Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET. ... (where were you)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 9-11-01 NEVER FORGET. ... (where were you)

I had just woken up to get ready to take my kids to school. The TV comes on automatically and the FOX news guy was saying that "This is not a movie folks." Didnt know what the heck it was until I say the 2nd plane hit. I think we all knew that this was no accident or joke by then. It was strange not seeing planes fly over my house.(LAX flight path) I was just glued to the TV. I couldnt believe what I was watching. I remember like it was yesterday.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Senior year in high school was in american history/current event type class. It was pretty disturbing thinking it might of been an accident and then the 2nd one hit, didn't make sense. One of the worst tragedies to ever happen.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sixth grade, Mr. Carters class was when we found out. People were leaving school early and others were being called to the auditorium (ones whos loved ones worked near Ground Zero). I remeber thinking if my uncle was ok, at the time he was a Lt. for a ladder company in FDNY. Luckily he was not on the box alarm but the company he is in now lost 5 guys. I had the opportunity to visit him and his firehouse this past weekend, It was a very sad day, I didn't hear one horn honked in the city it was like a ghost town.

RIP 343 - You will never be forgotten. Hopefully one day I can fill half the shoes you all filled.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was in 8th grade... They didn't tell us till almost the end of the school day so no one panicked.
I remember walking home staring up at the sky and not seeing a single plane, when normally you can see several.

I ended up getting into the fire department in upstate NY. and now that date means a little more to me than it did before. Rest in peace fellas....
Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

junior year of college at suny albany in ny. i was walking to my 840 class and overhead some people talking that a plane hit the world trade center. i was just thinking cessna or leerjet, not jumbo jet. while in class i got on the computer and started watching videos and new updates. they wound up cancelling class around 11am.

9/11 is one of the darkest days in our country's history. however, i think 9/12 is one of our greatest. on that day we were united, as americans. we put all our insignificant differences aside and got back in touch real fast with what matters (family, friends and pride in our country, who we are and what we stand for).

im still pretty sure that if you put new york city on flights and shipped them to the middle east, they would have found and killed bin laden within the week, all without any military help.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was driving to my firestation for my 24 hour shift as a 2nd year FF, didnt even have the radio on, so i had no clue what was going on untill i went into the station to see everyone glued to the TV. We stopped all training and errands for that day. That afternoon, we got dozens of gift and flowers from the public. I had 2 fellow friends that perished in the Towers. Both FDNY God Speed brothers! Never Forget!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was getting ready for school (senior year) and my mom was off that day and had the news on already. When i came downstairs i saw the 2nd plane hit live and thought wow that movie looked real... Then i saw its wasn't a movie, it was an attack! Still went to school and watched it all day. Very Sad day...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Camp Lejeune, 2d Tank Bn headquarters. I had just left our company office to run some paperwork upstairs, as I passed the S2 office(intel office) I see a bunch of my Marines gathered around a TV watching CNN. It was amazing how fast our lives went from normal day to day USMC routine to completely armed and all weapons sytems on kill. The shear intensity was unreal.

Within an extremely short period of time my unit was deployed LOL
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its amazing how vivid the details are to all of us.

how many fellow H-T members are firefighters? it seems we have quite a few.

I am a Firefighter Paramedic for a couple Cincinnati Suburban fire departments.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got to be part of the relief aide along with my dad local 282 hauling the trade center scrap to staten island. The smell is something I will never forget, it was indescribable, and I wish I could forget about the smell which is very haunting to say the least. Cellphone service and radio broadcasting down for many days in the time afterwards. These Muslim extremists are the biggest chicken **** cowards on the planet (no hate towards peaceful Muslims) but we are the greatest nation on this planet and we shall prevail - god bless America and god bless all active soldiers and vets your work is much appreciated and valued here.

Also just want to flip the bird at these two-bit politicians and hippies that oppose us regulating the middle east <|^|> scumbags!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sophmore year history class. We turned on the news then shorty after saw the 2nd plane hit! I couldn't believe my eyes... very sad day :/

I just read everyone's post in this thread and it made me think again about all the lives lost that day and all of the family's that were affected! My prayers are with them!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

was working in the bronx, i was right near a school seen cars flying up to the school locking brakes up parents running into the school and come out wit there kids and storm off, figured what happen a lil later and from there nyc and the rest of america changed
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Originally Posted by mrbh22
its amazing how vivid the details are to all of us.

how many fellow H-T members are firefighters? it seems we have quite a few.

I am a Firefighter Paramedic for a couple Cincinnati Suburban fire departments.
Ff in Austin,tx.

I was in college that day all classes were cancelled after the 2nd plane hit
Old 09-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in Waco, Tx working at Raytheon inside the wing of an aircraft cleaning up FOD, when my spotter told me to come out...

Everyone was gathered in the tool crib watching the TV when the 2nd plane hit. We all watched in disbelief. A short while later, we were all sent home.

After work,I went to the gun store and purchased an HK SL8 .223. Ill be damned if I was gonna sit in my apt unarmed IF we were to be invaded by terrorists...

Sad sad day...RIP to all of those innocent vicitims that lost their lives that day....