Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

*MIDWEST FWD NATIONALS* CHICAGO- JULY 7TH & 8TH

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: *MIDWEST FWD NATIONALS* CHICAGO- JULY 7TH & 8TH

I made it there for eliminations on Sunday despite a long Saturday night in Green Bay. Congrats to all the winners and congrats to my guys, Team Shadowz, as one of their cars ran their PB. Get that thing re-sleeved and get those 9's.

I also want to say thanks to Norris Prayoonto. Cool *** dude. they were calling his class to go to staging and he saw my kids wanting take a picture with his car and he waited for my kids to take a picture with his car first before going to the lanes despite the announcer rushing them. Doin' it for the fans first.

thanks for looking out Norris Prayoonto. You made their day.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twenty47
hey man thanks for giving my buddy and I a ride from the hotel! car was flying.
Steven Seagal would of gave you a ride
Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_n7J...eature=g-all-u
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alex Pagan From Humble Performance vs Norris Prayoonto...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE6Sh...eature=g-all-u
Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wshuculd
Steven Seagal would of gave you a ride
I Loled
Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony1
Big thanks to Freddy and the crew at GLD for putting this on. They did their best to make sure the track prep was on point and they did a damn good job.

We had a good weekend. In the finals one of the hood latches failed around the 2/3 shift and the hood was up about a foot up in the air through third and just got higher and higher as speed increased. Couldn't let off, Reid was right there! Happy with the 180mph trap with a parachute on the front of the car. Gave it a little more on that one and expected at least 185mph.

Gotta say I'm impressed with the M&H slicks, went two 1.44's and a 1.43 60' on them. Previous best on MT's was 1.469. Thanks John!

Anyways, on an iPad so this is a pain. Got some pics and cool slow motion video that we may share next week when we get back to it.
Congrats Tony and the 60 are nice!

SlicksMH
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow45Y4QQarA&feature=plcp
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was a great event. Attendance was good! Payouts were good! Tony, Reid and Prayoonto put on a great show!! To see the cars in person as opposed to youtube, it is a whole different experience. The cars sound totally different live and to see the teams working in the pits to fix issues is something that can't be only be appreciated live. Some of the nicest guys you could meet and talk to. Those in the midwest that didn't make it out, have to make it a priority to come out next year and see some of the top racers in the Sport. Next year should be bigger and better. This is the first year of the event and we would like to make it a yearly event that will go on everyone''s calendar..
Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 00ITR #543
It was a great event. Attendance was good! Payouts were good! Tony, Reid and Prayoonto put on a great show!! To see the cars in person as opposed to youtube, it is a whole different experience. The cars sound totally different live and to see the teams working in the pits to fix issues is something that can't be only be appreciated live. Some of the nicest guys you could meet and talk to. Those in the midwest that didn't make it out, have to make it a priority to come out next year and see some of the top racers in the Sport. Next year should be bigger and better. This is the first year of the event and we would like to make it a yearly event that will go on everyone''s calendar..
My feelings exactly. I was coming back from vacation in Pennsylvania with the family. Our vacation got pushed due to some things at my work, so it was overlapping my plans to come to this event. I made it work, and kept texting my friends saying they were missing a good event. I will be bringing my car to play in the 67mm class next year. Should be a good time. If payouts stay this good and consistent, I don't see why the racer turnout won't get better with each year. Let's make this a premier event that the Midwest holds every year.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^I too may bring my 67 car out to run this event next year.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well it's looking like I'm gonna have to step my game up for the 67mm class for next year lol. Can't wait for next years this year was a blast

Old 07-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h22apwrd95
My feelings exactly. I was coming back from vacation in Pennsylvania with the family. Our vacation got pushed due to some things at my work, so it was overlapping my plans to come to this event. I made it work, and kept texting my friends saying they were missing a good event. I will be bringing my car to play in the 67mm class next year. Should be a good time. If payouts stay this good and consistent, I don't see why the racer turnout won't get better with each year. Let's make this a premier event that the Midwest holds every year.
The classes were pretty good this year. I think there will be some tweaking of the rules, because there was some controversy. 67mm class is a great class and I was expecting more participants. I think some of the locals were a little hesitant to compete because they thought their car wasn't fast enough. Competition is a good way of improving and getting faster. Shops and other racers are out there helping each other out. This was evident in the All Motor class. Humble, Suja and Prayoonto and Speedquest helped each other out and they were competing. Although someone wins and someone loses, everyone walked away with some pretty valuable knowledge and will get faster in the future.

Talks for next year is already in the works. Payouts should only get better with more incentives. For those that don't know, the runner up for the 67mm class also received a $500 gift certificate from Hondata, which was pretty sweet. It's a first year event, expect it to be bigger and more organized.

H-Duced- Hopefully you aren't done for the year!! There is still more events coming up. Let me know if you need any help. btw this is Armando from iLL Garage..
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The classes were pretty good this year. I think there will be some tweaking of the rules, because there was some controversy. 67mm class is a great class and I was expecting more participants. I think some of the locals were a little hesitant to compete because they thought their car wasn't fast enough. Competition is a good way of improving and getting faster. Shops and other racers are out there helping each other out. This was evident in the All Motor class. Humble, Suja and Prayoonto and Speedquest helped each other out and they were competing. Although someone wins and someone loses, everyone walked away with some pretty valuable knowledge and will get faster in the future.

Talks for next year is already in the works. Payouts should only get better with more incentives. For those that don't know, the runner up for the 67mm class also received a $500 gift certificate from Hondata, which was pretty sweet. It's a first year event, expect it to be bigger and more organized.

H-Duced- Hopefully you aren't done for the year!! There is still more events coming up. Let me know if you need any help. btw this is Armando from iLL Garage..
couldn't agree any more. everyone was out trying to help fellow racers. no bickering or trash talking garbage. what we witnessed and participated in helped me realize why i love this industry and sport.

this wasn't even just at the event. i'd like to take this moment to thank ill garage for all the help the weeks prior to the event. these guys take time from their personal lives and work to help fellow racers out!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

jason you need to update your avatar lol. that pic honda day shared would look awesome
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Twenty47
jason you need to update your avatar lol. that pic honda day shared would look awesome
lol didn't even notice it,... good idea :D
Old 07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i cant wait for next years event! i did not compete because well i would have been prolly the slowest there next year ill be competing tho hopefully the car is ready for it
Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Armando- Not done by any means. I was out there on weds doing some more test n tune with some new M/T 24.5X9's. All said and done I think we got the problem figured out. I'm at a 100% duty cycle by 6200. Got a new fuel pump on the way, gonna ditch the 880cc injectors, and gonna go with some 1300cc's. Last but not least a set of cams so I can rev the thing out.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h-duced
Armando- Not done by any means. I was out there on weds doing some more test n tune with some new M/T 24.5X9's. All said and done I think we got the problem figured out. I'm at a 100% duty cycle by 6200. Got a new fuel pump on the way, gonna ditch the 880cc injectors, and gonna go with some 1300cc's. Last but not least a set of cams so I can rev the thing out.

ID1000s are the way to go. Better idle, flow, tunability in partials and better overall. Tire, alignment and suspension makes a big difference as you go up in power. Those items are the most neglected. I'm guilty of it myself. I brought the car out without corner balancing and alignment and it was all over the place this past weekend.

Saw your car on the RSD flyer.... We'll try and set something up with one of our cars. See you on the 3rd
Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just wanted to say thanks to speedquest for having us out we had a good time at the event and i had a good time talking with people the midwest crowd was great it made the 33hr one way drive worth it.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a lot of great pics and videos, I'll upload the vids later tonight but here are some of the pics.

Big thanks to my lady Louzee holding down the fort for me to take the pictures during the race. I would have gone
nuts without her.

Thanks to the Ill Garage guys for getting our butts out of Tx and helping out so much!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good stuff james!