Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Clifford Intelliguard 850

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Intelliguard 850

I also posted this in the Tech forum, to hopefully get some more responses.

I'm ordering a Clifford Intelliguard 850 from my alarm shop with a digital tilt sensor. I would like to have window control and as much security as possible, so I want these accessories:

Smart self-powered siren
Smart windows
Wireless Imobilizer

Does the 850 come with any of those, or do I need to order them seperately? Also would adding the audio sensor or ultrasonic sensor be nescessary, and do they come with the unit? The audio is a glass break, and the ultrasonic is for air movement in the vehicle. I'm thinking about skipping the ultrasonic, but I think the glass would be a good idea.

Please help, I've been searching for an alarm for months, and haven't gotten much response to my questions. I need to get this in as soon as possible

Old 05-26-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Clifford Intelliguard 850 (EX_AutoXer)

It comes with the Blackjax options witch is what u really want when ur buying a clifford alarm
has the 2-point Immobilizer, incase someone trys to steal it, tricks most thives, still ways to get by it, tow truck

Window Up and Down is a added on option u will have to pay extra for, cool to have tho, i would looking into added a Smart self-powered siren
with a backup battery to that, if they dis the battery it still goes off but not as loud, if u have a backup battery it will be louder + a bit safer

good choice on alarm btw,
look into a removable wheel
and 2 autolockers
and more fuel cut offs, and the boot, should be safe
Old 05-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clifford Intelliguard 850 (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Window Up and Down is a added on option u will have to pay extra for, cool to have tho, i would looking into added a Smart self-powered siren
with a backup battery to that, if they dis the battery it still goes off but not as loud, if u have a backup battery it will be louder + a bit safer

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. So I will have to buy the Smart self-powered siren, Smart windows and
Wireless Imobilizer units then as an add on?

What about the audio sensor, should I order that as well, or does it come with it? I woudn't think that it'd be an add on, but it's not in the feature charts...
Old 05-27-2004, 12:57 PM

I've never been a big fan of audio sensors. They aren't all that they are made out to be. If you break a window using a rock it will go off. If the thieves use porcelain it won't go off. I would just get an omni sensor. Much better in my mind.

Old 05-27-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Clifford Intelliguard 850 (sopiwnykg)

What did you pay for the 850? I was looking at that with the windows option also.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clifford Intelliguard 850 (goodfella732)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goodfella732 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What did you pay for the 850? I was looking at that with the windows option also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was told 575 installed, plus 100 for the tilt sensor. I'm not sure how much the other sensors / options are going to end up costing. I was going to install myself, but I just don't have the time like I used to. I'll be heading to the shop today to order it, so I guess I'll find out then...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would just get an omni sensor. Much better in my mind.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It comes with the omni already. If someone breaks a window with porcelain would that trip it? The audio sensor (according to the website) said it would pick up the noise of the 'quiet' window breakers. I want to be as protected as possible from a 'smash and grab' not that I leave anything in my car, but you never know.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:26 AM

Audio sensor is ****. Just get an omni sensor. Much better. You might also want to get the proximity sensor if it doesn't come with it. Audio sensors get in my books.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clifford Intelliguard 850 (sopiwnykg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sopiwnykg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Audio sensor is ****. Just get an omni sensor. Much better. You might also want to get the proximity sensor if it doesn't come with it. Audio sensors get in my books. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it's got the prox as well. Of the alarms I've installed, I've had much more problems with those screw type prox sensors than the glass breaks. The tech assured me that the Clifford prox are great, and easily adjustable. I guess I'll skip the glass break then...
Old 06-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the wireless Kill Switches. It is also pretty user friendly with the Windows interface, so I heard.