Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/)
-   -   borg warner drops bullseye? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/borg-warner-drops-bullseye-2709934/)

miller 01-12-2010 04:02 PM

borg warner drops bullseye?

I have heard about this, can anyone share any insight to the details?

redboost10 01-12-2010 04:22 PM

Re: borg warner drops bullseye?

im sure you have read this post, but just in case not, bill chimed in on the second page...
* = yellow bullet
http://www.************.com/forum/sh...+warner&page=2

Shea561 01-12-2010 04:23 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm

josh green 01-12-2010 04:35 PM

rota92 01-12-2010 04:57 PM

When did people see a drop in quality? Possibly when they started looking for new parts for their turbos?

I'd love to run something else, but to get the car running...can't beat the price haha

97VRT 01-12-2010 05:18 PM

Sooooo this turbo i have that needs to be rebuilt....i should not send it back to them?

90blackcrx 01-12-2010 05:22 PM

I'm glad we got out when we did, ever since I posted about our bad experience I'm hearing so much bulls shit about "Wild" Bill Devine.

FRernesto 01-12-2010 05:30 PM

It must be time for real change, some times it's better to put aside the old and in with the new.

90blackcrx 01-12-2010 05:31 PM

I just read Bill's response and the reasoning, who knows, it could be true but if they dropped bullseye for other reasons, you think we'd really find out the real answer. They probably were just sick of hearing Bill answering the phone.

cibao2ner 01-12-2010 06:47 PM

before bulleye the garrett gt42 was the king..maybe garrett will step up again..or precision...

josh green 01-12-2010 06:59 PM

I havent seen a comparison of the BEP 72 and the new Precision 72. I know that some of the fastest people are running the Precision units and some are also on the BEP. I am sure the precision 72's will gain some popularity from guys that are wanting to make that much more power ( if it does, i personally dont know) and or longer life span, but those things are BIG $$$$$.
I would imagine that if your BEP turbo needs rebuilding that they can do it, and if not then I am sure borg warner can, I doubt that part of the turbo has changed by BEP.

RootBur 01-12-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by 97VRT (Post 41220026)
Sooooo this turbo i have that needs to be rebuilt....i should not send it back to them?

uglyasscivic 01-12-2010 09:07 PM

I heard about this the other day, good news imo...

Precision stepped it up the last couple years and they have been helping out the racers in the domestic market big time.

Borg, Garrett and Precision are all great to deal with.

Zer0_SpeedWorks 01-12-2010 09:29 PM

i totally agree...

as i see here in drag racing forum,there have been a couple of bad exp with bep these past few months...

oh well

GodFather of Boost 01-12-2010 09:43 PM

IMO Garrett was and probably will always be king as far as reliability.
Precision is really steping it up though as far as making power with their new wheel designs.

ALL IMPORT 01-13-2010 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by cibao2ner (Post 41221091)
before bulleye the garrett gt42 was the king..maybe garrett will step up again..or precision...

where u been?

bullseye was never on top jsut a bunch of words people were typing about thats what got them popular.
precision is still on top

1992Si 01-13-2010 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by 97VRT (Post 41220026)

I would contact "turbodano" on that. Not deal with wild bill

SPOOLINmatt 01-13-2010 04:36 AM

its all a matter of opinion you cant deny BEP and their power production vs cost vs cross platform compatibility vs their competition. I love mine, and im not trying to run 8's right now so i don't need a $3,000 Turbo.

xsi-t 01-13-2010 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by redboost10 (Post 41219374)
im sure you have read this post, but just in case not, bill chimed in on the second page...
* = yellow bullet
http://www.************.com/forum/sh...+warner&page=2

link not working

Autoworks 01-13-2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by miller (Post 41219143)
I have heard about this, can anyone share any insight to the details?

Did Borg "drop" BEP...yes. But that actually has nothing to do with the recent activity and bad press that some would like to think. The situation didn't come about overnight. It basically stemmed from a "supply/demand" matter. Borg wasn't stocking and getting the needed parts over as they used to which was leading to excessive wait times. In turn BEP had to source the parts from other dealers to keep theire customers from having to wait. This made the purchase #s drop from Borg, causing Borg to drop them. BEP was doing what they had to do to fill theire customers orders in a timely manner. BEP is doing fine, still handeling their business, shipping orders and taking care of their customers.

Edit: FWIW, BEP was not the only co dropped.
Greg

JusAnother1 01-13-2010 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by xsi-t (Post 41224946)
link not working

You have to replace the ***'s with yellow bullet - one word

izzles01 01-13-2010 09:06 AM

Damn thats insane, Guess Ill drop it too lol lol

raene 01-13-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt (Post 41224661)
its all a matter of opinion you cant deny BEP and their power production vs cost vs cross platform compatibility vs their competition. I love mine, and im not trying to run 8's right now so i don't need a $3,000 Turbo.

Well said. "best" has nothing to do with "cost effective", haha :beer: At some point that extra 30-50hp becomes more cost effective to get the "best" turbo. For 95% of us out there, that $ can better be put into other areas for far more improvement... ie suspension.

Good information. Interesting reading.

welfarepc 01-13-2010 09:59 AM

its almost april 9th ian :)

Full-Race Geoff 01-13-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Autoworks (Post 41225030)
Did Borg "drop" BEP...yes. But that actually has nothing to do with the recent activity and bad press that some would like to think. The situation didn't come about overnight. It basically stemmed from a "supply/demand" matter. Borg wasn't stocking and getting the needed parts over as they used to which was leading to excessive wait times. In turn BEP had to source the parts from other dealers to keep theire customers from having to wait. This made the purchase #s drop from Borg, causing Borg to drop them.

greg, I assume your statement came from Bullseye? There is much more than this, i am not at liberty to discuss here, but what you posted above is not entirely accurate

Originally Posted by rota92 (Post 41219753)
When did people see a drop in quality? Possibly when they started looking for new parts for their turbos? I'd love to run something else, but to get the car running...can't beat the price haha

The 100% genuine borg-warner Airwerks turbos are higher quality, and cost less than the bullseye versions

Originally Posted by 90blackcrx (Post 41220195)
They probably were just sick of hearing Bill answering the phone.

LOL

Originally Posted by cibao2ner (Post 41221091)

BorgWarner Airwerks is the company that designed the S400SX (S400SX available in 71mm and 74mm). the S372 is ONLY what bullseye renamed the Borg Warner S400SX *71mm*. Why bullseye named it a "372" makes no sense -- its an S4 series turbo with a 71.08mm inducer... nothing "3" or "72" about it.

here it is straight from BorgWarner:

http://full-race.com/prototype/twins...boutS400SX.jpg