Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

teg wont start, alarm issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teg wont start, alarm issue?

I just bought a 90 integra with a clifford alarm. I had it for 4 days, and now it wont start, nothing happens when you turn the key (no fuel system, battery, ignition, nothing) all that happens is the alarm clicks a bunch. Also my key fobs dont work to lock or unlock the car. Any ideas on what it could be? I called the guy i bought it from he says he has no idea about it.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: teg wont start, alarm issue? (still4punk)

Sounds like a dead batt. to me, or maybe poor batt. connections, a poor chassis ground is a common problem on a G2.

Disconnect and remove the batt. unbolt and remove the batt. "box", under it you will find the batt. to chassis ground, undo it, clean both the terminal on the cable and the mounting surface and reconnect, reinstall the batt."box" and batt., clean the batt. posts and the cable clamps, reconnect and retry starting the car.

You should also check the machine screws that hold the main fuse(s) and batt and alt. lead in place in the engine bay fuse box, make sure they are all tight.

Question, does the dome light work when you open the door?

If it does and you leave the door open and try and start the car, does the dome light go out? 94
Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i replaced the battery 4 days ago. before i replaced it the car wouldnt start if the fogs or headlights were on. then i replaced it and it worked for a few days but then started to stall a slight bit when i turned the key like it didnt want to start for a moment. is something draining the battery or something?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (still4punk)

you said the car wouldn't start with the headlights, or the fog lights on.

do you normally start your car with the headlights and fog lights on all the time? normally when i get into my car, i start the car, and my next step is headlights, seatbelt, ect.

regardless of what you do 1st. if you can't start your car with the headlights on, and you just installed a NEW battery 4 days ago, chances are your battery is dead. there is a serious draw in your car that is draining your battery very fast.

a new 4 day old battery should hold a decent charge, and no matter what memory the ECU, radio.. alarm draws, shouldn't nearly be enough to prevent you from starting the car. you have a battery draw, and you need to diagnose it.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by still4punk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i replaced the battery 4 days ago. before i replaced it the car wouldnt start if the fogs or headlights were on. then i replaced it and it worked for a few days but then started to stall a slight bit when i turned the key like it didnt want to start for a moment. is something draining the battery or something?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Unless you check and do the things I suggest, those things can not be ruled out as the problem, all I can do is suggest other things as the problem, kind of pointless unless the others have been eliminated. 94
Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fcm)

the dome light does not come on at all.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, maybe its not an alarm problem. I just completely removed the alarm brain and still no power. Sometimes it will beep when u turn it to accessory, but usually nothing happens at all, no fuel filter sound, no crank, nothing. I have no power to anything. My friend told me maybe its the main relay located under the dash near the pedals. I pulled the MITSUBA relay out and am going to try replacing it. Does anyone know if that will work?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:30 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Although you may have a PGM-FI Main Relay problem, it would not prevent engine cranking or the lack of power to your dome or cluster lights, no power to anything means a dead batt. or a connection problem.

When you say "I have no power to anything" do you mean "anything", you have already said the dome light does not work, how about the trunk/hatch light, horn, park/head lights.
You said the car will not start with head or fog lights on, does that mean the head and/or fog lights do work, if so, do they stay on when you try and start the car?

Again, have you checked the the things I asked, chassis ground, screws holding main fuses, batt. and alt. leads in the under hood fuse box? 94
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok i can start the car if i push start it or start the car, do the reset code sequence for the alarm while attached to another car by jumper cables. If i try to start the car without reseting the alarm the car will get power when turned to accessory but as soon as you try to crank it everything goes and you cannot get power again untill you disconnect the battery from the car and then re attach it. I think there is something on the alarm that kills the power. I found out the alarm is a Audiovox aps255ch. not a clifford, it just has a clifford dash light.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:46 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Unplug the alarm brain, [15 pin connector], try and start the car. 94
Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did that. it does nothing still. I got battery tested and it has a good 13 volts. Everything works fine if i dissconnect the battery cable, then re attach it, then the alarm goes off, if i push the valet button the alarm goes off, i turn the key to accessory, and then i have all power (windows, lights, beeps, seatbelts, ect.) then i try to crank it and something clicks and everything dies and nothing works again untill i dissconnect the battery then re connect it.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 AM
fcm
Old Fart

You have a connection problem.
At some point when you load up the electrical system, [try and start the car] you are loosing continuity on either the pos.(+), [power] side or the neg.(-), [ground] side, because you loose all power it has to be close to the batt., it may even be in the batt. itself.

Did you say you can start the car if you have jumper cables, [from another car] connected to your batt.?

If so, try this, disconnect the neg.(-) lead on your batt. and connect the pos.(+)jumper cable to your batt. pos.(+) and the neg.(-) jumper cable to your ground cable and try and start the car, if it starts normally, [repeatedly] replace your batt., it is defective.

If you still have the problem then check all your main power and ground connections,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a dead batt. to me, or maybe poor batt. connections, a poor chassis ground is a common problem on a G2.

Disconnect and remove the batt. unbolt and remove the batt. "box", under it you will find the batt. to chassis ground, undo it, clean both the terminal on the cable and the mounting surface and reconnect, reinstall the batt."box" and batt., clean the batt. posts and the cable clamps, reconnect and retry starting the car.

You should also check the machine screws that hold the main fuse(s) and batt and alt. lead in place in the engine bay fuse box, make sure they are all tight.</TD></TR></TABLE> 94
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wonder if he ever figured it out?