Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Help: wiring windows/ moonroof to roll down remotel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: wiring windows/ moonroof to roll down remotel?

I'm wondering if I could wire up one of my accessory functions on my alarm to roll down my windows and roll back my sunroof.

Anybody done this? is there an easy way of going about it?
Old 07-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help: wiring windows/ moonroof to roll down remotel? (moleodonuts)

For the windows to roll down you just need to buy a window roll down module, im not too sure how to wire the sunroof up but im sure it can be done with a relay. Depending on how good you are at wiring i would recommend bring it to a shop, might cost a bit much but it will save you a headache later.

something like that is what you need..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...&rd=1

Modified by john666 at 8:41 AM 7/26/2004
Old 07-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First of all, what alarm do you have? Also, how many extra aux. channels are available?

The easiest way to do what you're asking is to use 2 window roll-down/up modules. I like the DEI units. You can use the 530T control the windows (roll-up upon arming and roll-down with an aux. channel). The 529T can be used to control the sunroof. It will work in the same manner as the windows (close upon arming and open with aux. channel).

The modules come with their own wiring diagrams but you will still need the appropriate wires codes for your car.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help: wiring windows/ moonroof to roll down remotel? (HondaDriver4Life)

you best bet is to also purchase the DEI 6 channel expander. I did this exact setup in a 4 door accord w/sun roof. when you armed the car all 5 windows closed. When you hit the AUX channel 2 times, the trunk would pop. Hit 3 times and all 5 windows would crack a bit. 4 times just the sun roof, 5 just the front windows, and 6 just the rear. You can set it up so the number of pushes control different windows other than the ones I have listed... that's just the way this guy asked for them to be done.

It was a really sweet setup, just took a really long time to get the wires into the driver's door because the accord has that molex plug or whatever it's called between the gromet into the door and the door its self. That was the biggest PITA of the whole thing. Other than that it's just figure out what wires need to be put where on the channel expander and where/which way to face your diodes so the channels don't bleed over.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Help: wiring windows/ moonroof to roll down remotel? (rjr162)

Right now I have a cheaper crime gaurd unit but I do know off hand it has 2 aux channels. will the units you DEI guys are talking about work on my main unit or are they DEI-specific modules?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The DEI units (530T and 529T) will work with any alarm that has a ground-when-armed output so I'm pretty sure your Crime Guard will be fine. Since you have 2 aux. channels free, you won't need the channel expander.