Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

just got a b16 swapped 87 crx si ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just got a b16 swapped 87 crx si ;)

well im home from Connecticut,got to playing around with her.
the body is pretty nice but there is a couple of rust holes in the trunk so i will have to cut and weld in a new piece of metal.(good thing i have shipboard welders as good friends,hehehe.) the motor is acting up but pulls pretty strong when it gets past 2500rpm.
i found a few vacuum leaks and removed alot of unused and broken lines,it still acts up but it is not as bad as it was.also the speedometer does not work,i am working on fixing that,haha.
the ecu is from an 89 crx hf,so i think thats one of the issues. clearly whoever did the motor swap really did not want to get into detail about it,so i am going to go through and find all that is not right with the wiring and such.

now on to the good,she is pretty fast,the shocks are new(kyb gr2) and the springs/t-bars seem to be stiffer but i am not sure what they are from.its clutch is very stiff,not too bad but just perfect and is grabs hard(no puns intended,hahahaha.....stiff)
the stereo was installed right and it had a very nice system in it before i got it,but only the head unit and front and rear speakers remain,but it is all jvc and sounds great,hahaha

my plans for her are to rebuild the motor from the ground up and maybe boost it for some autocross and drag fun,but i want to stiffen up the chassis even more by spot welding and or riveting the seams and weld in the cage(its a bolt in cage as of right now) but just go through and clean the body up and make her an all around good drivers car.

i will keep you guys posted on the progress of the build.
i have been all over the interweb and i am a member of *************** that place is awesome,hahaha.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A.J.
thanks guys for all your support.