Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Keyless Push Start/Stop Setups

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Keyless Push Start/Stop Setups

What's up HT!

Anyone here have any first hand experience and or recommendations for keyless push start/stop systems? I've found a few companies that I'm deciding between these (shown in order of preference).

Digital Guard Dawgs (https://www.digitalguarddawg.com)
Advanced Keys
Innovative Ignition Systems

Apparently DGD were the first to do this in the market, and they are much more expensive. However, their iKEY-RS kit (top tier model) is 50% off this month bringing the MSRP price of $699 down to $349!

Also, if you've done this to your car, how much was the install. Any thoughts, inputs, recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-31-2016, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Keyless Push Start/Stop Setups

I got the digital guard dawg for my Honda del sol at half off. I installed it myself using cheat sheets and to be honest with you I wasn't complicated at all. The cheat sheets are vehicle specific and for an older car you probably don't even use half of the wires. The only problem I have so far is I haven't programed the key FOB, so I cant turn the car on since its disabled. I converted my manual locks to power, and when I walk up it does unlock the car and vise versa locks it when I walk away. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is the horn option. I have a MOMO itr steering wheel and hooked up the horn by splicing, so ive been trying to figure out where to connect it at a negative source (positive requires a relay and splicing extra stuff).
Old 08-02-2016, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool features....but thats just about it.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Cool...go for it...what do you have to lose..other than your car.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by homercan2
I got the digital guard dawg for my Honda del sol at half off. I installed it myself using cheat sheets and to be honest with you I wasn't complicated at all. The cheat sheets are vehicle specific and for an older car you probably don't even use half of the wires. The only problem I have so far is I haven't programed the key FOB, so I cant turn the car on since its disabled. I converted my manual locks to power, and when I walk up it does unlock the car and vise versa locks it when I walk away. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is the horn option. I have a MOMO itr steering wheel and hooked up the horn by splicing, so ive been trying to figure out where to connect it at a negative source (positive requires a relay and splicing extra stuff).
Nice! I'm kind of weary of messing with all the electrical stuff myself. How do you like it so far?

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
Cool features....but thats just about it.
Yeah I'm interested in this for the updated tech and "luxury" features that it offers

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Cool...go for it...what do you have to lose..other than your car.
Does installing this makes your car less secure? Is this setup more prone to people being able to bypass security to unlock your car? Any additional information about it's vulnerabilities would be great since I'm considering this for my DC2, especially for the push start feature.

Anyone else have any insights, pros/cons and vulnerablitiies/weaknesses to these setups?