Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Help Installing Remote Start, Alarm & Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help Installing Remote Start, Alarm & Keyless Entry

I've been reading about people grounding their RCAs for noise, take a look at this picture http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...PioneerFix.jpg ... Looks crazy, I wonder if it is a cheap fix like ground loop isolators or if it is legit. I might have to try it if all else fails... I need a break right now lol
Old 06-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by somethin_random
I've been reading about people grounding their RCAs for noise, take a look at this picture http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...PioneerFix.jpg ... Looks crazy, I wonder if it is a cheap fix like ground loop isolators or if it is legit. I might have to try it if all else fails... I need a break right now lol
it could just as well be the inputs are bad on you deck as well. I would knock that out of the question next. you need to pull the deck and either swap in another and see if problem is still present. I think you might have bad inputs or bad ground on deck. There is a cleaner way of doing the fix...uploading pics in a sec. I dont reccomend this being a permanent thing either....
Old 06-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I ran a different power cable along the outside of the car from the battery to the amp and disconnected all other power cables, the noise is still there... So that should definitely eliminate wires being to close to each other. I've tried 2 amps so it can't be the amp. 4 sets of RCAs so it can't be the RCAs, tried a direct ground from the battery and radio to the amp so it can't be the ground...

This is the head unit, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ers/DEH-P400UB ... I suppose I could try a different head unit although I would hate to go through that labor. I could try that RCA grounding but that looks ghetto as hell....
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant upload pics for some reason...I would try to swap out the deck and keep connections the same. If problem is gone it's the deck.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by just_bn_me83
it could just as well be the inputs are bad on you deck as well. I would knock that out of the question next. you need to pull the deck and either swap in another and see if problem is still present. I think you might have bad inputs or bad ground on deck. There is a cleaner way of doing the fix...uploading pics in a sec. I dont reccomend this being a permanent thing either....
Are all the RCAs connected on the head unit, it has rear, front, sub inputs and I tried each one\set, bridged and single, I mean would they all go bad if one went bad. I really want to avoid swapping head units lol... I guess if I have to - I get the feeling it won't make a difference though
Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by somethin_random
Well I ran a different power cable along the outside of the car from the battery to the amp and disconnected all other power cables, the noise is still there... So that should definitely eliminate wires being to close to each other. I've tried 2 amps so it can't be the amp. 4 sets of RCAs so it can't be the RCAs, tried a direct ground from the battery and radio to the amp so it can't be the ground...

This is the head unit, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ers/DEH-P400UB ... I suppose I could try a different head unit although I would hate to go through that labor. I could try that RCA grounding but that looks ghetto as hell....
it is ghetto but if done a better way it will tell you if the inputs are bad on the deck. I recommend swapping out deck for another and see if problem is still there. I DO NOT recommend running wires outside of the car! Power should come through the firewall and be tucked properly.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by just_bn_me83
it is ghetto but if done a better way it will tell you if the inputs are bad on the deck. I recommend swapping out deck for another and see if problem is still there. I DO NOT recommend running wires outside of the car! Power should come through the firewall and be tucked properly.
I only ran the power wire outside the car temporarily to verify it wasn't interfering with the RCAs and factory wires running down the door.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AHA! I won't have to swap out the head units after all (i don't think) my other head unit is connected to AC power (using a computer supply) and all I would have to do is hook the RCAs and remote wire up!!! YES!! lol - I mean I hope it works

Edit: On second thought, I don't think I should do that...
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can't believe it was the damn RCA preouts this whole time, I just grounded them on the head unit because I didn't want to mess with the other head unit. I think it is common for Pioneer units, I even think Pioneer knew about this (maybe) because they have two ground points with screws on opposite sides of the RCA preouts, lol...

Thanks for all the help today, I really appreciate it, I definitely learned a lot today... Y'all haven't let me down yet! I'm sure I'll be bumping this post again soon though lol
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

older pioneers sometimes have that issue. troubleshooting is always a good learning tool!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It worked out nicely

Last edited by somethin_random; 06-16-2012 at 07:53 AM.