inlet in under 40 miles or so

I also kinda feel there is a little provocation goin on but hey thats life, youre gonna get pushed, proded and led into situations where you ahve to either put up or getyour lunch money took! LOL

Lastly I have seen these threads in the difference from the BEP models to the BW models, and for what its worth the exact wheel diameter preached from one side dont always equal what the others are. I mean if you say "X" turbo has a 25mm wheel and is the same as "Y" turbo but "Y" turbo is actually 26mm, then they are not the same.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love Honda-tech

Every product goes threw some kind of BS, and all any of us can do is research the products in question and make an informed decision.

There are other things besides relaibilty that make a company good, i.e. costumer service, warranties

Last edited by 93supercoupe; 01-15-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: i am re tard
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So much bullshit in this thread. Garrett makes the best turbos hands down.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"This will serve as the offical Bullseye Power response from the company.

It is not open for debate and I will not get into a question and answer session so please do not respond..

Thats correct we are no longer a Borg Warner direct distributor.

For the last year and especially during the last 6 mos, we have purchsed product from other sources. last year Borg Warner made a decision that they would no longer be carring any inventory and that they were on a build to order basis, which is totally understandable in this economy.

We were forced to find other avenues for product besides the products that we make IN-HOUSE at our Muskegon Mi facility.

Nothing has changed at Bullseye Power nor has anything changed with our customers or product.

We do have a lot of exciting new product coming out that we are building IN-House to compliment some of the other products we have created in the past."
This is what Bullseye Power posted regarding their new direction. This answers the OP, but in this thread, there seems to be quite a bit more going on...

I have been lurking through this site for a couple of years now, but only decided to sign-up recently to add my thoughts on this matter. What I am about to write may **** off some people, but please read it through completely and think about it for a minute before commenting.

If you were to step back and read this entire thread, and you don't have a dog in this hunt, you'd see that in this particular thread there are a few people trying to jump on Bullseye Power and beat them down. They complain about poor customer service and inferior product quality. Let's take them one by one:

Poor customer service - How many turbo manufacturers/distributors are doing business in the US today? Are there more than two or three? Of course there are. If Bullseye Power really had the level of customer service described by 90blackcrx, they wouldn't be in business very long. According to the posts on this forum, it seems that everything went to hell when Dan and BEP parted ways, and Bill came in. I have met Bill at the track...just a guy walking through the pits, looking around at his car. He was a very calm and patient person even though he was mentally and physically preparing for his race. He talked to me about his car, the setup a little, and the turbos. He was very approachable in my estimation. I am not dismissing your experience whatsoever 90blackcrx - just telling my story. How many other customers/vendors have tangible evidence that they were mistreated by Bullseye Power? I'm not talking "Hello, Bullseye? Hey, I just bought this turbo from you 6 months ago, built a new engine, and broke the engine in with the new turbo on the dyno. My nice new motor sent break-in sludge (you know - the resulting product when brand new rings hit those nice crosshatched cylinders) and now the turbo is seized...can you cover it under warranty?" - I am talking verifiable manufacturing defects.

Inferior product quality - some in this very thread speak about Bullseye Power rebadging Borg Warner turbos with their BULLSEYE POWER brand while others state that BULLSEYE POWER turbos are built poorly. So which is it? If what they are (were) selling was straight-up BW boxed turbos with their name on it, then the true problem lies with BW, doesn't it? If Bullseye Power can't build a turbo to save their life since Dan left, that doesn't make sense either. Did Dan have time to visit dealers/races AND go to the BEP factory and build turbos too so they wouldn't fall apart? I don't think so. Now that they don't carry BW, they would have to close their doors immediately (unless they were sitting on hundreds of BW turbos in-stock). So which argument is it?

There are some very fast people running BEP turbos today. These are the type of people that will not post in a forum like this if their life depended on it. This is because of all the petty arguing that goes on here constantly. It's the high-school 'click' mentality, and honest, genuine people don't get involved with this crap unless they are trying to hurt someone else. Don't get me wrong - if someone was wronged by a vendor or manufacturer, post it up and let the manufacturer do the right thing to make it better. Reading through some of the posts, though, you can easily point out many of the irregularities.

The pressing question here is why does it seem like a select few are trying to bad-mouth BEP? Is there some deep-seeded resentment over what happened within BEP, or is there someone fanning the flames for their own gains?

I am a current BEP paying customer. I bought my first BEP turbo two years ago (S364), and my engine installer/turbo installer/fabricator broke in my brand-new engine with the turbo installed. It sent trash through the bearings and it smoked like a champ from the very beginning (within 5 minutes of start-up only idling). When I brought the turbo in to BEP, they tore it apart right in front of me, showed me the problem, and I paid for the repairs. It wasn't their fault - it was my installer's. I tried to go after him, but that's another story! Why should BEP pay for someone else's mistakes? They shouldn't. Since then, I have changed to their new CompR 362 turbo. While on the dyno, it detonated, roasted the bearings, and sent material through the turbo again. Two lessons learned here - first, use a turbo oil filter pre-turbo, and secondly, have your boost control working properly before you put the screws to it! Once again, I paid for the repairs out of my own pocket. The moral of this point is: man up to it if it's your problem, and quit trying to blame someone else!

As a consumer, I am excited to hear that there is STILL an American manufacturer that is STILL investing our U.S. Dollars INSIDE our country to manufacture American-made turbochargers. Is there any other company out there still making their own products completely inside the US? BEP has built their units to provide no-compromise performance at an affordable price.

Please keep an open mind when trolling/reading what some people post in here - but not so open that your brains fall out! Bullseye 399 says it quite nicely....leave the soap opera crap for cBS.....
Old 01-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=miller;41252263]I find it amusing that you are still in business

lmfao!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Miller, no offense but I find it amusing everyday that Wallmart is still in business.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell damn near everyone has a business, bums have a business of begging everyday just cause u aint making much doesn't mean u don't have a business.
hell im surprised i still have a business, lol
wont stop me from finishing this car i know that.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EM2Civic
There's always three sides to a story obviously but wether it's garrett, precision, bw, BEP the way the customer was treated was completely unprofessional and if the same was done to me espically if I owned a shop I would let everyone know I would never do business, distribute with X company I don't see much wrong with that am I the only one lol? Doesn't that BBB **** work
You're absolutely right - the truth is somewhere in-between, but that's not the point of this post. This is the BW-BEP thing.

Too bad I can't post in that thread (yet).....it seems there are some inconsistencies in the story there too!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

been pretty happy with my BEP S374.. makes the power they claimed and has been holding up for quite a while now..
-Sam
Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by roadracer4life
been pretty happy with my BEP S374.. makes the power they claimed and has been holding up for quite a while now..
-Sam
Your car boogies!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got our BEP S372R from T1 and had no problems. Dynoed nearly 800whp and 1st run got into the 9s right away(confident this turbo will turn 900+whp).

I'd say we are on the neutral side of everything in this case and have seen companies come and go thru the years. Been in business since late 90s and we are surprised we are still around with this down-hill economy. In the end if you do good and treat people right, it'll bring success. We'll just see how BEP does... only time will tell. If they do good, they will be rewarded!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran a S366 I just cant stand the poor vband design combined with the crappy flange and john deer clamp that doesnt hold.

The turbo was great though.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So what was the whole conclusion about the whole who's dropping who issue? What was ultimately the conclusion of this whole thread?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rob!
I ran a S366 I just cant stand the poor vband design combined with the crappy flange and john deer clamp that doesnt hold.

The turbo was great though.
John deer clamp? I'm guessing you had the 3.5" t4 housing? My s366 has the t3 vband, no problems here, looks just like all the other v band setups I've seen.

My BEP on my daily went 11.0 @ 138, pump gas, open diff, 2500lbs with a 1.9 sixty foot. Nothing spectacular but it still works unlike my "oil contaminated" precision. I got that **** twice from those bastards and damn did it take them forever to send me back another jacked up unit.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had great customer service with bep.. unspeakably great service from these guys.